bambino diapers V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlboylife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
has anyone else seen the 3 new diapers from bambino? they now have three more styles with absorbency same as bellisimo. one is allover print of the classico, one that is allover print of the teddy and a totally new diaper called cloudee that is blue with balloons and unicorns and clouds. they look super cool and cute. and their on sale now.

will have to check those out when I get home, thanks for the heads-up!

(so are any of them yet another instance of the peekabu/ultra/mega base model?)

I got an email from Bambino yesterday outlining these new diapers. Of the 3, the Cloudee is the only one I’m even remotely interested in. Unfortunately, the Classico V2 and Teddy V2 are going to feature re-fastenable Velcro tapes...which I have yet to try a diaper with Velcro tapes that I like. The Velcro tapes and panel are way too thick and stiff for my personal enjoyment; they just don’t feel...right. Because of how stiff they are, any movement of your body that crinkles the tapes or Velcro panel (such as sitting or bending over) seems to cause the Velcro to come undone. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

DPRLuv85 said:
the Classico V2 and Teddy V2 are going to feature re-fastenable Velcro tapes...which I have yet to try a diaper with Velcro tapes that I like. The Velcro tapes and panel are way too thick and stiff for my personal enjoyment; they just don’t feel...right

You might want to give them a try. If they're like what's on the Bellissimo, they're nothing like other tapes you've seen. Instead of being rectangular with sharp corners, they're more like tabs, that taper in on the end. They've also got a soft border material that extends out about 1/8" from the stiffer core, and have rounded corners. And that same soft material is also covering the top of the tapes. So for someone that sleeps on their back with hands on hips, it's very nice to not have to worry about getting the tapes perfectly flat and squared up so they don't poke my wrists.

Bellissimo tapes are also shorter and wider than most other tapes, and that seems tomake them less likely to pop off if pulled at an angle, as do most other velcro tapes I've tried.

DPRLuv85 said:
I got an email from Bambino yesterday outlining these new diapers. Of the 3, the Cloudee is the only one I’m even remotely interested in. Unfortunately, the Classico V2 and Teddy V2 are going to feature re-fastenable Velcro tapes...which I have yet to try a diaper with Velcro tapes that I like. The Velcro tapes and panel are way too thick and stiff for my personal enjoyment; they just don’t feel...right. Because of how stiff they are, any movement of your body that crinkles the tapes or Velcro panel (such as sitting or bending over) seems to cause the Velcro to come undone. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Did the tabs/tape information come from Bambino? They stated here that they're regular tapes:

https://twitter.com/bambinodiapers/status/1075584730798579712

bambinod said:
You might want to give them a try. If they're like what's on the Bellissimo, they're nothing like other tapes you've seen. Instead of being rectangular with sharp corners, they're more like tabs, that taper in on the end. They've also got a soft border material that extends out about 1/8" from the stiffer core, and have rounded corners. And that same soft material is also covering the top of the tapes. So for someone that sleeps on their back with hands on hips, it's very nice to not have to worry about getting the tapes perfectly flat and squared up so they don't poke my wrists.

Bellissimo tapes are also shorter and wider than most other tapes, and that seems tomake them less likely to pop off if pulled at an angle, as do most other velcro tapes I've tried.

I'm not the Bambino expert I used to be but doesn't Bellissimo sport sticky tapes? I thought it was just Magnifico, Bianco Ultrastretch, and their summer limited edition that used hook and loop closures. For what it's worth, I do think the tabs themselves aren't unpleasant. It's the landing zone that interferes with the nice smooth feel of the diaper that I object to but there's really nothing to be done about that.

Trevor said:
Did the tabs/tape information come from Bambino? They stated here that they're regular tapes:

https://twitter.com/bambinodiapers/status/1075584730798579712

This made me go back and check the email they sent me. And you’re right! Somehow my brain swapped some words around and I was sure they were Velcro tabs (even though the email did not contain the word Velcro anywhere in it!). My apologies for spreading misinformation.

Now I want to try all 3 new Bambino diapers!

DPRLuv85 said:
This made me go back and check the email they sent me. And you’re right! Somehow my brain swapped some words around and I was sure they were Velcro tabs (even though the email did not contain the word Velcro anywhere in it!). My apologies for spreading misinformation.

Now I want to try all 3 new Bambino diapers!

It's easy to be a little paranoid as far as I'm concerned. I find tabs much less appealing than sticky tapes even if they work well.

It sounds like this is the same diaper as a bellesimo just with different art

IMO, the art is really uninspiring, they should hire someone to do the art. I'm mostly disappointed by the teddies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trevor said:
'm not the Bambino expert I used to be but doesn't Bellissimo sport sticky tapes? I thought it was just Magnifico, Bianco Ultrastretch, and their summer limited edition that used hook and loop closures. For what it's worth, I do think the tabs themselves aren't unpleasant. It's the landing zone that interferes with the nice smooth feel of the diaper that I object to but there's really nothing to be done about that.

You are correct, magnifico is what I meant to say. And yes, the landing zone on all the velcro diapers is considerably stiffer and not smooth, I don't like the feel so well either. Works well for daytime under clothes though. (I wear Little Builders to work) The tabs are very easy on the wrists overnight though, I just need to pay attention to keeping the front panel flat and wrinkle-free. (the space between the upper and lower tapes is a particular problem)

And so I looked at their website today. Looks like no new products, just some "reskins", changing the art from the tape panel to the shell. Not surprising, as a ton of new diaper designs have hit the market recently, most of which are going full-shell-art. And here I was just recently saying Bambino had stopped innovating!

I like all-white or all-white with "lightweight" tape panel art, so I definitely prefer the original Teddy to the "v2" that has the art all over the shell. But it's good to see them trying new things, even if it's not my cup of tea. Maybe next time it will be.

I don't know when or whether I will try any of these new releases as I will not need more diapers for some time.

But I am glad that these companies are creating new versions and trying them out as the only way to know if a diaper will be the next 'go-to' diaper is to make and sell them

Dang i really liked the v1 teddy with the art only on the tape panel and i looked and all of their diapers are like this now unless you go with the all white bianco's which seem boring. I did like SDKs but they always seem to be out of stock when i need them and i hear they have a rough plastic backing. I guess that these older style diapers are going to start going away with less demand for them? I guess the only 80s-90s style diaper remaining is the SDKs?

StarquestStig said:
Dang i really liked the v1 teddy with the art only on the tape panel and i looked and all of their diapers are like this now unless you go with the all white bianco's which seem boring. I did like SDKs but they always seem to be out of stock when i need them and i hear they have a rough plastic backing. I guess that these older style diapers are going to start going away with less demand for them? I guess the only 80s-90s style diaper remaining is the SDKs?

The originals are still there and from what I've seen they're not planning on dropping them. It'll probably just shake down to a matter of what the sales numbers look like. There's overhead cost to carrying more models in the warehouse, and if adding a new model just takes sales away from one of your other models, you'll end up losing money. So either they intend to drop the original line (I doubt it) or they are hoping to increase total sales. (which may bite somewhat into their other model sales, but not enough to be a problem)

Time will tell!

bambinod said:
The originals are still there and from what I've seen they're not planning on dropping them. It'll probably just shake down to a matter of what the sales numbers look like. There's overhead cost to carrying more models in the warehouse, and if adding a new model just takes sales away from one of your other models, you'll end up losing money. So either they intend to drop the original line (I doubt it) or they are hoping to increase total sales. (which may bite somewhat into their other model sales, but not enough to be a problem)

Time will tell!

I guess they could change their plans if these do terribly but they're saying they're going to sell what they have and go with the new.

https://twitter.com/bambinodiapers/status/1075585296077545472

Trevor said:
I guess they could change their plans if these do terribly but they're saying they're going to sell what they have and go with the new.

https://twitter.com/bambinodiapers/status/1075585296077545472

just read that link and it says at the head post that they are phasing out the v1s but right below it they say they aren't set in stone about canceling them so that could be good?

This version 2 seems thinner, with less coverage than the newer style Version 1 of their products. If they go with Version 2 and replace the originals, then I'm done with them.

that's a shame. I think there's still a very strong demand for "mostly white with front print" diapers, and the teddy/classico fit that niche really well.

I am not a fan of all over prints, personally.

Oh wow those are absolutely adorable.

Love the prints and think they look better than the V1. Wish they weren't so expensive though.

I hope that if these do well they will make an all-over printed bellissimo. That's something I would probably buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back