• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Baby Dry Size 6 vs Cruisers Size 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Well finally I got the perfect opportunity to buy diapers. My mom is going to be out of town for a week and my dad works really early so I can get to the grocery store early without any risk of being caught by my parents or anyone I might know (who goes grocery shopping at 6 in the morning?)

Anyway I'm wondering what's better. Pampers Baby Dry size 6 or Pampers Cruisers size 7. I got a 27 inch waist and don't really care about them fitting "properly". I've heard the baby dry's are stretchier, but that the cruisers are also longer. Is this true? I would just go ahead and get both but I only got 20 dollars to spend.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
As far as my experiences have gone, Baby Dry 6 > Cruisers 7. They'll both be able to fit, but you'll get more with Baby Dry, and they are more absorbent.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
BabyDrys ARE more stretchier, but from my experience both are pretty equal in terms of absorbency. It's strange they make a size 7, but the company's size 6 in a different style is stretchier.

Anyway, regardless I don't think there's a big enough difference to tell much. I'd recommend the BabyDry just because they're a bit cheaper and you get more diapers for your money as well.

I agree with said statements C: the pampers cruisers size 7 may SOUND bigger, but it isn't really at all. If anything it might be smaller than the size 6! but i think it may be alittle thicker than the size 6. I've bought both, but i liked the baby dry better overall.

Role
Diaper Lover
I like Cruisers Size 7 pretty well.. Never tried the BabyDrys though so I am very one sided here.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the pampers cruisers size 7 may SOUND bigger, but it isn't really at all. If anything it might be smaller than the size 6!
The Cruisers 7 is the same width, but 1 3/4" longer in length, compared to a Cruisers 6.

Poohbearboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
why don't get small adult diaper instead wasting your money on baby diaper that does not fit will not hold don't understand people some time.

Role
Diaper Lover
why don't get small adult diaper instead wasting your money on baby diaper that does not fit will not hold don't understand people some time.

because I love the smell and look of pampers, adult diapers are too plain and medical like. I've fit into easy ups size 5 before so I don't see why I couldn't fit into something one or two sizes larger.

Poohbearboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
ok cool I know what mean too wish make adult diaper better but will not so get were come from .

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
The usual problem for boys and men is that they need diapers evenlonger than Cruisers Size 7 to reach high enough on their hips to stay in place once slightly wet. Depending on your body shape your upper legs will be tight in the leg holes of any baby diaper.

Even if you wanted them Adult Small diapers are hardly ever sold in ordinary stores. Attends makes 2 styles for people under 5'3" 104 pounds and 18-29" hips. Those sizes are only sold on-line in cases of 96. Of course with a few stickers or decorative packing tape they can be made babyish.

What will fit you are GoodNites Large for Boys and UnderJams for boys Large. Those are not tape-on but are a kind of diaper, like a larger Pull-Up. GN are in nearly every store and UJ are getting increased space in stores.

Pampers recommends Baby Dry for toddlers while sleeping and Cruisers for active kids. P&G also makes Luvs which come in the same sizes as Pampers up to 6 and are even less expensive than BabyDry, but are consequently not sold in every store. Huggies also makes Size 6 but are not a good fit if you weigh nuch over 50 pounds. A then 11yo girl living next door to me who was 4'8" and 80 pounds was still too big to wear Size 7 Cruisers, Size 6 BabyDry, Luvs or Huggies. Her mom bought bags of all those. GoodNites did not reduce flooding in bed. She eventually ordered Attends Youth (a retro classic poly-plastic diaper) and Attends Breathable Small. Both of those are designed for 4'6" to 5'3" 75 t0 104 pounds and hips <18" to 29" Delivered by surface UPS those cost less per diaper than GoodNites and are not all that much more than Cruisers Size 7.

because I love the smell and look of pampers, adult diapers are too plain and medical like. I've fit into easy ups size 5 before so I don't see why I couldn't fit into something one or two sizes larger.

LinusBlueSnow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hmm....Well if you really want to go out and buy baby diapers and you can fit in easy ups size 5 and you really want to wear them ok, go with size 7 to be on the safe side. I bought a pack of them and they did fit me, and I have about a 30-32 inch waist and I'm about 140lbs. If you're really looking to use them though, just go with goodnites or underjams (I've heard underjams are more absorbent) plus you can actually wear them, use them and everything. If you really want pampers, then just use them as stuffers (I've only used size 7 but if you're going to be sleeping in them then use baby-dry). I wouldn't reccomend using just baby diapers and if you got goodnites they've still got prints on them so they don't look plain.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Goodnites are more durable, underjam sides tear way to easily. This become very annoying.

Role
Diaper Lover
well I finally got them (baby dry size 6). it was a piece of cake almost no pressure since I got to the supermarket at opening time. I had enough money to get both cruisers size 7 and baby dry but they only had cruisers up to size 5 so I just went ahead and got 2 packages of baby dry. the hardest part was probably the uphill bike back to my house.

I hid them in the garage in some old boxes temporarily until my mom leaves for work.

UPDATE: I was surprised they fit my 34" hips without any modifications, that is if you pre-stretch the sides for a couple minutes. They're not that short and cover my ass completely. They don't seem to have as strong as a scent as easy-ups do but its still nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.