Baby-Pants traning pants sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantshrimps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have a Baby-pants onesie in a size small, and it's a bit too big on me - I'll be trying the extra small next, even though I'm on the upward end of their measurements. The small was super stretchy and didn't shrink much when I washed it, so it's too big around my legs and in the length.

I'm looking at getting the training pants, but I'm confused about what size I should wear. My waist was 34, but if I move the tape up a couple inches on my torso (I'm guessing the training pants sit higher up, not low on my hips), I get 32. Around my leg is 24. I'm torn between getting a small and a medium - the medium seems more in line with my measurements, but the fabric STRETCHES so maybe a small would be better? Help?

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
...but the fabric STRETCHES so maybe a small would be better? Help?

Nooooooooo. Not with these! The fabric does not stretch -- not very much, anyway. That is why there are so many sizes. The sizing is critical. My recommendation would be to look at the size chart, then go a size larger. When I ordered my first pair of these, I was dumb, and didn't account for shrinkage. They fit beautifully right out of the box, but lost almost a whole size in just the first wash, and after that there was no putting them on. I ended up ordering a size larger than what the size chart indicated, and that worked out fine.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Baby training pant supposed to be not so tite that so toddler can get them down easy if not may have accident little ones some times need to get them fast :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wear 32" pants (waist) and I find the medium size to fit me well. The earlier ones they sold rode short on me, but the ones I bought most recently are cut a little higher. I really like them.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Hm, good points. So with those measurements, would you suggest a medium?
No have yet to get my first pair learning as you are.
I just have knowledge on how you pick for a toddler.
I would try med some say they shrink just to be safe my guess.

giantshrimps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I wear 32" pants (waist) and I find the medium size to fit me well. The earlier ones they sold rode short on me, but the ones I bought most recently are cut a little higher. I really like them.

Thank you. Where on your body do you measure for these? My jeans tend to sit lower on my hips, but if the training pants sit higher, then I measure 32", so a medium should work?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I measure at the belt line, but I realize that may be flexible considering people wear pants differently. The belt line should be right above the hip bones where they stick out. I stood up and checked, and I think this is correct.

giantshrimps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I measure at the belt line, but I realize that may be flexible considering people wear pants differently. The belt line should be right above the hip bones where they stick out. I stood up and checked, and I think this is correct.

Oh, so about where I measure 32. Great, I think I'll try the mediums. If they seem like they'll be too small if they shrink, I'll dry them with no heat. Thank you for the help!

babylock1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Remember the critical measurement - the HIPS.
Anything that is PULL-ON by nature has to be able to pass over the HIPS to rest at a waist line.
Now add the diapers to the HIP component to get the answer to what fits at the waist !
I.E. waist = 36 inches - Hips = 40 (add 2 inches diaper padding) now = 42
So now order your diapers to have at least a 42 inch waist.
Normally after pulling your diapers and cover on over the 42 inch hips there will be enough elastic
to shrink down to your waist. For men not so critical as mens waist to hip ratio is generally less than
4 inches - for women (think hour glass) and the ratio is greater by 6 or more inches.

Experimenting around with a first set of expendable diapers is one good way of determining your needs !

giantshrimps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Remember the critical measurement - the HIPS.
Anything that is PULL-ON by nature has to be able to pass over the HIPS to rest at a waist line.
Now add the diapers to the HIP component to get the answer to what fits at the waist !
I.E. waist = 36 inches - Hips = 40 (add 2 inches diaper padding) now = 42
So now order your diapers to have at least a 42 inch waist.
Normally after pulling your diapers and cover on over the 42 inch hips there will be enough elastic
to shrink down to your waist. For men not so critical as mens waist to hip ratio is generally less than
4 inches - for women (think hour glass) and the ratio is greater by 6 or more inches.

Experimenting around with a first set of expendable diapers is one good way of determining your needs !

That's a good point! But I won't be wearing them over diapers, I'll just be using them to get that nice, comfy padded feeling. I think a medium will work, but thank you for the input!

giantshrimps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
They arrived today and the mediums fit perfectly! The training pants are SO amazing, thank you to everyone for the help.

Avalanche

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Your experience with Baby Pants training pants and onesie sizes?

Hello all. I'm replying to an older thread, but it seems there are some people here with experience with Baby Pants training pants and onesie sizes. I'm planning to order both and after doing some research I'm a bit confused with the sizes.

With waist about 35 and based on Baby Pants official size tables I would be between medium and large for training pants and middle (closer to its upper end) for onesie. But after reading about other people's experience here and in Amazon reviews, I see the onesies are more on the larger side, so ordering one size down is probably a good idea. With the pants this is not the case.

So my conclusion at the moment is to order small size onesie and large (LG) size pants, which is a bit strange. What do you (who have bought and used these things) think?

My recommendation would be to look at the size chart, then go a size larger. When I ordered my first pair of these, I was dumb, and didn't account for shrinkage. They fit beautifully right out of the box, but lost almost a whole size in just the first wash, and after that there was no putting them on. I ended up ordering a size larger than what the size chart indicated, and that worked out fine.

Cottontail: I will go with your recommendation. When in between two sizes I think it's safer to try the bigger size first, because you can always wear them with diapers if they're too big, but if they're too small they are useless. (My default intention is to wear them mostly without diapers).

dogboy: Medium for a 32 waist sounds like large will be ok for 35 waist. It's good to see that they seem to work on addressing customers feedback. I remember making them higher was a suggestion in the older Amazon reviews. At the same time, it makes me wonder if the older reviews on the onesies (being bigger than size indicates) still apply or if the sizes have been changed.

I have a Baby-pants onesie in a size small, and it's a bit too big on me...

It seems they still do apply.

My waist was 34, but if I move the tape up a couple inches on my torso (I'm guessing the training pants sit higher up, not low on my hips), I get 32. Around my leg is 24.

They arrived today and the mediums fit perfectly! The training pants are SO amazing, thank you to everyone for the help.

giantshrimps: How are your training pants after a few weeks? Still ok after washing and shrinking?

PS: I'm new here and yet to post my intro. One thing I can say about myself is that I'm the kind of person who tends to overanalyze everything, including baby pants :)

Status
Not open for further replies.