littlekyro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
guys I wanna start writing babyfur and diaper fur novels (also ABDL novels I have a thread for that) and I was wondering if any of you guys have ideas

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexCroft
Based on what I've seen from you before, your major deficiencies as a writer aren't in the realm of character and plot. Instead, I think your first step needs to be more broadly educating yourself and working your compositional skills. If you were a college student, I'd suggest at least taking a few 100 or lower level courses from each department. And taking at least two full-term composition classes.

As example, your post should have been "Guys, I wanna start writing babyfur and diaperfur novels (also ABDL novels; I have a thread for that). I was wondering if you guys have any ideas?"

Reactions: irnub and Trevor
Yeah, work on the mechanics of writing and read a lot. Concentrate on reading better-written literature if you can. There is a lot of stories that I run into online that are ruined by poor writing and if that is all you read, it can teach you bad habits. A good part of being a writer is to be a reader.

Practice does help.

Traemo said:
Based on what I've seen from you before, your major deficiencies as a writer aren't in the realm of character and plot. Instead, I think your first step needs to be more broadly educating yourself and working your compositional skills. If you were a college student, I'd suggest at least taking a few 100 or lower level courses from each department. And taking at least two full-term composition classes.

As example, your post should have been "Guys, I wanna start writing babyfur and diaperfur novels (also ABDL novels; I have a thread for that). I was wondering if you guys have any ideas?"
ok first of all i'm not deficant in skill I use a specific writing style and for the trheard I use quick form I don't use my full skill for writing a idea down, I save it for my novilia

I have a self imposed rule where every so often, I read a novel that has won a Pulitzer prize. The down side is that it becomes immediately apparent that they write better than I do. Hopefully I learn something from them however. When I read a professionally written story, I enjoy the story but I'm also picking it apart to observe how it's written. You can learn a lot by doing that. I also took a college creative writing course this winter and that was very helpful. There's so much going on when one is writing a story because there are standard mechanics one should adhere to. It just like writing a song: verse 1, verse 2, chorus, verse 3, chorus, bridge, chorus and chorus. Songs don't just happen and neither do stories, not good ones anyway.

dogboy said:
I have a self imposed rule where every so often, I read a novel that has won a Pulitzer prize. The down side is that it becomes immediately apparent that they write better than I do. Hopefully I learn something from them however. When I read a professionally written story, I enjoy the story but I'm also picking it apart to observe how it's written. You can learn a lot by doing that. I also took a college creative writing course this winter and that was very helpful. There's so much going on when one is writing a story because there are standard mechanics one should adhere to. It just like writing a song: verse 1, verse 2, chorus, verse 3, chorus, bridge, chorus and chorus. Songs don't just happen and neither do stories, not good ones anyway.
well my first story I've got on the books is about my fursona, Kyro, he's 7 years old but looks more like he's 4 because of his small size and he is the poster cub for anthro rights and he is diapered for public events but this leads him to to un-potty-training resulting in him needing diapers and because of the circumstances of his adoption, the fact he had no cubhood or kittenhood he develops a babyish side also

littlekyro said:
ok first of all i'm not deficant in skill I use a specific writing style and for the trheard I use quick form I don't use my full skill for writing a idea down, I save it for my novilia
I'm going to beg to differ: even in that short statement there's several basic compositional errors and multiple misspellings. Second, I based my assessment off several different interactions - it was a comment on more than just your ability to put words on page. The question becomes, then, if you're serious about writing, why aren't you taking every chance to practice and hone your skills?

You want to write stories, and I'm all in favor of that. The world needs more authors and creators. You want your work to be well-received; again, all in favor of that. However, writing well is hard work and requires quite a bit of practice, time, and knowledge. From where I sit, you seem quite dismissive of that truism; it feels as though your stance is "I want to write therefore I'm naturally a great writer. If you disagree, clearly you're wrong." Borrowing a bit of advice for writers, "show don't tell" - you disagree with my assessment, don't tell me I'm wrong, show me how I'm wrong.

Also, punctuation really isn't optional; you'll get much better responses if others don't have to stop and puzzle out exactly what it is you meant to convey.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Trevor
littlekyro said:
When I read the story you posted I didn't see any obvious unique or memorable writing style, it just read like every other story. You shouldn't be "saving it" for a novella, you should always be writing well, otherwise you're going to start developing bad habits whether you realize it or not.

Traemo said:
Based on what I've seen from you before, your major deficiencies as a writer aren't in the realm of character and plot. Instead, I think your first step needs to be more broadly educating yourself and working your compositional skills.
I agree that taking classes is definitely useful when wanting to pursue something like this, but I don't agree that @littlekyro doesn't have deficiencies in character (plot, iffy but I won't get into it as it's difficult to judge with such a short story). The characters were all pretty shallow in the story; especially in terms of the kids they didn't seem to have distinct personalities or mannerisms and we received very little imagery associated with them (how they looked, composed themselves, etc.) except for a bit at the very beginning. (I also found there was very little imagery with the setting)

littlekyro said:
well my first story I've got on the books is about my fursona, Kyro, he's 7 years old but looks more like he's 4 because of his small size and he is the poster cub for anthro rights and he is diapered for public events but this leads him to to un-potty-training resulting in him needing diapers and because of the circumstances of his adoption, the fact he had no cubhood or kittenhood he develops a babyish side also
What do you mean "on the books". Like you've started it? Finished it? Or is this just an idea (and if so a pretty typical character in a pretty typical situation for ABDL lit. isn't much of a premise)

Littlekyro, I did read your story and it was okay. You might consider the basic structure of a story. What many of the "soft" AB stories lack is conflict. I realize that that type of story wants the protagonist to experience love and tenderness but the story form has a standard structure of rising action and conflict. Without conflict, there really is no story. My stories have lots of conflict because I write in the scary genre. But when I was writing my novel, I had to make myself write my characters into situations that created conflict. The hardest is making friends have conflict if you're are attached to your characters.

I have attachment issues anyway because I'm somewhat Borderline and it's something I've discussed with my therapist. All people have conflicts, even if they're teens in diapers wanting to be nurtured. Each story should have a starting point and someplace where it's going to land at the finish. Your characters should be changed in some important way, changed because of the action in the story. This is just something to think about. Check out my two Kerry recommended stories in our story section and you'll see what I mean.

I see that knee-jerk reaction of "there's nothing wrong with my writing!" and that is something that will work against you. I gave advice that was meant to be helpful, not hurtful. As a writer, you need to have a somewhat thick skin with it comes to criticism. I've been to writer's workshops before and if they are any good, they will not hold back. However they do give great advice to help you hone your submitted story.

I have taken my share of hard criticism of stuff I have written but I tried to learn from that and use this information to make me a better writer. I may not agree with some criticisms, but I still at least listen. I know that I'm not some godly writer who spits out perfectly-written stories. So please just listen and see if there is anything in the advice that you will find to be helpful. We all have plenty of room for improvement.

Topex said:
What do you mean "on the books". Like you've started it? Finished it? Or is this just an idea (and if so a pretty typical character in a pretty typical situation for ABDL lit. isn't much of a premise)
Kyro's life isn't a book yet its something I've been dabbling in as a story, I am planning out the story's lore and such

Back