Bambino Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walak

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I saw that the magnifico is back in stock and I'm very excited about it! I was about to place my order but decided to hold off because I recently bought a case of belissimos....

Belissimos have been my go to diaper for years now, and my most recent case was EXTREMELY thinner than beforehand. So much so that I actually threw out about 35 diapers because they weren't worth the stash space.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the magnifico is going to be as terrible as their other lines.

-Walak

Walak said:
I actually threw out about 35 diapers because they weren't worth the stash space.

That makes me cringe. It just seems like such a terrible waste to throw out unused diapers, even if they were significantly thinner. Thinner diapers can be great for wearing during the daytime out in public when you want to wear something less bulky. I could understand throwing them out if they had a defect that rendered them unusable, but if besides just being thinner they were still totally usable... yikes. Couldn't you offer them to someone here on ADISC who would be willing to cover the shipping costs or maybe even reimburse you somewhat for the loss? Is your space really that limited?

I think your skepticism of Bambino here is well warranted though. They've been having some major QA issues and seem to in denial regarding the scope of the problem. I won't be purchasing anything from them until they get their act together.

Agree. Just purchased my first order from the new ABUniverse and not looking back!

Not that I ordered from them a lot but I know for sure they lost me as a customer since so many have posted with quality problems from them recently

Wow... I only bought Bianco. OfficialBambino just registered and promised us the extra compression problem only affected Bianco and nothing else.

So they have now lied to us, it would seem. There's no way they can't have known about this. The Bianco boxes are very clearly 30% smaller as a result of the thinner diaper packages. The Bellissimos would be the same.

This really does follow the MO that I talked about, where every new product release seems to come with thickness decreases in the older ones.

I appreciate all they've done for the community in getting the AB diaper market started. But combined with the outrageous price hike on the new line, and endless quality failures, I think I'm done buying from them in the future :(

Walak said:
I saw that the magnifico is back in stock and I'm very excited about it! I was about to place my order but decided to hold off because I recently bought a case of belissimos....

Belissimos have been my go to diaper for years now, and my most recent case was EXTREMELY thinner than beforehand. So much so that I actually threw out about 35 diapers because they weren't worth the stash space.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the magnifico is going to be as terrible as their other lines.

-Walak

INTrePid said:
That makes me cringe. It just seems like such a terrible waste to throw out unused diapers, even if they were significantly thinner. Thinner diapers can be great for wearing during the daytime out in public when you want to wear something less bulky. I could understand throwing them out if they had a defect that rendered them unusable, but if besides just being thinner they were still totally usable... yikes. Couldn't you offer them to someone here on ADISC who would be willing to cover the shipping costs or maybe even reimburse you somewhat for the loss? Is your space really that limited?

I think your skepticism of Bambino here is well warranted though. They've been having some major QA issues and seem to in denial regarding the scope of the problem. I won't be purchasing anything from them until they get their act together.

Holy fuck. Just tossing out premium diapers? I agree with INTrePID, that's a terrible waste.

KimbaStarshine said:
Holy fuck. Just tossing out premium diapers? I agree with INTrePID, that's a terrible waste.

/me opens cardboard box and points

"here, toss them here, I'll take care of them for you!"

Thank you for posting this! Another person posted about Bambinos and I shared my concerns with skepticism from others. That was my major go to diaper for day or other times when I need protection that would last. Now I know to not purchase those either!! I have IBS and OAB and there're times I need a good quality product to last and theirs is not one of them for now!!

bambinod said:
/me opens cardboard box and points

"here, toss them here, I'll take care of them for you!"

You and a lot of us would have taken them if he offered.

- - - Updated - - -

I still have 4 bags of Bianco but i am not throwing them out.

Yeah, I almost never throw out diapers, they have to be literally unusable for me to throw them out. Even if they're completely terrible if they can handle one or two wettings I'll keep them on hand for when I know I'm only going to be in the diaper an hour or so. I mean, everybody has that situation where you have to be changed right now but you know you're leaving soon, and reject diapers are perfect for that, lol

Walak said:

-Walak
Do you have pics of both Bellissimos to post? That would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back