baby paci's and adult paci's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
So i have a pacifier, but it is one i got from a grocery store, anyhow. I've noticed that when I suck on it through the night it feels like it is pushing my teeth forward, which i suppose would do some damage if i kept at it consistently. Do adult paci's not have this problem, or is the fact that there is an object between your teeth just settle as a problem for the teeth. I would think that the adult paci's would be made for people who might have teeth. Are they easier on your teeth in any way?

Rockie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Other
The Adult Pacis appear to have the same forms as the baby ones, so I would guess that they push your teeth just as much as the little ones do. If you have a retainer, though, I wouldn't be concerned. Orthodontists reccomend that you wear one at night for the rest of your life to keep your teeth straight, and a retainer would nightly correct/mitigate any damaged caused by a paci, whatever its size.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
Yeah, i don't have a retainer, maybe i should just not use my paci too much

KitsBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I've noticed that when I suck on it through the night it feels like it is pushing my teeth forward, which i suppose would do some damage if i kept at it consistently. Do adult paci's not have this problem, or is the fact that there is an object between your teeth just settle as a problem for the teeth.
The biggest problem I've experienced with baby pacis is that the stem between the bulb and shield is too short. I think this is what you're experiencing when you say it "feels like it's pushing your teeth forward". The adult pacis have a longer stem and allow more space for your gums and teeth between the bulb and shield. So, adult pacis are more comfortable.

However, I think it's natural for people to grind their teeth a bit in their sleep. It's how your body aligns your bite. A paci between your teeth will probably interfere with this.

I am not sure about the damage a paci would cause. Dentists discourage pacis in children who are developing teeth. So, I think it's fair to say that it could cause damage. But I wouldn't worry too much about that unless it makes you feel sore or you notice it causing some other problem.

AnnBabygurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Other
I have an adult paci and 2 baby pacis and i think the baby ones are too small because the paci is too small for the mouth. the baby ones are made to contour to the baby's mouth so naturally our mouth is too big and the adult ones are made to contour to our mouths so a baby one can't be sucked on properly where as you can an adult so the baby ones can push your teeth outward and give you an over bite over time. personally i would only suck my adult one and i save my baby ones for when i really feel the need to teeth and bite on it like a baby would cause sometimes that calms me

crinklyjas

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Pacis are probably not so great for your teeth, when I sleep with one in (nuk 5) my teeth feel different. For me
At least, I find Pacis are kinda addictive. After I have had one in for a night I want to keep using it as taking it out feels wired. I also find chewing a baby chew toy super soothing.

Layne0033

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I actually sleep with a Nuk 5 every night to prevent grinding my teeth which is caused by the high dosage of Vyvanse that I have to take. If I dont use it I wake up with hurting teeth and jaws.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
The biggest problem I've experienced with baby pacis is that the stem between the bulb and shield is too short. I think this is what you're experiencing when you say it "feels like it's pushing your teeth forward". The adult pacis have a longer stem and allow more space for your gums and teeth between the bulb and shield. So, adult pacis are more comfortable.
That makes sense, i think that might be half of the solution right there.

happydl

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If I sleep with a paci in, I've noticed a slight difference as well. I wouldn't recommend doing it every night. I don't sleep with paci's all that often so I haven't noticed any long term effects but I would imagine that it could shift your teeth after a period of time.

StlBabyPaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Carer
Pacis will mess up your teeth but i cannot sleep without mine in my mouth cause it makes me feel more like a baby and helps me sleep better :)

nappiboy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Man go the nuk 5. It took me time to get one but know I love it. only thing is I hardly get to use it. :sad:

AnnBabygurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Other
Because I don't want to upset people by freaking them out seeing me with my paci in. Thanks for asking.
i am so very sorry, i didn't mean to upset you if i did. that was not my intention. sometimes i can be an air head but i am trying to not to be. i am sorry. i wasn't thinking when i asked. i need to remember that not everyone is like me. i have told all those that are close to me even my friends because of the way my mama raised me. the way i see it, if they truly case about me then it won't matter. also my mama taught me to never care what others think of of because it the long run it really doesn't matter so i tend to not care anymore what others think of me and i tend to tell those i love about myself and interests but i didn't think about the fact not everyone is like that (thats the air head in me which is rare). i am truly sorry.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Because I don't want to upset people by freaking them out seeing me with my paci in. Thanks for asking.
i think my other post disappeared when i tried to fix the spelling on my phone. anyway what i said was i am sorry if i upset you that was not my intention. it was one of those rare times i asked before thinking. i'm very sorry :(

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Oh it showed up but i can't delete it using my phone sorry for the 3 posts!

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i am so very sorry, i didn't mean to upset you if i did.
Your question was hardly inflammatory imo. It'd be like asking someone "How can you not like peanut butter???" If insult is taken over that, there's no much point in worrying about it :)

I have found that both the adult trainer and the baby pacifier will put some pressure on the teeth, though for me, the baby pacifier is a worse offender in that regard.

I sleep with one almost nightly (for several years) unless I'm congested or suffering from severe reflux, and it has not shifted my teeth that I've noticed. YMMV though.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
Well, that is hopeful, knowing that you haven't seen any damage.

nappiboy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i am so very sorry, i didn't mean to upset you if i did. that was not my intention. sometimes i can be an air head but i am trying to not to be. i am sorry. i wasn't thinking when i asked. i need to remember that not everyone is like me. i have told all those that are close to me even my friends because of the way my mama raised me. the way i see it, if they truly case about me then it won't matter. also my mama taught me to never care what others think of of because it the long run it really doesn't matter so i tend to not care anymore what others think of me and i tend to tell those i love about myself and interests but i didn't think about the fact not everyone is like that (thats the air head in me which is rare). i am truly sorry.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

i think my other post disappeared when i tried to fix the spelling on my phone. anyway what i said was i am sorry if i upset you that was not my intention. it was one of those rare times i asked before thinking. i'm very sorry :(

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Oh it showed up but i can't delete it using my phone sorry for the 3 posts!
Hi AnnBabygurl no problem I was not upset. Sorry if you though I was. Just haven't been on for a few days.

Oh and my teeth haven't gone bad and I have used both, not as much as I would like.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I´m using this:

3540d1294290393-your-pacifier-collection-imagen0385.jpg

And I´m very good wit that one on the left, is the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.