Balancing Efficient Storage with Discreet storage

DangerKitsune

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I see plenty of threads via searching that the topic of where people are currently storing their diapers/stash, but little about what people have tried and not liked or preferred.

I've moved multiple times in the past decade and have tried numerous different storage of my diapers (on average, 200 diapers on hand, most still in packs), each one served the basic purpose well, storing the diapers out of sight in an organized manner, but I haven't really been fully happy with any one of the solutions, I also want something that is both efficient and discreet.

Here's what I have tried:

Storage MethodProsCons
In their shipped boxes tucked neatly away in the closet
  • No additional costs
  • Mostly Stackable
  • Blends in well in a closet
  • Takes up a lot of space
  • Not aesthetically pleasing
Storage Totes
  • Mostly low cost solution
  • Stackable uniformly
  • Looks fairly mundane to anyone casually looking
  • Hard to arrange different sized packs
  • Have to take everything out of bags to store efficiently
  • Have to move bins around to get to items lower in the stack
  • Still not really aesthetically pleasing
A fiberboard armoire (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00154MGXY/)
  • Pretty good overall
  • Good Shelf space
  • Doors mostly concealed everything
  • Looked nice
  • Fell apart after a few moves
  • Quite expensive for what it is
Current: Closet Organizer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H2N9X66/)
  • Cheap
  • Use the cheapest metal pipes with plastic connectors I've ever seen
  • Already had one of two fall apart
  • Sometimes the zippers don't zip all the way, showing the packs if someone looks close enough
  • Not the most stable shelving

What about you? What have you found works for your storage situation and what didn't?

Reactions: Cottontail

StayPadded

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mine probably isn’t better than anything you’ve tried. I still live with my family so I have to hide my stash very well. In my storage room there is a vent with enough space above it to store stacks of diapers. I haven’t had more than 40 on hand but I could probably hide 80-100 comfortably.

grst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I recently had to move my stash to a “U-Box” from U-Haul. It is stored indoors and if I want I can ship it anywhere in the country. It is costing me $75/month, but I guess that’s the price I pay for having over 8,000 diapers 😅

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
grst said:
I recently had to move my stash to a “U-Box” from U-Haul. It is stored indoors and if I want I can ship it anywhere in the country. It is costing me $75/month, but I guess that’s the price I pay for having over 8,000 diapers 😅
wow
that's intense
all boxes up or stacked in there loose?
Id be worried they'd lose the box or something tragic along those lines

grst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My collection is mostly diapers (Huggies, Pampers, etc), Pull ups, and Goodnites. About half of them are in storage totes. I’ve been collecting every new design that has come out for about 15 years, and usually buy them by the box. I only ever end up using about half the box. What isn’t in storage totes is in diaper boxes. I used to have a room in the basement (see photo) that I kept my collection in. Unfortunately, had to move, so the U-Box is a good option. I brought it right to the house, loaded it, and brought it to the storage place. It’s inside (nice for Michigan winter) and very secure. I can access it whenever I want. When looking for new places, I will certainly be looking for a place to put all of my diapers. Lol

Attachments

• 7C2621DD-2145-4586-B54B-B8F140F1D878.jpeg
    7C2621DD-2145-4586-B54B-B8F140F1D878.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7