Baby Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisAfterMidnight

I'm a newbie. I've just put powder in my diaper for the first time ever, and it makes a huge difference. Goodness. Any tips/tricks/stories you have about powder?

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Don't breathe it. Use sparingly

woofcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
don't use too much powder in the diaper as it may reduce the rate of absorption. I have found that when changing laying down its better to only put a light sprinkle in the diaper and rub the rest into my skin.
when you are ready to tape up make sure your hands and landing zones for the tape are clear of powder or the tapes may not stick very well.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I prefer to lay my fresh diaper on the floor in front of the cabinet, opened up on the floor, and sprinkle powder directly on my skin and rub it in a bit, with my diaper just below on the (wood) floor to catch most of the powder that falls. It really won't get where it needs to be if I just put it directly on the diaper. Also after taping up I'll usually pull the sides away from my hip an inch or two and spray in a dash of powder on both sides, to keep my sides from getting pimples. (due to all-day contact with the unpadded plastic in the wings)

I use a mix of talc and cornstarch actually. Talc is better overall at keeping skin dry and preventing sweating, but cornstarch is healthier on the skin and damaged or irritated skin doesn't react badly to it like it can with talc.

Kenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I prefer to lay my fresh diaper on the floor in front of the cabinet, opened up on the floor, and sprinkle powder directly on my skin and rub it in a bit, with my diaper just below on the (wood) floor to catch most of the powder that falls.

If you are changing on a rug, just place a flattened kitchen garbage bag underneath the diaper to catch the the dropped powder. With your back flat on the floor, you can curl your stomach muscles to powder your bottom. I do not sprinkle powder on the diaper, only on my skin, and of course I do not breath the dust.

lukethefur

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I actually don't really like/need the use of powder. In particular I don't like the smell if you've peed in it - seems to give off quite a different, stronger odour.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I actually don't really like/need the use of powder. In particular I don't like the smell if you've peed in it - seems to give off quite a different, stronger odour.

Interesting - I've never really noticed anything like that. Though wetness certainly tends to cause powders to cake in places.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I use baby powder all the time but in my regular underwear, not in my diapers. To be fair, I have used powder in my diapers but the vast majority of the time, I don't. No particular reason, I just don't.

Foxroxsox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I love the smell of wet talc. I think it triggers memories of being a baby or something, but the smell alone can relax me.

maybe I'm just weird that way.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
The tactile sensation on my skin and the odor of baby powder is very calming and comforting.
Yes, baby powder does cake-up a bit when mixed with my pee-pee.

babyfoxpup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
don't use too much powder in the diaper as it may reduce the rate of absorption. I have found that when changing laying down its better to only put a light sprinkle in the diaper and rub the rest into my skin.
when you are ready to tape up make sure your hands and landing zones for the tape are clear of powder or the tapes may not stick very well.
i can defenetly back this up. i accidentally used too much one time, and yeah. ended up leaking D:

WABX

Bed wetter.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I too love the smell of Baby powder. It sends me back to younger days.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I too love the smell of Baby powder. It sends me back to younger days.

I like using baby powder for the same reasons. It reminds me of being diapers when I was very young.

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Johnson & Johnson's Medicated with cornstarch and Vit. E. It's the one with the yellow on the front. I love the smell. I've wondered if it causes leaks so I'm trying to cut back, but I tend to put in quite a bit at night. Give me the powder, a diaper, and footed pjs, and I'm in heaven.

LittleICme

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I love the smell and feel, but have cut back on powder use lately.
J&J with Aloe is my favorite.

Cthulhu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm actually "wearing" powder for the first time right now:) I didnt think about putting it in the diaper so i just put it on my skin and evened it out with my hand. I'm still dry so i dont notice a difference yet. I've never worn for as long as i plan to do today, thats why i tried powder. I'm just going to sit in an office for 8 hours today, so i chose an m4. We'll see how long it lasts:)

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I have used powder for years in my pants to help with chafing and heat rash while working outside all day

Status
Not open for further replies.