Bambino Diapers price change

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Bambino diapers apparently just did a re-launch of their website and lowered their prices. A case of 48 medium diapers now runs for 65.96, which breaks down to 1.37 per diaper, a fairly good price. Shipping is still included in the price, so it sounds like a much better deal than before. To lazy to do any comparisons with other diaper prices at the moment.

They're also seem to be launching a new product next week or so. Let us be diaper-nerdy and speculate what they shall reveal!!!!11!!one:detective3

Linky https://bambinodiapers.com

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess they are going to have something diaper related.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
No need to speculate, it's

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Cheaper than Depends?

I just bought a bag of Depends Maximum Protection for $16.99. If you double them up (The only way to use them, IMHO) that works out to 2.13 for 8 diapers.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How much do you wanna bet that all of this 'we are proud to serve...' bollocks is just that... a load of bollocks? They probably think they're just making a buck off of 'freaks'.

In any case, that's a nice price reduction. Cool beans. Still can't buy em.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
At current (xpmedical) price per medium diaper per case, you have:
1.38 Abena X-Plus
1.35 Molicare Super-plus

Paying 1.37 per Bambino doesn't sound too expensive now, does it?

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
How much do you wanna bet that all of this 'we are proud to serve...' bollocks is just that... a load of bollocks? They probably think they're just making a buck off of 'freaks'.

Turns out they have a marketing director and everything, they even release press bulletins to certain *B/DL websites. While they may just be making a buck off of us, you have to agree its smart business on their end.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

In any case, that's a nice price reduction. Cool beans. Still can't buy em.

Dude the owner is a AB I think. Anyways if someone thought we were freaks they surely wouldn't be selling items to us to help us live our lifestyles.

Also the AB diaper market is a VERY small market. Hench why the costs are so high. People who need diapers most likely won't want baby prints on the front of them. If the person thinks we are freaks then it should be said that person is a idiot just for selling special printed adult diapers to such a small market. Also it's not like many TB's are going to have the money or ability to buy these either.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Outside us, only closet ABs or those looking to humiliate their mates would buy the extra-babyish diapers, instead of opting for the more absorbent Molicares. By bringing the cost/brief down to Abena's & Molicare's level, they are suddenly a more viable option to ABs who couldn't afford "premium" diapers.

B

babydiaper24

That be droping there price but still seem there give less what other brands offer for one you pay 62.26 for small case and only get 64 diapers. now for that same price around i think attends you buy same size S/M diaper and get 96 diapers instead just 64

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I did notice that the other day. The price drop is good... enough to make me consider ordering some... but as tight as funds are here recently I think I'll stick to other "regular" brands. Abri X-plus and Moli Super Plus are already expensive enough at ~$1.35 each.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Wow, this is awesome news. They actually dropped the price a lot. Anyone have any speculations as to what the new product will be????

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'd really like some of these, but they don't ship to New Zealand.

Unless I could get one of the American members to receive and then ship them overseas for me...

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Also the AB diaper market is a VERY small market. Hench why the costs are so high. People who need diapers most likely won't want baby prints on the front of them.

I read somewhere that one elderly lady who was incontinent commented she found the bambino brand to be more comfortable and work better. If the prices become competitive with the rest of the adult diapers, I hope it adds some incentives to make the adult diapers better. I've noticed they don't seem to be designed for people who move around a lot like baby diapers are.
Why are there multiple small tapes that don't have elastic on the sides? Why don't the sides gradually arch up more instead of a flap that has a right angle corner?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I read somewhere that one elderly lady who was incontinent commented she found the bambino brand to be more comfortable and work better. If the prices become competitive with the rest of the adult diapers, I hope it adds some incentives to make the adult diapers better. I've noticed they don't seem to be designed for people who move around a lot like baby diapers are.
Why are there multiple small tapes that don't have elastic on the sides? Why don't the sides gradually arch up more instead of a flap that has a right angle corner?

There are some problems with that. I'll list them in order that they came to my mind in.

1. You read it somewhere online I bet, you never saw the elderly woman. People can lie online about who/what they are.

2. abena x-plus and dry 24/7's are better diapers then bambino. I tried all 3 so far and X-plus is the clear winner followed by 24/7 then bambino.

3. X-plus and 24/7 are both cheaper then bambino diapers. Even more so if you order in bulk like someone who is incontinent would.

4. Bambino's are marketed towards adult baby's/diaper lovers. I highly doubt the company is sending samples to nursing homes and doctor's offices/hospitals.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Actually, the Bambinos have the best fastening system of the products mentioned above, at least from my perspective. They also have reasonably good absorbency and fluid retention. This would make them ideal for someone with heavy incontinence, more so than with Attends or Tena. Also, keep in mind that they have the Bianco line, which I assume would be a choice for the person that Dark Bringer was mentioning about. Whether or not people actually buy Bambinos for true medical reasons can't be proven, but it neither can it be disproven.

Demand: Increased production and technology will bring the cost of each diaper down due to volume. Larger quantities of raw materials cost less than smaller quantities, and this is evidenced by a visit to the local grocery store. It works just as well for manufacturers. Technology also increases the rate of production while reducing labor. This indicates to me that there is a large demand for the Bambino product, both plain and colored versions. The reduced price will make them more competitive. It wouldn't surprise me if Bambino started out-selling Tranquility and Tena, if the prices were matched. It's a good assumption that The Bottom Half Group LLC's goal is to capture as much of the market as possible, both medical (Secure) and AB/DL.

Honeywell6180

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Okay... I did it. I ordered two cases today... one for me and one for LG. I guess we'll have cute diapers for the next month or so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.