Babykins adult cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCanuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone try them? They look very good quality, biut I'm not sure how well they perform (or how easy they are to wash; haven't been in cloth since I was a real baby :smile: )

Cheers,
Kevin

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I like em, for cloth. I have a couple of velcro and pull on diapers, and I think the velcro diapers are easier to use. The inserts are a good thing to have also.

CrazyCanuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Awesome, thanks! They look like such a good quality product, I really wanna try them :smile:

Kevin

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Your welcome, just don't forget the waterproof pants to go on top!

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have been using the Babykins pull on cloth diapers and the Velcro for a few years now and they are great. I also love the terry lined plastic pants(vinyl) too. Babykins are a bit on the pricey side but are well worth your money. Good luck in your choice ,and with Babykins I don't think you can go wrong.:twocents:

CrazyCanuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks! They are a tad on the pricey side, too bad I can only afford to buy a few pairs :sad:

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I have two pairs of their all-in-ones. I don't advise all-in-ones, but the cloth and the plastic pants that they are made out of are both very good. I definitely recommend these.

diaperbobby

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use the Kins adult diapers (pull-on) for bedwetting. I also have 2 pair of the all-in-one pants. I like the all-in-one pants, but the diaper pants plus plastic pants over the diapers work better. I think they are high quality, but a bit expensive--but worth the price. I do like the soft feel of the pants too.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've never used the Babykins, but I do have a bunch of flannel prefolds that I use and love. But I REALLY want to try the Angel Fluff "Ultimate" contour with elastic leg gathers and velcro fasteners. I have the prefolds with velcro and they are great! No dicking around with pins. Besides, mine always seem to pop open.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Babykins are pretty much the only cloth diapers I wear. I have over a dozen, almost all prints. I wear the thicker prefold at night and I have a bunch of their cloth inserts also. I also have some they made for me that are a little smaller for daytime use. Highly recommend them.
Spaz

Role
  1. Incontinent
I've never tried theirs, only because I found another source for them first, but I've been curious about how well made they are, if they are as good as the ones that you can get from Adult Cloth Diaper Co.. If you don't mind my asking Spaz, what did one of their night weight prefolds cost? I've been using an extra large size as they seem to fit the best after everything stops shrinking.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've heard good things about Babykins, though I use night time pre-folds from the Altogether Diaper Co., and have been happy with those. I like to pin them on as it's more babyish.

pppantz

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'd also like to suggest that you try the Snap-EZ4life pocket diapers. They are well made and fun to wear and you don't need plastic pants with them (although I like plastic pants sometimes too).

ComcoPants

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have not tried them, but I have tried the pull-on cloth diapers from llmedico.com
They are very soft and comfortable.
I wear these underneath my comco plastic pants.
I was able to get the ones with prints. It seems like they will only have
white in the future.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I grew up wearing pinned classic Curity flat gauze 21x40 cloth diapers. As an adult I tried to accept cotton flannel diapers. Friends gave me several styles made by Edley and also from Babykins, the firm that pioneered Velcro fastening diapers. Because Edley and Babykins use flannel I never enjoyed them. I also have always had sources for the kind of gauze diapers I like.

Over the years I have purchased a lot of vinyl pants from Babykins. These are of very high quality at fair price. Babykins customer service is outstanding.

So, if you do like flannel diapers, then seriously consider Babykins as a vendor.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
If you don't mind my asking Spaz, what did one of their night weight prefolds cost?

Ricky,
The medium is $24 and the large is $26. I add two of their stuffers to these at night. After washing they become very soft. I have a couple of them going on 3 years of regular use and I see they are just starting to tear a little.
Spaz

babyboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I love baby kins, good people, and if you have questions you can call in, the lady that answers the phone is very nice and present, and has a pleasant voice to hear too, I have have ordered a lot of diapers from them and platic pants, some of my older ones are over 2 years old (diapers and plastic pants) So they make a quality diaper.

Oh when you get them and wear the for the first time, here is a lesson I learned, you do have to tuck the plastic pants in, you can not just pull them up, you have to make sure the elastic around the legs and waste is tucked into the diaper. A cloth diaper does need a little bit of time to drink up the pee, and if you don't tuck in the plastic pants you WILL leak, if you do tuck the plastic pants in you probably will not leak even on the 6th wetting.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Although gauze diapers wick-up large wetting slightly faster than does the cotton flannel used by Babykins it still works best to tuck the excess plastic into the diaper.

It is really important to buy waterproof pants that are large enough they have enough excess material to tuck in.

I change my cloth diapers during the night, so each day I wear 3 or 4 of my Kins vinyl pants. I was them once I get up in the morning, drying them away from heat on plastic hangers. Those pants last me over a year.

The women at Babykins are very nice. Now that their on-line order system works well I seldom need to talk to them, but for years I placed my orders with Babykins by phone. Every shipment has been discreet and on schedule.

Role
  1. Incontinent
Ricky,
The medium is $24 and the large is $26. I add two of their stuffers to these at night. After washing they become very soft. I have a couple of them going on 3 years of regular use and I see they are just starting to tear a little.
Spaz

Thanks Spaz. I guess they are priced almost the same as the ones from ACD. And I've got several of them that are over 2 years old now too. I guess it's just a matter of preference as to where you get them, they are all pretty much the same.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I guess it's just a matter of preference as to where you get them, they are all pretty much the same.

True, true. but...if you like babyish prints, then you can't beat KINS. I have some pretty good print diapers from them. Speaking of which, I don't believe I have ever seen prints on gauze or Birdseye diapers. Do they exist? Maybe Angela would know?
Spaz

Status
Not open for further replies.