Bambino-Considering downsizing, need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm considering ordering the small size of Bambino's for my second order. Same price, but getting 8 more diapers sounds right up my alley. I wear 34 inch waist clothing so that puts me in their upper bracket. Second, does the downsize reduce absorbancy? Though I've had a few times where the seal leaks around the bend on the seat of the diaper when it gets closer to full, so this would lead me to think that a tighter seal would be help. I make the diaper tighter but even then it still feels like it could be tighter but I'm unable to make it get there. Second, my partner would be sharing from the same stock. So any females on the board that could comment on hips being wider than waists in terms of sizing. Waist wise she is smaller than I am however.

Yeah I know there is a sample order, just figured if I could save my $7 why not (college student). Esp because that's a forth of the cost of ordering the bags.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

In short, i'm just asking about fit / comfortability

Kokuei

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
well i have a 34 waist myself. and i cant fit into smalls if my life depended on it. But i have fat thighs so thats part of my problem fitting into smalls. but i figured i would put in my two cents.

also yea i know you dont want to spend the money on the sample but since everyone is different and has slightly different body frames. the sample is really worth it so you dont end up with a bunch of diapers whos only function would be stuffers.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is it even a close fit? I should have elaborated. I wear 34 inch waist stuff comfortably, but I could squeeze into 32.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think size small is going to be really tight on you, it if fits at all. I have a 29" waist, narrow hips, and super skinny legs. Smalls are pretty close fitting on me. They also are less absorbent and ride much lower than mediums. I would order a sample before committing to larger quantities.

Tuples

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think size small is going to be really tight on you, it if fits at all. I have a 29" waist, narrow hips, and super skinny legs. Smalls are pretty close fitting on me. They also are less absorbent and ride much lower than mediums. I would order a sample before committing to larger quantities.

I'm going to be ordering some Bambinos too, and I was wondering, since I also have a 29" waist, whether the mediums would fit me or not, as I only have one chance in a long time to order these, so I want to make sure I get my size right. Do you think the mediums are better than getting more smalls???

Kokuei

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
Is it even a close fit? I should have elaborated. I wear 34 inch waist stuff comfortably, but I could squeeze into 32.

Not even a close fit for me. but like i said i have fat thighs. I weigh about 200lbs, 195 on a good day. if your a similar weight. smalls would be a total waist

S

Spearmint

Not even a close fit for me. but like i said i have fat thighs. I weigh about 200lbs, 195 on a good day. if your a similar weight. smalls would be a total waist

I'm about 105-110 pounds, will small be a good fit for me? I don't want em' to be too big.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
You have noticed that Bambino's website no longer lists Small Classico. ABU has never made size Small. Bottom line is those of us not large enough for ABU or Bambino medium will get lots of practice decorating our diapers.

The Bambino website does show Bianco small as being available.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm going to be ordering some Bambinos too, and I was wondering, since I also have a 29" waist, whether the mediums would fit me or not, as I only have one chance in a long time to order these, so I want to make sure I get my size right. Do you think the mediums are better than getting more smalls???

I order both. If I want the diaper to ride lower and fit tighter I go with the small. (ie: if I am wearing under clothing and don't want the top of the diaper above the waistband of what ever I an wearing. The smalls are easier to hide under clothing. I like the mediums if I'm home alone and going to be wearing for longer periods since they hold more. I'll be "frank" here: If you like "getting off" while wearing, the mediums are a better choice since they keep everything contained.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I'm about 105-110 pounds, will small be a good fit for me? I don't want em' to be too big.

I weight 125Lbs. The mediums are a little big, but sometimes I like them that way. You should be safe with the small ones.

A

annierighthurr

How close do the tapes come together on the mediums for you? At a 34 waist, I think smalls would be too tight regardless though. Could be wrong but I don't see it. My boyfriend is a 32-33in waist, and there is no way he could fit in smalls. He fits in mediums with about 3 inches in the middle between tapes.

I fit into small secures (same thing as Bambino) when the top tapes on mediums touched.

editting my post a little because I'm a female, so I can comment. Hips do make a huge difference. If her hips are bigger then say 32" I don't see how they would.

A good way to make the Bambinos tighter is to pull the edges very tightly around your legs and waist before taping. That is what my boyfriend does to me. :]

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, I did use medium, I was just considering small as I am on the lower bracket of medium and upper on small. But....in the end the small wasn't close. Curiosity got to me so I ordered the trial smalls. The tapes may have just barely touched the edge if I pulled them to the breaking point. So for future readers, if you're 32-34 and thinking about trying smalls, save your money.

In other news, I thought it was high time to try something new. My Tranquility ATN's just came in today. $13 for 12 +shipping or about $26 for 24 with free shipping from Amazon (choose this one because with shipping a single package was only $3 less), figured it's more for less than another order of bambinos. Done a few small wettings in the first one and they feel great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.