Baby-poop bacteria help make healthy sausages

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilCoyote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I saw this news story about making sausage using bacteria obtained from baby poop. Here's the link. I don't think I could bring myself to try some. So, what do you think? Would you try some of that sausage?

FievelandTonyAB93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Please show us the link to the story. And no I would not want to try sausage made out of poo.

LilCoyote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Yes, can't believe they would be doing this to begin with and then sampling the results.

BigKid25

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
This is one of those cases where ignorance is bliss... Ugh

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Damn! I just spit my soda all over my computer reading the opening thread! Leave it to Fox News to come up with this stuff, though they should be experts on poop.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Who knows what they put in sausages anyway? They're like hot dogs with meat by products in them.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd eat it if it had health benefits. The article says the sausage doesn't contain any poop. It only contains one strain of bacteria that was isolated and cultured from the poop. The reason it's baby poop is because it is easier to obtain and has higher concentrations of the desired bacteria than adult poop. It sounds disgusting but it really isn't in reality. Probiotic yogurt is essentially the exact same thing.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
honestly have you ever worked a farm? every vegtable in america was grown in a field full of farm animal droppings and i dont see you complaining there. so who cares what they use in the process as long as its safe to eat and has significant health benifits over other methods.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
This is one of those instances where it would be better that you don't know what is in your food.

Status
Not open for further replies.