Status
Not open for further replies.

FlightSimPro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey all,

I was just wondering. I have made myself a baby bouncer thingy and i love it. My toes just about touch the ground. :)

Anyway is being in this dangerous? As you are putting alot of pressure around your abdominal area and i always thought that if too much pressure went on that area then it would dis-locate your abdominal bones? like pullin them up towards your stomach?

If you stay in these contraptions for too long to can they do any damage? Like for example, make your legs weaker? I stayed in mine for 10 minutes and when i got out of it my legs felt real strange, they were shaking and everything?

Let me know your ideas,

Ginger

komodokitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I'm not a doctor, but you need to be careful that you don't constrict the blood vessels leading into the legs. If you legs feel numb or tingly, you may be cutting off blood circulation down your legs. As far as bones go, I don't know what abdominal bone's you're talking about, but if your contraption is what I'm imagining, I don't think hurting the pelvis or whatever is likely. Again, not a doctor; if you suspect it's dangerous, don't use it.

S

Spearmint

If your legs are shaky, and feel strange, then it seems like you're doing something wrong. Aren't they supposed to have enough room in the leg holes so the circulation isn't cut off?

diapernew2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Private
what did you make your bouncer out of... i been wanting to buy one or make one... please post comments on this.

S

Spearmint

what did you make your bouncer out of... i been wanting to buy one or make one... please post comments on this.

I would like to see some pics if you have any available, I have only seen one adult sized one before, and I am very interested in building one of my own some day.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
I am also really interested in this (being hopefully a future engineer/architect) it really kind of interests me how this was done. But if it is affecting circulation or causing bruising I wouldn't suggest using it for prolonged use.

S

Spearmint

I am also really interested in this (being hopefully a future engineer/architect) it really kind of interests me how this was done. But if it is affecting circulation or causing bruising I wouldn't suggest using it for prolonged use.

I'm sure that the problems could be corrected, it sounds like a design flaw in the specific design moreso than a problem of bouncers in general.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When hanging from a harness/jumper/bouncer/whatever, there's a risk of cutting off blood flow to the legs. If your legs were feeling "weird", then you had probably cut off blood flow to your legs. If you can redesign your thing so it's more of a sitting position and less of a hanging position, you'll probably alleviate most of the issue.

S

Spearmint

When hanging from a harness/jumper/bouncer/whatever, there's a risk of cutting off blood flow to the legs. If your legs were feeling "weird", then you had probably cut off blood flow to your legs. If you can redesign your thing so it's more of a sitting position and less of a hanging position, you'll probably alleviate most of the issue.

that's exactly what I was thinking. Sitting>standing in this case.

puppycody

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Hey all,

I was just wondering. I have made myself a baby bouncer thingy and i love it. My toes just about touch the ground. :)

Anyway is being in this dangerous? As you are putting alot of pressure around your abdominal area and i always thought that if too much pressure went on that area then it would dis-locate your abdominal bones? like pullin them up towards your stomach?

If you stay in these contraptions for too long to can they do any damage? Like for example, make your legs weaker? I stayed in mine for 10 minutes and when i got out of it my legs felt real strange, they were shaking and everything?

Let me know your ideas,

Ginger

Abdominal bones?

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Abdominal bones?
I believe she means the pelvis or other surrounding bones, like the femur and sacrum.

Ginger, unless you have wicked loose joints, you've got to apply a lot of force to dislocate something. The reason why your legs feel weak and wobbly might be because you've just been bouncing around for 10 minutes and your legs haven't been on solid ground for a while. Or, it might be a circulation issue, as others have mentioned.

S

Spearmint

I believe she means the pelvis or other surrounding bones, like the femur and sacrum.

Ginger, unless you have wicked loose joints, you've got to apply a lot of force to dislocate something. The reason why your legs feel weak and wobbly might be because you've just been bouncing around for 10 minutes and your legs haven't been on solid ground for a while. Or, it might be a circulation issue, as others have mentioned.

That's what I was thinking. Ginger, did you feel like the circulation was being cut off?

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I've spent some time in harnesses (zip lines, etc...) and if designed right and fitted, there's no problem hanging there for a while.
I'm thinking about building a bouncer. I've already got a hoist and I figure I can use a garage door spring or a lot of bungees in parallel to make the bouncy part and a harness.

Besides, if you have a thick enough diaper on, you should be protected.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've spent some time in harnesses (zip lines, etc...) and if designed right and fitted, there's no problem hanging there for a while.
I'm thinking about building a bouncer. I've already got a hoist and I figure I can use a garage door spring or a lot of bungees in parallel to make the bouncy part and a harness.

Besides, if you have a thick enough diaper on, you should be protected.
True. I used to do a lot of climbing, and climbing harnesses are usually reasonably comfortable for at least a few minutes. The trick is that climbing harnesses and the like put you in a more seated position, so the straps aren't digging into your pelvis and whatever veins and nerves are right there.

Like I said, if you can redesign so you're in a more seated position, and a bit of padding (aside from your diaper) added to the straps as well, you'd probably alleviate most or all of your issues and could hand and bounce quite happily.

S

Spearmint

True. I used to do a lot of climbing, and climbing harnesses are usually reasonably comfortable for at least a few minutes. The trick is that climbing harnesses and the like put you in a more seated position, so the straps aren't digging into your pelvis and whatever veins and nerves are right there.

Like I said, if you can redesign so you're in a more seated position, and a bit of padding (aside from your diaper) added to the straps as well, you'd probably alleviate most or all of your issues and could hand and bounce quite happily.

Padding the straps would probably help alot. +1 to this.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Another request for pics of your bouncer. Would love to see how you designed it!

An aside comment: WOOHOO!!! Hit the 2000 post mark...FINALLY! :)

~Pramrider

pjd7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Ever seen a rock climbing harness?

If its similar to that in design you should be fine.

jstevens

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I'm starting to wonder if it exists.

Mine does, and there are videos of it on YouTube. My username is z33k3rz.

I'd love to see videos, or even at least pictures, of someone else's similar creation.

As far as dangers... I've spent a half hour in mine, jumping pretty hard, and mine is high enough that I do NOT touch the ground unless I really drop hard - and I've never had any physical/medical sorts of problems as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.