Man, I am glad I am not alone. I THOUGHT I would have a problem, but tonight... my laptop works good. I spilled water on it and I got lucky. This time. I bumped water onto my laptop and I thought I was screwed.
I let it dry out all day, and now it works good. THANK GOD. I thought for sure I was screwed.
I would check it out. Have someone look at it. Maybe the battery is dead. It happens.
[font="Calibri,Arial"]If the battery is easily accesible (a lot of them just clip in and out, here's something to try. Unplug the laptop, Take the battery out , press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, wait 30 seconds, put the battery and plug back in and try again. I can't think of the term for this right now, I thinks it's called clearing the motherboard but it helps about a lot of power problems ( Im not sure how it works either, I think it gets rid of all the static).[/font]
Sounds like there is a broken connection in the power circuit.
Most likely the notebook will have to be disassembled to repair the power port.
Could be easy though, maybe just a little solder will fix it.