bambino diapers

binkyb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Just curious if you have an issue with bambino as there seems to be very little discussion of their magnifico or other products. I happen to like the magnifico but they are pricey. Just wondering if I missed something.

they don't get much discussion here because they don't do anything new very often. It's interesting since they are one of the original ABDL diaper brands out there, and many of us (including ME) bought their first bags and cases of ABDL diapers from Bambino. Their original model is the Classico, it used to be the ONLY diaper model they sold. Their newest change has been the Magnifico Slip-on (pull-up) but that's been out awhile and wasn't a very big success. Hard to say when we'll "hear from them" again.

I still like their Teddy, but there's so much to choose from now, and MOST of the competition has better performance now. They've gone from "best on the market" to "meh", and haven't adjusted their prices, so I can't imagine they're selling anywhere near as much as they used to.

Reactions: Curiousmess and bambinobaby
Yes it has been a while, the magnifico (not the pullup) is still a great diaper very soft and has the Velcro style tapes which are great for redjusting

Reactions: Deleted member 47370 and perlFerret
Well, it's not broke, so why fix it? Their Bellissimo product has proven reliability, and is often priced right. I would give Bambino an edge over the ABUniverse offerings, as ABUniverse is frequently short on supplies. They also set their prices a bit high. The only ABU products that really work for me would be the SDKs, but then they switched from a glossy to a mat finish on the plastic backing. So I don't buy as much from them anymore.

Reactions: perlFerret
My big thing with Bambino comes down to cost. I like the Magnificos, personally, but cost wise, I can’t justify using it as my everyday, go to diaper.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221 and perlFerret
Bambino diapers seem to irritate my skin more than other brands, which is why I no longer use them.

never had irritation but they are pricey, I wonder if now they are after the initial purchase setup they will reduce everyday cost. They do have sales but still $100 a case +- is a little heavy for everyday. I keep some for special occasions for that reason.

Honeywell6180 said:
Well, it's not broke, so why fix it?

Diapers are evolving too fast. If you don't innovate, you get left behind. And that's what's happening to them.

Bambino Magnifico are great diapers. This is my every night diaper. You can catch them on sale on their website during holidays. Valentines probably was their last sale. Free shipping and price comes down to about $2.30+ per diaper if you buy a case

I agree the product isn’t bad, but they really haven’t done much lately as far as product development (at least anything that’s been released)

Bambino was my go-to diaper for many years and I really can’t say anything bad about the product other than like mentioned above I seemed to get diaper rash a lot easier in bambino’s

Aside from them becoming harder to get here, the only other reason I don’t still use them as my 24/7 is the cut/fit. Ive plumped up a bit since my teens and I’m between sizes for the bambino’s so they weren’t working all that great for me anymore

binkyb said:
Just curious if you have an issue with bambino as there seems to be very little discussion of their magnifico or other products. I happen to like the magnifico but they are pricey. Just wondering if I missed something.

I ordered bambino teddies a while ago and i loved them. I ordered a pack of bambino bianco on amazon recently and they were one one the worse diapers ive used. they were very thin and leaked after 1 or 2 wettings. im not sure if it was just a bad batch or maybe a knock off version on them. but i wont ever get bambinos again because of it. they are to expensive to take the chance. i still have half the box sitting around lol

I wear Bambinos almost every night. I find them quite nice. I usually wear Classico or teddy. I really like the Bellissimo but they are more expensive than I'd like. I always try to buy them on sale and then I stock up.

They have come out with the Teddy V2 and the cloudee. I've gotten some samples. They are nice and more absorbant than the Classico, but I'm still not sure I'd order a case.

Timmy53 said:
I wear Bambinos almost every night. I find them quite nice. I usually wear Classico or teddy. I really like the Bellissimo but they are more expensive than I'd like. I always try to buy them on sale and then I stock up.

They have come out with the Teddy V2 and the cloudee. I've gotten some samples. They are nice and more absorbant than the Classico, but I'm still not sure I'd order a case.

Lately I've been wearing northshore megamax. They are by far the most absorbent diaper i've worn so far. Seriously impressed lol

ykdprdave said:
Bambino was my go-to diaper for many years

What I find ironic is that years ago Bambino were the thickest diapers in my diaper drawer, and now they're some of the thinnest diapers I have on-hand. They just can't compete with any of the major brands for capacity nowadays. I still like them, but a lot of that is for sentimental reasons.

For me the bambino classico and teddy leaked soon, i stick with rearz mostly since they're more reliable

Reactions: TacoGhost
Bambino is still awesome in my opinion. Because places like ABU and Rearz insist on making their diapers comically thick, Bambino is really only of the only brands you can wear out of the house. I know there's a comment above about Bambino "not evolving", but if not evolving means having a diaper that doesn't absorb 5000 ml and is as thick as a pillow, count me in. Some of us still like discretion, contrary to what seems to be the norm lately.

As somebody who's concerned more with the feel and appearance of diapers than their theoretical maximum capacities, I've watched the latest trend of 2000-, 3000-, 5000mL diapers with abject disinterest. I couldn't care less. Give me something cute and babyish, comfortable, and functional. Real babies do have their diapers changed a few times a day, after all. Well, more than a few! I don't need to marinate my midsection in 5000mL of urine before freshening up.

Well, whatever. Give us a number, and that's what we'll measure a product by.

Anyway, I'd love to see more designs from Bambino. Presently, the Magnifico is my favorite ABDL disposable diaper. The tabs aren't perfect, and the sizing is coarse, but I love the stretchy wings, and I think the diapered dinosaur print is cute--one of my favorite ABDL diaper prints for sure. So... come on, Bambino! Magnifico v2, please!

Last edited:
I put on a teddy last night for bed. It's a good diaper for those nights I don't expect to need a lot of capacity - a good weeknight diaper where I won't be sleeping in. I think it got three fairly large wettings overnight, and it's wet into the back. I'd say capacity for one more wetting without risk, two would be iffy.

Here's my issue with Bambino compared to other brands: Bambino just puts bare plastic against your skin at the side panels, whereas other major brands use a clothlike covering on the interior. Other brands let your skin breathe a lot better due to this clothlike covering.

NovaDL said:
Here's my issue with Bambino compared to other brands: Bambino just puts bare plastic against your skin at the side panels, whereas other major brands use a clothlike covering on the interior. Other brands let your skin breathe a lot better due to this clothlike covering.

I hadn't really noticed that so I just took a look, checked a teddy, safari, and crinklz. The teddy doesn't appear to have any of the "microfiber" liner, but does "texture" the plastic. The other two seem to have a very thin microfiber layer in addition to the texturing.

I dump a generous amount of talc down the sides of my hips after diapering, to prevent itch/sweat/pimples though, so it matters less for me. I have to watch out for over-drying the skin between my legs or I'll get eczema, but the outsides of my hips don't seem to have a limit to how much powder they can take, so it just gets dumped in ;)

Back