Baby Formula Intolerant

Wetbabygirl314

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
My baby seems to be baby formula intolerant. Similac sent me two sample cans of powdered formula, a vitamin enriched can and a sensitive stomach can. I mixed some into my baby's morning coffee and after a few swallows I, I mean, she had recurring diarrhea and abdominal pain. I have tried both formulas with the same results. Any other mommies habe babies who have problems with formula?

There's a lot of stuff that's jacked up in baby formula from fat to iron that can cause intestinal problems in adults. However, if you're only talking a couple of ounces, it sounds like a food allergy more than anything else.

Reactions: Wetbabygirl314
I gave up formula in the late 1990s; fond though I was of it, I wasn't able to tolerate the extra iron.

For the past few years, I've used vanilla-flavored soy milk, which is very similar in appearance to formula. The taste is far more appealing.

Yeah but what is a baby to do? The idea of me, ah, I mean my baby taking a bottle of formula is exciting, but not if is a prelude to a gastrointestinal eruption, a burp would be both appropriate, and cute, but a Vesuvius from the other end lacks charm!

Wetbabygirl314 said:
Yeah but what is a baby to do? The idea of me, ah, I mean my baby taking a bottle of formula is exciting,
I'm not sure If it's really for you or your baby...
But If it IS for your baby then maybe you could use some other sort of milk powder for big kids. But instead of keeping it in its normal can, you could store it in a baby forumula container. I know it's not always good to lie but I think this could make baby very happy.

But If it's for you, you might have to admit that your a growing girl who needs juice and soymilk now... But hopefully an other user can help in a way I couldn't.

Beware, be very very cautious with formula, they can contain lethal amount of iron for a healthy adult, it can be very very dangerous, don't be fooled, babies and toddlers need a lot of iron, but for us adults, the quantity found in baby or toddler formula can kill us from iron poisoning, first symptoms are diarhea and abdominal pain, so stop immediately, look at the stage 1 of symptoms here its not a joke https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318903.php

I sampled both Similac and Enfamil when my daughter was a baby. Recalling those exquisite flavors, I think I’d rather lick the rust off some old railroad tracks.

What others have said. Make your own formula substitute instead of using something that's innately harmful to adults.

I'm just fed Gerber's baby food from jars. No problem...Time for my pacifier...

Back