Baby Power/Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Under what circumstances would I use these? I have never used them before so I just want to know.. what to use them for.

Sorry for the weird question... lol....

I just wondered.:educate:

BrattyBaby28

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The only thing I use oil for is massages. :) I use powder because I like the smell/it cuts down on the itch a little when I wear overnight.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
the way i use them is the powder is to help keep you dry from sweat and some moistur if you wet yourself, the oil can help reduce rashes. Tho i don't use the oil much

NobodyImportant

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Baby powder is used to prevent diaper rash, and should generally be used whenever you plan on either using a diaper for its intended purpose, or just staying in it for lengthy periods of time. And as BrattyBaby28 pointed out, it is quite helpful with cutting down on the itching/chafing.

Baby oil, on the other hand, is (barring its various other uses) used to cure diaper rash.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Ok.. cause I never used it before. I knew It is supposed to protect my skin.

Does baby powder prevent crotch rot? ( Because I get crotch rot from my job, sometimes if I am too tired to shower the night after work, then go to work again in the morning.. )

NobodyImportant

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah, it should help. Although if it doesn't, then you may want to switch to something stronger, such as the the Gold Bond medicated powder.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Baby powder will just help keep your skin dry if you plan on using the diaper

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Does baby powder prevent crotch rot?

It can help prevent it, but once you have a rash or fungal issue down there it won't do much. Medicated powders, some of which will say 'for diaper rash' will help. If it's really bad you may need creme :)

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Well personally, if I was to use baby oil I'd put in on just after having a shower or bath. It makes your skin feel really nice and soft.

Whereas powder, I'd put on just before a change. It helps to absorb moisture, and reduces friction.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use powder all the time, and not just when wearing diapers. I'll use it after a shower or bath for a nice fresh smell and feeling. Wearing diapers, the whole area "down there" (back and front) gets powdered. It's what parents do with babies. Reduces smells and helps keeps the skin dry but soft.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I tend to use baby powder to reduce that clamy feel associated with sweating, petroleum jelly or typically A+D ointment to keep moisture off my more sensitive areas. Baby oil I typically use after shaving since ideally the skin should be wet and the oil seals in the moisture, it is also good against rashes.

So if corn oil is made from corn, peanut oil is made from peanuts, then..... D: what is baby oil made from !? :p

Kiani

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
I used to use baby powder all the time! I liked it because of the smell, as well as making me feel comfortable if I did wet a lot. I havent used baby oil, but I do plan to use it soon.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
I use baby powder when I get out of the shower to keep my skin dry and smelling fresh! I actually don't use baby oil for it's intended purpose, however; I use it to remove my eye makeup. It works very well!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I use baby powder when I get out of the shower to keep my skin dry and smelling fresh! I actually don't use baby oil for it's intended purpose, however; I use it to remove my eye makeup. It works very well!

Woa! I'm totally gonna hafta try that!

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Woa! I'm totally gonna hafta try that!

If you do, just a little tip: do it before you take a shower, because sometimes if you use a little too much, it makes the area around the eyes greasy. That way, you can hop in the shower after and wash it off. Baby oil is much easier to wash off than eyeliner and waterproof mascara. ;)

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
If you do, just a little tip: do it before you take a shower, because sometimes if you use a little too much, it makes the area around the eyes greasy. That way, you can hop in the shower after and wash it off. Baby oil is much easier to wash off than eyeliner and waterproof mascara. ;)

Sweet! Thanks for the tips!

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

It's mineral oil, so it stands to reason it's work well for this, plus it's not likely to annoy ones skin at all.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I'd avoid baby oil from the store, most of it has mineral oil as a prime ingedient, nothing like rubbing petroleum byproducts into your crotch eh?

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hehe, Baby Power :rolleyes:. I was briefly reminded of an old Rugrats episode, when they all pretended they were superheroes.

Anyways, I mostly just use powder for anti-chafing purposes. Baby oil is good after shaving, but too much will cause disposables to fall apart while you're wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.