Baby powder

Owls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hey guys just wanted to get everyones opinion on baby powder!
I love the talc Johnson and Johnson one! But recently it was pulled from usa store due to abspestos contamination concerns and lots of cancer lawsuits.

I have a couple bottles still. Should I be concerned about getting cancer if I still use it? Is there a good alternative that has a similar smell and feel??

Talc is just so soft and keeps me nice and dry especially with megamaxs! Those things last all day!

I bought about 25 bottles when they pulled the product, sure hope the cancer is hype, and lawyer bs....

Owls said:
Hey guys just wanted to get everyones opinion on baby powder!
I love the talc Johnson and Johnson one! But recently it was pulled from usa store due to abspestos contamination concerns and lots of cancer lawsuits.

I have a couple bottles still. Should I be concerned about getting cancer if I still use it? Is there a good alternative that has a similar smell and feel??

Talc is just so soft and keeps me nice and dry especially with megamaxs! Those things last all day!
no, i dont think theres any concrete evidence for it. there's lots of causes when it comes to cancer, you cant just blame baby powder for it.

DanielW said:
Actually, you can
Well I admit I have no knowledge in this topic. but I've been using their powder for a long time, guess imma die soon. good luck to y'all

I don't use it, myself.

It's just that I don't really like the smell or feel of it.

inthedark said:
Well I admit I have no knowledge in this topic. but I've been using their powder for a long time, guess imma die soon. good luck to y'all

Part of the problem is that Talc occurs naturally with asbesdos, so they have to purify it as much as possible. (I don't think they can ever get it down to 0.000% though?) But besides asbesdos, talc itself can cause problems. It's not harmful if swallowed, but it's not good to inhale, and irritates if it gets into the body through say an open wound.

Also, somehow, talc has been finding its way into women's ovaries, that were biopsied and diagnosed with cancer. Nobody has figured out the mechanism for this yet, but the lawyers have played a good game of "guilt by association" - "there's talc here and there's cancer here, jury, draw your own conclusions!"

Personally, I don't own any ovaries, I don't dump talc on open wounds, and I try to avoid breathing it, so I don't seem to be having a problem with it. It works great to keep my skin from suffocating under unpadded plastic, and stops my skin from sweating, which can be a big problem around my legs/diaper. I just have touse it in moderation because it can over-dry my skin. (where necessary, I use cornstarch instead) So I hope it continues to be available. I don't mind if there are "public awareness" campaigns for proven risks, but I do mind when a low-risk/high-benefit thing is forcibly taken away from me "for my own good". Im a big boy and I can make my own decisions. I feel like they're banning cars because of how dangerous it is to be on the road. (oh wait, cars are many times more dangerous than talc! How is it I can have a car but not talc?!!)

Last edited:
Back