Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinInDiapers

Colin
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yesterday while I was changing my diaper I got thirsty but the milk was expired and there was no soda for me to drink out of my sippy cup so I realized that I can get baby formula but I don't know how it tastes I would like an honest opinion so that I don't waste my money on something that I don't like and I don't know what kind I should get I live in the US and the closest store to me is cvs and it looks like they only sell similac and enfamil I don't know what is good and cheap and I want something I can just pour in my bottle and drink so that I don't just sit there watching Barney or Sesame Street or something wearing a nice clean diaper with nothing to drink because sucking on my pacifier makes me thirsty so please help

P

PaddedPuppy

Well the only way you are going to find out if you like the taste is by buying it and trying it for yourself. Some people love it, others hate it. To me its one of the nicest drinks there is. To my boyfriend "Its like puke thats been reheated 5 times over"

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I have drunk the Similac version. I like it better cold, not room temperature or warm (I have never liked warm milk). I can't describe the taste, but I wouldn't give up soda or water for formula and I wouldn't want it every day.

Even a small bottle is not cheap. My suggestion is just get the smallest container you can and try it. I really do not see any other way (unless you can found a family with a real baby and get some of theirs? :)

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
In my opinion Similac taste better than Enfamil. If you won't want to drink regular milk or soda how about juice? Orange juice might not work that well in a bottle or sippy cup. Maybe you could drink apple juice. Having tried Gerber's pear juice I would highly recommend it :p Honestly pear juice taste so much better than apple juice haha.

Kiyoshi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Not sure if you get it in the US but I like to drink the nestle S-26 Gold Toddler before bed. 5 scoops to 200ml water, warm in microwave and shake. It's yummy.

ColinInDiapers

Colin
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was thinking of getting baby formula as mentioned in my previous post but I don't k ow what it tastes like I was thinking to get similac either go & grow powdered formula or similac advance ready to feed liquid formula but either way will it give me diarrhea because I know that formula fed babies have diarrhea but anyway which formula should I get I want something cheaper than $10 and would I be able to drink it out of a sippy cup or should I get a baby bottle? :paci:

Littlebabaprince

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Both i would suspect have long shelf lives so either.... powdered means you have the hassle of having to make it up each time but ready made saves you the trouble. Different age powder milk and ready made can taste different too, Over in the UK I found Vow and Gate 1-2yrs growing up milk, to be the best tasting with powdered millk which when warmed tastes a little like banana milkshake. BUT 1-2yrs Growing up (ready made) milk is cold or room temp and does not taste the same as it powdered brother.......... so choice is yours.. find either powdered - whichever age?... or ready made - whichever age? and go with it.......depending on your "baby" age depends on bottle or sippy cup. I have both and use bottle for milk and sippy cups for juice. cow-and-gate-baby-milk-powder-baby-ad-bade7.jpg CGF091_C&Gfoods_GUM_1_2_200ml201305240311.jpg Hope this helps... Not sure what similac tastes like.... GOOD LUCK in your quest to find the perfect milk and keep us updated on milk choice (Powder or ready made... and age) and Bottle or sippy :paci::fingerscrossed::paci:

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I would go with the ready to feed. a small size if you can find it just in case you don't like. As for the bottle or sippy cup that is up to you. I drink mine from a bottle. It has never given me the runs.

ColinInDiapers

Colin
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would go with the ready to feed. a small size if you can find it just in case you don't like. As for the bottle or sippy cup that is up to you. I drink mine from a bottle. It has never given me the runs.
I tried similac ready to feed the case of the small bottles I didn't really like the taste I gagged at first then I just dumped the rest of the bottle out and it just made me have to wet I just went in my diaper but it leaked I hope the formula does give me diarrhea so that I can go in my diaper I don't know how a diarrhea diaper feels

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I have had regular adult powdered milk and have not liked it at all. Maybe because I grew up with regular milk?

Anyway, that experience is why I have never tried powdered baby formula.

As to liquid formula - I have had Similac and I think it is ok. I prefer it refrigerator cold (not warm like you do for real babies). When I have formula, I drink from a bottle.

D

Deleted member 5880

Maybe I'm paranoid (okay, I just am...), but I'd rather drink adult powdered cow milk than powdered human breastmilk?

Seriously, this bugs me in the head. It really would seem more natural to go with baby formula since I'm welll...human...but I feel concerned it may cause harm to my body because it is "formulated" for a different age group. Of course, so says the guy who drinks cream in his coffee every morning. :/

For the record, I prefer my powdered milk warm--whatever living thing it comes from.
And diarrhea dehydrates you...be careful, please. At the end of the diaper-padded day, you've gotta keep your health.

EJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I use carnation instant breakfast drinks rather than actual formula since formula is designed to put on lots of weight and I've heard they all taste nasty. The breakfast drinks remind me of formula since they come in powdered mix packets. There are also pre mixed ones but i like mixing them myself. I just pour a packet into a bottle and fill it with milk and shake it up like I'm mixing formula. It's yummy and I don't have to worry about getting fat hehe ^-^

FlightSimPro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well the only way you are going to find out if you like the taste is by buying it and trying it for yourself. Some people love it, others hate it."

Very true words. I myself had got aptamil follow on milk, designed for toddlers. Thats the powder formula which you have to mix etc.

At first I never liked it. There was a twang off it, which I thought was iron that I didn't like. Then as time went by, I actually liked it. I guess I got used to the taste. I usually have one bottle when I wake up. I make it and then get back into bed again with it. It's just so relaxing and nice.

In regards to the nutrients etc, I have not gained any weight and I am still a healthy being, regardless of drinking one 9oz bottle every morning. I would class myself as a healthy individual anyway.

FlightSimPro

P

PaddedPuppy

Very true words. I myself had got aptamil follow on milk, designed for toddlers. Thats the powder formula which you have to mix etc.

At first I never liked it. There was a twang off it, which I thought was iron that I didn't like. Then as time went by, I actually liked it. I guess I got used to the taste. I usually have one bottle when I wake up. I make it and then get back into bed again with it. It's just so relaxing and nice.

In regards to the nutrients etc, I have not gained any weight and I am still a healthy being, regardless of drinking one 9oz bottle every morning. I would class myself as a healthy individual anyway.

FlightSimPro
If you were to just remove your signature from your post there, it could have been a statement of my own there. I'm exactly the same.

Just thought I'd add, Cow&Gate and Aptamil are actually the same stuff repackaged. Aptamil is often a few pounds more expensive, so if you ever see Cow And Gate growing up milk (stage 1 toddler) for less, get it and its exactly the same

FlightSimPro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just thought I'd add, Cow&Gate and Aptamil are actually the same stuff repackaged. Aptamil is often a few pounds more expensive, so if you ever see Cow And Gate growing up milk (stage 1 toddler) for less, get it and its exactly the same

Haha. Ill keep that in mind. Thanks.

FlightSimPro

babyyoni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
i tried coco formula once, was super good, i asked for secnads, don't know what brand it was, i gess one israeli brand, but clean milk is cheaper. soo keep the formula as a treat

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I like the Gerber Graduates Infant & Toddler Formula. The formula taste good too. :)

Paxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Other
I tend to use slim-fast or carnation instant breakfast (vanilla flavor) in lieu of formula. Personally for two reasons - I don't get asked baby questions in the store, and I already like the taste. Plus, added bonus - the slim-fast shakes are 10oz! Perfect size for my baba. :)

polarbear12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Having recently become a father, I have had the opportunity to smell baby formula and well it just about makes me want to vomit.... good luck choking that down...

Status
Not open for further replies.