Status
Not open for further replies.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
So, I have this bad habit of biting off any skin from my lower lip that I can. In the summer this isn't really a problem, but now that it's getting cold (and dry) outside, my lips are chapping like mad - and I can't get myself to stop biting! Right now it's burning and I still have the urge to bite it :sad:

Anyone else have frustrating bad habits like this? If you've overcome it, how? The only relief I've found is load up on lip balm and sleep with my paci (which prevents me from biting).

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, I actually have the exact same habit, and I'm doing it right now :mad:

Also, I bite my nails to no end, and have a strong need to rip the labels off of most things. But I guess most people do things like that.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I bite my nails. In fact, if it is reasonably small and doesn't taste nasty, I will probably end up chewing it if it is in my possession. My latest is pen lids - it is really annoying my teachers because I can't talk clearly with one in my mouth.

I pick my nose. Again, I don't think about it. It just happens. I used to eat it as well, though now I just try to clean my hands on a tissue or something like that.

I used to bite my toenails as well as my fingernails. I don't any more (not flexible enough) but I still eat the nails once I have clipped them off. I also have a tendency to be a little overzealous with cutting my nails resulting in many ingrowing ones.

To be honest most of my bad habits revolve around things going in my mouth and being chewed. Oral fixation, what?

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to have pretty bad acne, and I used to scratch it when I was nervous, sometimes until it would bleed. It was really embarrassing and it's take a long time to get to the point where I could consciously realize what I was doing and stop.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a few, I'm a chronic pen chewer, I literally destroy just about any pen that comes into my possession. Also, I do bite my nails. I guess those are the major two. Only other thing that isn't really a true habit, but it's a bad thing is that I only eat once a day about 90% of the time.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I am a chronic procrastinator. I had to put my bills on auto draft so everything would stay connected. Part of it's ADD, but IDK.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I am a chronic procrastinator.
Oh boy, I feel your pain. I find it horrendously difficult to bring myself to do anything that requires any kind of effort. Talking of which, I have an essay that I really need to get done soon.

Aside from that, I bite my nails and I can get really obsessive about things sometimes.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm the worst procrastinater on earth. I don't even move usually.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Imma precrastinator, meaning I like to do everything early and fast so i can then be lazy

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Biting my nails I guess, although I find that to be of practical use as I don't have to cut them. :D

Pen chewing definitely! I never buy expensive pens because they get destroyed. I'll gnaw on just about anything.
Although I d have one nice pen that has a metal bit so I'm not tempted.
It's bad if it's somebody else's pen.

Tapping.
I tap a lot.
I don't even have to be nervous.
But being nervous does tend to affect it.

*Tap-tap-tap*

People don't like it. But I do!
I like it when somebody else taps, and we sync up. Or our tunes compliment each others'.

Biting off dead skin.
And eating it.

Drinking my blood when I bled.
I don't want a net loss!

Licking things when I'm drunk.

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My habits include

Chewing and picking at the skin on my fingers
Putting pens in my mouth...not really chewing them jsut holding them in my teeth...its weird lol
Also not sure if this counts but I flick my cards in hand when i'm playing cards :p

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
This is a bad feeling, seeing some of the bad habits people put up here and realising I have pretty much everyone of them (and just forgot to mention them).

So far we had had nail biting, nose picking and toenail eating (even though I can't bite them). Other people have reminded me to add extreme procrastination, chewing of pretty much anything that doesn't taste bad, tapping (foot or otherwise) etc.

I think this will basically turn into you say bad habits and I realise that I forgot to have them in my list of mine. I never realised I had so many.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
If someone misunderstands me or I mumble my words rather than repeat myself I'll say 'it doesn't matter' or to 'nevermind' even if it's meaningful because I get embarrassed

If I don't want to answer someones question for whatever reason rather than explain why I'll blatantly ignore it until it goes away. This can promptly become awkward

Even though I don't consider myself all that attractive if I pass a mirror I'll stop, tweak my hair or just gander at myself

If I'm in a bar or a restaurant I have issues thinking for myself, usually when I'm nervous or somewhere I'm not familiar with. So long as I'm not the first in line I'll order the same food / drink as the person before me, even if I'm not sure whether I'd like it

Last edited:

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Bad habits, hm, lets see:

- I eat too much chocolate. Drink too much soda.

- I can drink a bottle of wine or a sixpack of beer, if I don't have any pressing obligations, with only the simple hedonistic pleasure of getting drunk. (Happens very rare now a days.)

- Up until each payday I maintain the principle that I'm going to be conservative with my economic ussage the following month. When I get paid though, all hopes are shot to hell.

- I'm overly fixated about the lenght of my fingernails. I tend to cut them too short, which in turn aches after awhile.

- I hold a grudge until the extreme.

(Often I let these thoughts ruin my day by letting violent scenarios unfold in my head.)

- I'm prone to move my head up and down in the motion of a headbang whenever music I like comes on, usually without me noticing it.

(I'll tell you, it doesn't look quite as endearing as it sounds when I'm behind the wheel of a moving car. Those poor pedestrians must think I'm utterly unconcentrated. ...which I am, by the way.)

Licking things when I'm drunk.
That made me giggle. :detective1:

(I'm with you on the preservation of ones blood though.)

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I love to sing in the shower. I love belting out my favourite tunes while showering, much to the annoyance of everyone else is my house. Mind you, I am kind of constantly singing, so I guess its not surprise that I sing in the shower. The thing is, you feel like you are so alone in the bathroom, but really everyone nearby can hear you.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I have many:

Biting Nails

Gnawing my arm and hands

Chewing whatever I can get my hands on

Singing outloud when I dont mean to, or in the shower

sticking my tongue out when I'm like trying to figure something out

biting my cheeks, tongue and lips (it hurts man)

drawing on my binders, worksheets, textbooks, basically anything

I also have a habit of breaking stuff like mirrors and bed frames >.<

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Like just about everyone else, biting nails. If I could get them to my mouth I would bite my toenails to, but I just settle for picking them when they're big enough.

Sucking and checking anything really... when I'm stressed out I'll sometimes bite my hands really hard.

Nose picking... it's eww, but it feels so good.

Tapping on things, with my hands or feet. Or just shaking my leg, and vibrating everything in the room.

Playing or fiddling with anything I'm holding... If I have something in my hands for more than a minute I will almost certainly be throwing it in the air and trying to catch it or spinning it around.

Playing with scissors. I don't do it so much now, but I get this weird satisfaction from cutting things up into little bits. One time I was bored so I cut through the wire for some random Christmas lights. My mum went mental and thought I was trying to electrocute myself.

Drawing or doodling all over anything I'm writing. But I can't draw, so it turns out to be a scribble.

Shodai said:
If someone misunderstands me or I mumble my words rather than repeat myself I'll say 'it doesn't matter' or to 'nevermind' even if it's meaningful because I get embarrassed

If I don't want to answer someones question for whatever reason rather than explain why I'll blatantly ignore it until it goes away. This can promptly become awkward

That's all I can think of at the moment. The thing is, I'm not sure I'd classify them as bad habits, because I really don't care about any of them, and don't consider them particularly bad things to do!

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Biting nails and surrounding skin.
Switching from English to Sign language with out my knowledge
Waking DF at night tactile signing in my sleep (after any deaf-blind event)
Procrastination
Worrying

Is it just me or is there a very large Oral Fixation theme going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.