Bambino diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoXPuP

Est. Contributor
Im considering getting some, but there are some questions i want to ask first about the bambino diaper:

1.Is it crinkly? if yes, how much?
2. how many tapes?
3. absorbency, I.E. does it have good absorbency?
4. How bulky are they?
5. Are the tapes strong?
6. Do they hold in smell? (urine, i dont do number 2 in my diapers so it doesnt matter lol.)

And any other details you might want to add would be great.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Im considering getting some, but there are some questions i want to ask first about the bambino diaper:

2. how many tapes?
4. How bulky are they?
5. Are the tapes strong?
6. Do they hold in smell? (urine, i dont do number 2 in my diapers so it doesnt matter lol.)

And any other details you might want to add would be great.

I've been using Bambinos for a little while now... they are really a superb product. I've been wearing diapers 24/7 for a little over a year now... and I've never had a Bambino let me down. I wear them everywhere... work, home, road trips, etc. Never had a problem. They are super soft, definately the most comfortable diaper I've ever worn and they are super thirsty too. With the new lower price I'll continue to choose them over Abena X-plus every time.

1: Bambinos have more of a "rustle" to them than they do a crinkle. If you want crinkle get Attends.

2: Bambinos are a 4-tape product.

3: I rate absorbancy 11 out of 10. Seriously... these things are that good. They use a lot of SAP in the construction so it makes them a bit slow to absorb compared to some other diapers... but if you go slowly and don't flood they will hold great amounts. Just two Bambinos will last me 24 hours.

4: Bambinos are decently bulky. They are a bit low-cut so they don't have the super-bulk that products like Molicare Super Plus or Abena X-plus do... but they are still bulkier than brands like Tranquility, Tena, or Attends.

5: Bambinos have a front "landing zone" and the tapes are very sturdy. They can be refastened many times for a perfect fit and stay attached even after vigorous activity.

6: The Bambinos do a fine job of neutralizing odors. Even after 12 hours in one I haven't had anyone notice any kind of a smell.

I say buy 'em... you won't be dissapointed.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I too have been considering getting a pack of these diapers, and am glad for this post. Cause I needed opinions as well.

I suppose now I'll be investing in a pack :)

indiaperdl

DL couple Germany
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Secure X-Plus

I just got the new Secure X-Plus, same manufacturer as far as I know. They have better leg cuffs and do absorb soooo much better. Those are my perfect diaper. I had issues about slight leaks in the back lower butt/leg area before when sitting down in a wet diaper. Problem is now fixed. They also got a new liner inside (like perforated).

Anyhow, Secure X-Plus is a true 10 out of 10 at this point and I hope they don't "fix" the diaper like most manufacturers fix their products....don't fix it if it's not broken!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I believe this is the case of Secure adopting Bambino's advancements. Let Bambino market them first at a higher cost... then once the development costs are paid off filter it down to your main-line product.

I've tried plenty of Secures in the past. I still maintain that Bambino is more comfortable and absorbs more.

ExtraFluff

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I found these diapers to be kind of disappointing, to be honest. They are the same as the Secure diapers and I didn't like the stiff printed area in front on either diaper.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I believe this is the case of Secure adopting Bambino's advancements. Let Bambino market them first at a higher cost... then once the development costs are paid off filter it down to your main-line product.

I've tried plenty of Secures in the past. I still maintain that Bambino is more comfortable and absorbs more.

I agree with this.

I think that the Bambinos have more SAP in them, so they hold more overall.

I've been curious about this ever since Bambinos came out. I will be getting some Secure X-Plus, and will do some empirical testing and comparison on the two of them, hopefully in the near future.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Not really, but kind of 'rustley'.

2. how many tapes?

I'd say very good. Maybe 9/10. (I always wear with an Abena Abri-Let stuffer though.)

4. How bulky are they?
Dry, 6/10. Wet, 9/10

5. Are the tapes strong?
Yes, very. 10/10

6. Do they hold in smell?
Yes

Overall, I enjoy this product VERY MUCH and would recommend them to anyone.

indiaperdl

DL couple Germany
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After reading my own post again, I think I missed the word 'now'. They improved the secure x-plus. I just got it the first time last week (Printed on front of bags "new leg cuffs" or so). I am not opposing Darkfinn's post, as I have no recent experience with the Bambinos. I think he might be more up-to-date on things than I am. I just wanted to share the qualities of the 'new' improved Secure X-Pluses.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The last time I ordered Secures was over the holidays... so they may have made more changes to them since then. I think I still have one or two left in the drawer at the house... I'll see if I can take some pics sometime and put up a little comparo between the two.

FoXPuP

Est. Contributor
thank you for the responses, im confident in spending money for them
I'll order them tonight, i can't wait X]

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Are secure X plus sold on a lot of sites? Are they more noisy than Bambinos? If the Bambinos are making the other diaper manufacturers up the ante, then good. Seems like they really mail it in with the adult brands compared to how much R & D has apparently gone into the baby diapers.

One of the things that has annoyed me about the adult diapers (Attends, Tranquility slimline) I've worn is how noisy they are. It doesn't seem like baby diapers today are that loud. I think it might have something to do with them not shapeshifting as well as the baby ones do.

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Secure X-Plus and Bambino are made by the same peeps.... Bambinos though, are more noisier, to me at least. You need to try 'em. ;)

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
One of the things that has annoyed me about the adult diapers (Attends, Tranquility slimline) I've worn is how noisy they are. It doesn't seem like baby diapers today are that loud. I think it might have something to do with them not shapeshifting as well as the baby ones do.

To those of us who remember when thick and crinkly were distinct characteristics of baby disposable diapers, which advertised their presence, it's hard to not find this desirable as a part of the whole experience of wearing diapers. Even though it's also a bit impractical in public around those whom you don't want to know you're wearing a diaper, it's great fun when wearing in private or in a crowded area where people aren't going to notice.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just got Bambinos and they surprisingly feel a little big. The other thing is one of the tapes broke while I was sleeping. I'm going to try it again but they don't seem to fit me very well, it's like I'm not chubby enough.

mooster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I prefer Secure X-Plus over the Bambinos. To me the Secure X-Plus has more absorbency. I find that the bottom tapes on the Bambinos tend to cut into my legs when I crouch to lift something or when I sleep with legs that are not straight. :grouphug:

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I recently went through a bag of Secure XP's.....Overall they were a good product however I was extremely dissatasfied with the giant stiff tape zone up front.

It completely took away the baby feel and made me feel like I was wearing an industrial strength diaper. They were great for wetting and absorbtion and all the utility features that most of us enjoy in a diaper...but very stiff and noisy - not in a cute baby sorta noisy way...rather a distracting crinkly tin foil sorta way....they were very abrasive in the tape zone which I found distracting....won't buy again....went back to Abena XPs.

I'm curious if Bambino's have the same tape zone as the Secure XP?
Are they soft like the Dry24/7's or more like the Abenas?

Anywho....curious what other people have to say - I'd like to try the Bambinos if they don't have that obnoxious tape zone that the Secures have.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I put on a new bambino last night and it fit much better. I think the problem was that I had put it too high in the front. It didn't occur to me that could make so much of a difference. Now I think I like the bambino's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.