Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Well, I've whined enough over the years--mostly to myself, but often enough here--about the fact that, nearly 20 years after baby diapers went to stretchy tabs, ABDL diapers had yet to duplicate the feat. And then, about a year ago, we caught our first glimpse of the Bambino soon-to-be-Magnifico diaper, and I thought, "Hmmm. This could be interesting".

It was still a four-tab diaper (not my favorite thing), and it was still mostly plastic (I'm one of those weird cloth-backed-fanciers), but oh! The stretchiness! How long I'd wished for it.

And so the Magnifico was released to some pretty good reviews (for example), and I told myself, "Having bemoaned the lack of stretchy-waisted ABDL diapers for so long, I'd be a bit of a jerk if I didn't try these.

But I dragged my feet until last week, by which time I'd exhausted all of my excuses for not ordering them. So I ordered them. And they arrived this morning.

And...

AND...

Wow. I actually love these. In fact, I'm prepared to say without hesitation that they are the most comfortable disposable diapers I've ever worn. Easily. The stretch is great, and combined with the easy Velcro closure almost makes me forget I'm wearing a four-tab diaper. The diapered dinosaurs are very cute and definitely one of my favorite ABDL diaper prints. They're totally my thing.

And, of course, I wouldn't be writing this if I hadn't tested the diaper's fitness for... well... ordinary diapery uses. So far, I have no complaints there.

So is this perhaps my favorite ABDL diaper? That's hard to say. The stretchy sides are a HUGE thing for me, personally--a feature I've wanted in an ABDL diaper for a long, long time. These diapers are easy, comfy, and cute. On the other hand, they're quad-tabbed and plastic-backed, both things that ABU had a solution for--once upon a time. :rollseyes: But the cloth-backed Cushies are no more, and even if they still existed, I think I'd be reluctant to go back to that static fit. So... ok, I guess these probably are my new favorite ABDL diaper. Woo-hooo!!

Anyway, great job, Bambino. I really hope this design is sufficiently well-received and profitable that it merits refining and inspires immitation. :)

thats been good to hear…. haven’t had a snug fit since depends started their phase 3 redesign of their brief with they took out actual elastic.

The fit is one of the best things ever, I love it. I wish it was a little more absorbent, especailly at that price, the much cheaper Abena AbriForm L4 about doubles its capacity I think. If you remember the old L3s they seem to hold similar to that I think. And as has been the norm for Bambino for some time, the supply problems have prevented me from buying more. When I've had the excess money to buy fun ABDL diapers, they've been sold out.

I was happy with what I got, but I feel like they could be better.

Does anyone know how to order the magnifico's in Europe. Ik know NappiesRus in England sells Bambino Diapers in Europe. But until now no Magnifico's. Would really like to try them ....

Having gone through a few of these now, I suppose I have to pick a nit: The hybrid aspect complicates one (minor) part of my diapering routine. When I take off a used diaper, I like to roll it up, front to back, and then tape the wings over the tops of each other to create a nice little bundle--which is then tossed in the garbage. This works fine with plastic-backed, adhesive-taped diapers, and it works fine with cloth-backed, Velcro-tabbed diapers. But it doesn't work at all with a hybrid. The best I've managed to do is to tie the elastic wings together. It works, I suppose. (And the result is kind of amusing.)

Anyway. Not a biggie, and it certainly hasn't spoiled them for me at all. It's just not something I anticipated missing about non-hybrid diapers. But I do! A little.

YAY!!! I can't wait to try some of these, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back