BabyKins Onesie--Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
Hey, I'm planning on getting a onesie and am most interested in those at BabyKins (specifically this one: Babykins: KINS Original Lap Neck Onezie T-Shirt--yay, baby blue with lap shoulders). Has anyone gotten a onesie from this company? How is it--fabric softness, comfort, fit, durability, etc? I'm especially interested in fit; do they run small or shrink when washed? Is the crotch length too long or short?

(Yes, I've e-mailed the company about this--I'm asking 'cuz I'm interested in personal experiences)

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Although I don't personally own any of their products I did have the opportunity to try their 'onesie' a few years back...make sure you measure your torso length (shoulder to crotch and back to shoulder) and ask them about THAT when you're asking them questions.

The ones I tried were all miles too long for me...but then I think they cater primarily to males who have naturally longer torsos....not to mention that I have a shorter torso length due to scoliosis.

The fabric wasn't bad...not as good as a high quality t-shirt...but it was cotton (which could very well shrink!) and their prices aren't too bad.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
I'm not much for the lap shoulders personally, they get stretched andcfall over your shoulders plus you almost have to wear somethin over it without funny looks, at least the t shirt ones Can be worn with pants only

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Although I don't personally own any of their products I did have the opportunity to try their 'onesie' a few years back...make sure you measure your torso length (shoulder to crotch and back to shoulder) and ask them about THAT when you're asking them questions.
Great advice, Ayanna; I'll definitely ask that. I have a rather short torso (I think), so that's what I'm most concerned about--I just didn't know if there was a standardized method to measure a torso.

I'm not much for the lap shoulders personally, they get stretched andcfall over your shoulders plus you almost have to wear somethin over it without funny looks, at least the t shirt ones Can be worn with pants only
LOL, yeah, I don't plan on wearing the lap shoulders outside of my apartment... I just needed some cooler pj's with summer coming, and thought these would be great. Do the lap shoulders stretch out permanently, or do they return to their original size after washing/drying?

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I had something like that, but from a different company. Be very careful selecting sizes, my first one was a little large so i just use it for my thicker cloth diapers. They dont stretch permenantly but if they are a little small on your body then they might stretch a bit just to fit. The clothing is a little thinner than i expected, but they still are great.

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I've been looking at this one for a while, let me know what you think as this is prob the one I'll get as soon as I get around to it.

Role
Adult Baby
I have purchased KINS diapers and plastic pants... regular and bloomers. I haven't had any problems with them and highly recomend the brand. I will likely buy more of their diapers and panties in the future.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
I buy a lot from them. Usually more for their diaper things...They're really good, and they've shipped discreetly every time without my requesting it. They generally will label things just "KINS" .... They just closed up for the summer though...I found that out in the mail they sent me. That's the only time I ever got anything from them though...But it had a special in it on Tena mesh pants or something...**shrug** Either way, they are pretty good as a company. They make all of their adult stuff after their baby lines. And DPF actually gets their diapers from them. (I think it was the "baby heaven" ones) I got them and loved them of course. As for onesies...they ran big for me. I suggest you send your mesurements too, like someone else said. I really liked their mattress covers when I had them for my smaller bed before...It was cloth on all sides and ends and just plastic in the middle where you need it, in a perfect spot to put a mattress pad or something absorbant in it. That actually made it pretty discreet for what was there. Although that's kind of off topic, I'm just saying they have good quality stuff there.

baby_jakey

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have personaly not ever tried a onseie even though I want to. The one you like does look cute though!

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would suggest getting the onesie from Amazon. It's realitivly cheap and fits awsome

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Thank you for the info; I'm glad to hear another person say BabyKINS stuff is quality.

However, this kinda worries me:

They just closed up for the summer though...I found that out in the mail they sent me.
How does a company just close up for the summer? :confused: And could that be why it is taking so long to get my order (I placed it 2-3 weeks ago and it's still not here)? I e-mailed them a few times just before placing my order and their responses were very speedy and did not allude to them temporarily 'closing up shop.' I s'pose I'll send another e-mail if nothing arrives this week... :dunno:

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
I've been looking at this one for a while, let me know what you think as this is prob the one I'll get as soon as I get around to it.
Hey, I finally got my onesies today (BabyKINS is actually based in Canada and I'm in the U.S., so I suppose slow shipping can be excused). They really are first quality, very well-made. The finishing on the seams is definitely professional and, heck, I sew and know a bit about what a quality job looks like--these are impressive.

The material is a ribbed cotton/polyester mix that quite soft and also surprisingly thick (maybe a little warm for very hot summer days). They're definitely not going to wear thin any time soon. Incidentally, I prefer the T-shirt style over the lap-shoulder style because of this--two layers of this thick material on my shoulders is a bit much, at least in the summer. And on a kinda silly, but nice, note is that the snaps are of the same type (though a bit larger) that I remember on my onesies when I actually fit into the little kid ones waay back when.

However, the onesies are a few inches too long for me and sag below my diaper, even though the size small is for people 5'4" to 5'6" (I'm exactly 5'4"). I gave my measurements to the BabyKINS customer service rep (and, from what I gather, the woman who does alterations) and she recommended the size small, so... I'll be calling tomorrow to see if these will shrink up some or if I should send them back in for alterations.

But yeah, if you're taller than I am, I wholeheartedly recommend the BabyKINS onesies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Kins good

The Kins onsie is pretty thick material and should survive many washings. Mine is still holding up pretty good after 3 years. The neck part of the shirt fits a little different than a Haines T-shirt and seems kind of awkward under another shirt.

The onsie on Amazon is made by Gabby. It fits better than the Kins, but after two or three washes I am seeing where the stitching is coming loose in places. It fits like a regular t-shirt and works well under regular clothes. Cheaper than Kins, but not tailor made to your size either.

Anyone ever try those polo onsies that are being sold out of the UK on eBay?

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Just found my BK Onesie again and tried it on. One notable difference that I forgot about was the sides go down further on the BK. As the day progresses a shirt may stretch. On the Amazon one the leg holes on the side then pull out above my pant line. BK stays down below the belt line all day long.

BabyKins Onesies are the best probably because they are tailor made. Still the Amazon onesie is pretty decent.

Starchild

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have 2 Babykins onsies, one is blue and the other is yellow, the fabric is good, the fit isnt great its to long in the crotch so kind of defeats the object of keeping my nappy snug and secure! but it does help keep it hidden! im sure if i had measured myself better they would fit better

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I have two onesies from them; one regular and one with longer legs, and I like them, but i like a onesie that covers all the way down to the leg openings. The leg opening on the regular one has gaps on the sides where diapers are visible

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've bought from these before: Easy Access Products and clothing for People with Special care needs, physically handicapped and disabled

It was a long time ago, but back then the onesies had a good covering around the seat and sides. They also do ones with legs (rompers).

No idea what the ones they do now are like though.

Note that I usually buy the kids sizes. They typically go to mid-teen ages in disability sites, and the fit is far better for me (I'm 5'7" and small build). A bonus of sites like these is they design the garments for hard wear use and they should withstand some serious washing. Also can be cheaper than some AB sites.

Would like some from here as they do some with cute prints even in teen sizes: Welcome to speciallyforyou.net

Problem is they have no online ordering, which I'd much prefer.

Other than that, for UK buyers, I get some from here: clothing for adults and children with disabilities

Again I buy the kids ones for a better fit. More open at the leg sides, but really comfortable material, lots of nice colours, cheap, and they have the baby style overlap opening at the top.

donnyba

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
onesies

I bought one from them some years ago. and though it fit well after a few washings it started to pill., you know those little balls that seem to grow on the fabric. I gess that is a problem when machine washing peer cotton.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
i got a large one from them years ago, it seemed to be a bit too generous at the crotch, while i was looking for support, i am currently using Abena bodystockings, XPmedical sells them. i am actually trying to find some that Abena produces that have legs and arms, i never liked the A shirt look.

Status
Not open for further replies.