Bad Urine Smell

jonny77

Tykable lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone have issues with their brief smelling just horribly bad of urine. Wifey made me change this mourning due to the bad smell. I use str8 ups from NRU. Now I have used summers eve female sprays for down there. They help a little but not for long. Just wandering what anyone else tried to mask the smell. I'm pretty sure y'all recommend to change but when on a budget, I try to get the most out of my briefs.

Your urine shouldn't have a strong smell. If it does, it can be a sign of not drinking enough water and being dehydrated, or it can be a urinary tract infection.

Reactions: 247, diaperdude and jonny77
ltaluv said:
Your urine shouldn't have a strong smell. If it does, it can be a sign of not drinking enough water and being dehydrated, or it can be a urinary tract infection.
Heh, I definitely struggle with not drinking enough and definitely have this issue. I don't get natural urges of thirst. Been that way since I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. So, I now have to force myself to try to drink enough.

jonny77 said:
Anyone have issues with their brief smelling just horribly bad of urine. Wifey made me change this mourning due to the bad smell. I use str8 ups from NRU. Now I have used summers eve female sprays for down there. They help a little but not for long. Just wandering what anyone else tried to mask the smell. I'm pretty sure y'all recommend to change but when on a budget, I try to get the most out of my briefs.
You're probably not drinking enough water. Your urine should be either almost clear or a pale yellow if you're well hydrated. If it's a darker yellow then it's going to smell stronger, and you're probably a little dehydrated. I like to get the most out of my diapers before I change. I can have one on for 12 hours or more and not smell very much, but I usually drink plenty of water while diapered.

Cleaning up well during each change also helps. If I don't get a shower I use baby wipes, then a cloth soaked in warm water to wipe myself off. Then I put plenty of baby powder on my whole diaper area and around my thighs. It keeps the diaper from chafing, keeps my skin dry, and also helps with smells.

Reactions: jonny77
as others have said you're likely dehydrated. Add more fluids and then smell should lessen. If it's a sickly sweet smell get to your doctors quick and check for diabetes.

SparkyDog said:
as others have said you're likely dehydrated. Add more fluids and then smell should lessen. If it's a sickly sweet smell get to your doctors quick and check for diabetes.
Well theres the answer. It's because I'm diabetic. Thanx. I figured it could be because of that.

Reactions: SparkyDog
jonny77 said:
Well theres the answer. It's because I'm diabetic. Thanx. I figured it could be because of that.
actually I think with people with diabetes or is it hypoglycemia, if they have a low blood sugar level their urine would have a more sweet/fruity smell

Last edited:
Mapboy said:
actually I think with people with diabetes or is it hypoglycemia, if they have a low blood sugar level their urine would have a more sweet/fruity smell
I wish I did

It depends on what I drinking ! Coffee & Tea does it for me ...

jonny77 said:
I wish I did
You wish you had hyperglycemia with our fruits/sweet smelling urine? Eh, I wouldn't want that. I've been type one diabetic for 8 and a half years (Oct 23, 2014) and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Sleeping on my back diapered is so annoying lol, because I often wake up with my pump off the belt/clip and me laying on top of it slightly. That's something that'll wake you up. It's constant, too. Always wearing a belt to keep my pump in place T_T.

I am a type 2 diabetic, and I think the meds I take are part of the smell... Even so, as everyone has said, drink more water. Dilute dilute dilute!

Back