Avena M4 sweat leaks

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Messages
138
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Not sure if I've got a bad batch or this is common... But I've been trying to use plastic pants with diapers now, and notice the M4 has what I can only describe as sweat leaks...

I'm not all that close to capacity, but the diaper is pretty wet and I notice small beads of liquid on the inside of the plastic pants. Doesn't smell like anything, but it's noticeable. Not enough to be urine (I think) but enough that it'll dampen a tissue.

Is this just me? Anyone else?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
Are these the cloth-like/breathable PREMIUM Abena? I've experienced this with the vast majority of breathable/cloth-like diapers I've ever tried. The two brands that don't do this that I've tried are the Tranquility "Smart Core" and the Seni Super and/or Quattro
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, patrick1776 and Canadianfalls
loadedpamperman said:
Are these the cloth-like/breathable PREMIUM Abena? I've experienced this with the vast majority of breathable/cloth-like diapers I've ever tried. The two brands that don't do this that I've tried are the Tranquility "Smart Core" and the Seni Super and/or Quattro
It's the plastic ones... You're right that all cloth backed ones do this unfortunately...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
If these are the PE shelled Abenas, it literally must be sweat. Nothing is going to seep through the PE shell, at least not with Abena or the majority of PE diapers I have ever tried. The ones that literally seeped were the Wellness brand...you could literally watch "pee" drip out of those.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Canadianfalls
Forgot to add...seeing you're in Toronto......GO AVALANCHE!!!!

I know, makes zero sense being NE Pennsy born & raised.......but 1st NHL game I ever watched found me picking the Avs as my team back in 95-6, their first year in Col.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Canadianfalls
loadedpamperman said:
If these are the PE shelled Abenas, it literally must be sweat. Nothing is going to seep through the PE shell, at least not with Abena or the majority of PE diapers I have ever tried. The ones that literally seeped were the Wellness brand...you could literally watch "pee" drip out of those.
I'm confused by it too. If M4s do this, I'm going to start looking for something cloth backed. Better in just about every way except for the 'sweat'.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
So, are you a diehard 'Canuck'r hockey wise? Dips must certainly help out freezing your ***** off that far up north LOL.....I'm several hundred miles south of you and STILL way too far north although the natural beauty **ALMOST** makes it worthwhile.... I need global warming to rapidly speed up! Turn NE Pa into the Bahamas!

I personally can't deal with the issues I've encountered with the cloth-like/breathable dips, especially the tabs gradually loosing grip over time. If you only need to wear for a couple hours at a clip they're fine, but overnight they always seem to get so loose on me as to render them useless.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Canadianfalls
loadedpamperman said:
So, are you a diehard 'Canuck'r hockey wise? Dips must certainly help out freezing your ***** off that far up north LOL.....I'm several hundred miles south of you and STILL way too far north although the natural beauty **ALMOST** makes it worthwhile.... I need global warming to rapidly speed up! Turn NE Pa into the Bahamas!

I personally can't deal with the issues I've encountered with the cloth-like/breathable dips, especially the tabs gradually loosing grip over time. If you only need to wear for a couple hours at a clip they're fine, but overnight they always seem to get so loose on me as to render them useless.
Honestly, I'm so used to the cold that diapers get too warm lol

I haven't had the tape issue with things like prevail. I actually like being able to readjust as needed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
Canadianfalls said:
Not sure if I've got a bad batch or this is common... But I've been trying to use plastic pants with diapers now, and notice the M4 has what I can only describe as sweat leaks...

I'm not all that close to capacity, but the diaper is pretty wet and I notice small beads of liquid on the inside of the plastic pants. Doesn't smell like anything, but it's noticeable. Not enough to be urine (I think) but enough that it'll
 
Yeah, my M4 started leaking too. I stopped buying them
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
I haven't had this happen with the plastic backed abenas.

If you're wearing plastic pants over them couldn't you just be getting condensation or something? I don't wear plastic pants because when I tried them it seemed like they always get gross and sweaty anyway and I don't think they really serve much purpose with disposable diapers because once liquid gets outside of the diaper and into the plastic pants it can't get absorbed like it would with cloth. I don't really understand why so many people here like to wear them with disposable diapers.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater
I hope it was just a bad batch, because I have never experienced this with Abena M4, which are my most commonly used and favorite diaper.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
Yup, it could be condensation between the outer shell of the diaper and the inside of the plastic pants.

It is possible that you are starting off the night with an additional blanket and should consider removing it once you become warmer. Or uncover your diaper area keeping your legs and upper body covered.

If you have not experienced this before it could be the diaper, but unless it is urine it is more likely condensation.

In the Summer, I will go to bed without a cover at all and add a sheet over my legs and upper body once my diaper area adjusts to the room temperature.

I use NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Covers and they will wick some moisture overnight, which helps with leaks and also condensation. I hope you find a solution.
 
Definitely condensation between two layers of plastic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
Canadianfalls said:
Honestly, I'm so used to the cold that diapers get too warm lol

I haven't had the tape issue with things like prevail. I actually like being able to readjust as needed.
just wear control or the new pee panties, and keeep the diaper against you with no sag.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
Back
Top