MatalicPebble

Lily Fathom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I have somewhat recently started writing something on Fet life. Before a family member passed away I was going to post the first edit. I will explain more of that in an update on my "Diaper Training," blog. This is the question.

How realistic should art be for things like diaper changes and those innocent moments of no cloths?

A lot of you are probably thinking "Fur." That is what its for. In the pony fandom there is a tuft of fur where those normal parts are. However, I have gotten to thinking about illustrating vulnerability. In figure drawing this idea of nudity is suppose to illustrate vulnerability or very strong emotions in general. Even sorrow is a strong emotion when a figure is posed without cloths. So, if artist of the past took a great deal of consideration to the human figure then why not fur covered characters? Mind you this takes a great deal of careful consideration due to our cultures negativ stigmas.

My take on it is more practical then a release of emotions. If you read my piece "Raining on the Inside," you will probably have noticed. If not I will post it here soon in the story section. I really want art to go with it. Hints the question. My first initial thought is to try and hint at shapes of these body parts, but to do so without drawing too much attention to it from the veiwers perspective. Via the 3 qourters of a page and other types of perspective to make the over all realease of depression and anxiety be replaced by the feeling of safety and child like love. This is really what I want to illustrate in my artwork and is the whole reason I am going such far lenghs to learn human figure drawing.

I would stop reading a comic if I saw that but that's my opinion.

MatalicPebble said:
I have somewhat recently started writing something on Fet life. Before a family member passed away I was going to post the first edit. I will explain more of that in an update on my "Diaper Training," blog. This is the question.

How realistic should art be for things like diaper changes and those innocent moments of no cloths?

A lot of you are probably thinking "Fur." That is what its for. In the pony fandom there is a tuft of fur where those normal parts are. However, I have gotten to thinking about illustrating vulnerability. In figure drawing this idea of nudity is suppose to illustrate vulnerability or very strong emotions in general. Even sorrow is a strong emotion when a figure is posed without cloths. So, if artist of the past took a great deal of consideration to the human figure then why not fur covered characters? Mind you this takes a great deal of careful consideration due to our cultures negativ stigmas.

My take on it is more practical then a release of emotions. If you read my piece "Raining on the Inside," you will probably have noticed. If not I will post it here soon in the story section. I really want art to go with it. Hints the question. My first initial thought is to try and hint at shapes of these body parts, but to do so without drawing too much attention to it from the veiwers perspective. Via the 3 qourters of a page and other types of perspective to make the over all realease of depression and anxiety be replaced by the feeling of safety and child like love. This is really what I want to illustrate in my artwork and is the whole reason I am going such far lenghs to learn human figure drawing.
yeah, underage nudity is a big no, no for me. that gets too close to the CP content to which I find very uncomfortable with

Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
MatalicPebble said:

there is definitely a lot of ways to draw nudity to represent vulnerability, without having the eye immediately drawn to it. keeping it low detailed and not the focus of the frame is the most important thing i think. however, i know a lot of people would prefer there to be no intimate parts drawn at all. it's all up to preference i suppose

Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
furbyreg said:
there is definitely a lot of ways to draw nudity to represent vulnerability, without having the eye immediately drawn to it. keeping it low detailed and not the focus of the frame is the most important thing i think. however, i know a lot of people would prefer there to be no intimate parts drawn at all. it's all up to preference i suppose
IMO body language is key for it, like say the character holding their arm just above the elbow and have the shoulders raised as well as a nervous face expression

Last edited:
I find the responses rather kind even though many here don't agree. Mind you this is very encouraging to me because a lot of artist go way too far with it and its not much more then erotica. I probably should give a better example of what I mean. I am sure many of you seen pony art where there is a tuft of fur where you normally would see genitilia. In real life anatomy a dog will have fur around that area and its not exactly noticable. Its a tad bit more pronounced on horse because they are larger then a dog.
So, my aim is to try and go a tad bit further then pony art where they use a simple tuft of fur. Tsitra360's art is a good example of what my aim is. He uses some rather accurate anatomy. Some people mistaken it for being sugestive, but after looking at it a little more closely you will notice there is a different objective in the narration within the image.

MatalicPebble said:

As an artist, you have several options to get the point across and still progress the story. You can draw the scene with the care giver blocking the naughty bits from the readers point of view. You could draw it from the person being changed point of view. You could even have something like a bottle of powder blocking line of sight with those parts.
The point is you don't have to show stuff like that to tell and progress the story you are wanting to tell. To me(and I may be way off but I doubt it), it sounds like you are looking for some level of approval or justification to make artwork that would be considered inappropriate. Let me leave you with this suggestion, if you have to ask if it is too far or inappropriate, then it probably is and you shouldn't do it and post it. I will only speak for myself but if I was reading a story and saw the genitalia of a minor as part of the story, I would stop and not bother to finish. I would assume that it was there for erotic reasons. I would probably go so far as to report it as well.

Reactions: CutieProtector, AJFan2020, furbyreg and 1 other person
I very rarely see underage nudity illustrations, typically that depends on the character and how they are drawn, but I don’t see it often.

I enjoy comics featuring a bit of nudity, however they shouldn’t be vastly inappropriate or exploiting the character. Some clean nudity and harmless vulnerability is quite enjoyable for me and it really makes me happy to continue looking at it.

The comics bring me a sense of enjoyment and I can relate to them even though I never had that experience in my childhood. It just seems like something that could definitely have happened to me but never did, it’s like a dream that I live through in my head.

Last edited:
if you want to convey vulnerability
MatalicPebble said:

don't go with nudity, have the characters in the scene use following these body languages. the babyfur should maybe have either hand rested on their other hand with raised shoulders or hands clasped in front of them, the care giver must be in their personal space and looking down on them, face expressions should be nervous for the babyfur oc while the care giver should be giving them a expression that is intimidating, like they're angry about something as well as having the colour tones being right, and the art should have a specific angle, if the character is naked, that won't give you a vulnerable feel to any art pieces, rather you need the characters to be expressive of it in body language and face expressions, nudity will likely get you slaped with a pedo rumour or even have people accuse you of being one.

body language is the most effective conveyer of the emotional tone you want to set

Last edited:
Reactions: CutieProtector and MatalicPebble
Back