Away/Back Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Incontinent
Hey. Would it be possible to create a forum, as a sub-forum of Greetings/Introductions, that is for posting that you will be away and when you are back? I think it would be a great addition to the forum and then the posts won't get lost in all of the introductions that are posted.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Wouldn't this be placed on the Administrative Stuff forum?

That way everyone can give their opinion on this matter. I'm not going to just move it out of the Request forum but if you want to I can.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I won't say no the idea, being a not very absoloute person, however, I do ask a question :

Wouldn't the creation of such a forum/subforum make the forum a bit more big than what is desired? It already is quite detailed.

I also recall that the introduction forum was/is (?) commonly used as a ''Away/back'' forum. It used to state that back on TBDL too, not sure about here.

Either way, the 'yes' or 'no' is up to the admins, I'm just posing a question.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I won't say no the idea, being a not very absoloute person, however, I do ask a question :

Wouldn't the creation of such a forum/subforum make the forum a bit more big than what is desired? It already is quite detailed.

I also recall that the introduction forum was/is (?) commonly used as a ''Away/back'' forum. It used to state that back on TBDL too, not sure about here.
Hey. Would it be possible to create a forum, as a sub-forum of Greetings/Introductions, that is for posting that you will be away and when you are back? I think it would be a great addition to the forum and then the posts won't get lost in all of the introductions that are posted.
Either way, the 'yes' or 'no' is up to the admins, I'm just posing a question.
I brought it here so everyone could post their opinion about it, so by all means do.

E

Error404

Perhaps just add an 'Outroduction' sub-forum to Introduction/Greetings?

Role
Private
Just from the general trend of threads that announce someone leaving... they are popular until all those who want to post in them do so, then they just hit the bottom of the thread list. Then, when the person comes back, they tend to make a new thread announcing that too.

I'd be for the idea of having a sub-forum for it, if only to encourage people to keep their return within the one thread.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Eh...I don't think an "Away/Back" forum is needed...You're like the only person that has made a thread about going in a while...So it's not like there is a onslaught of people coming and going

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What I'd be worried about is people getting ridiculous with them.

Like...

"Joe here... I will be away tonight between 6pm and 1am because I have to go out of the house... for once..."

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
I can consider the pros and cons of having a subforum devoted entirely to 'away' threads. If it were implemented I wouldn't complain about it being there.

So long as the threads created are reasonable, for example not "I'm leaving for undisclosed amount of time because of a reason I can't tell you about, goodbye." those sorts of threads are pointless and a waste of replies / time.

Last edited:

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd be OK with trying it out, but if it gets sloppy/misused, it should be withdrawn immediately, if feasible.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
there are too many forums already. we shouldn't create more unless there's a real need for them. i can't recall that i personally have ever wrung my hands and lamented the fact that "away/back" threads have to be posted in the same forum as "greetings/intro" threads.

if everyone else wants one then so be it but i personally think our front page currently looks like someone took a big handful of miscellaneous forums and threw them against a wall, and i'm wary of any changes that might exacerbate that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.