• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Something crossed my mind today after what went down with MFH. I know the rules currently do not permit crotch shots of diapers. In the light of what happened recently, do you think pictures or drawings of younger children in diapers as avatars could somehow send mixed signals to guests/lurkers/newbies as to ADISC's stand against involving younger kids with the diaper interests of older teen and adult members? Looking through the membership list, there's only about a half dozen or less avatars that would fall in this category at present, so pretty few in number. They are cute and harmless avis, in my opinion, but do you think anyone not familiar with our feelings toward child exploitation would read something else into them? Not saying to now rule out all diapered pics along with crotch shots, just wondering what other member's might think on the subject. Do you see where such avis, innocent as they are, could possibly send the wrong message to people checking our site out?

~Pramrider

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have a lot of thoughts in my head, so I apologize before hand if my post makes no sense at all (since I can't really concentrate right now).

Uhm, I know what you mean and I believe there should be a line that limits what users are allowed to have as an avatar or not, and to clearly state what can be used or not. In my case, I have a drawing of a kid as an avatar (a drawing I like, because I believe it represents how I really am) but if the case were that I knew someone was taking it the wrong way I'd remove it immediately.

Another point is that most of us like to think of our inner selves as babies or little kids, and avatars are like a graphical window to these feelings.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Uhm, I know what you mean and I believe there should be a line that limits what users are allowed to have as an avatar or not, and to clearly state what can be used or not. In my case, I have a drawing of a kid as an avatar (a drawing I like, because I believe it represents how I really am) but if the case were that I knew someone was taking it the wrong way I'd remove it immediately.
Yours is fine, Zagete. I was thinking mainly of avatars depicting a younger child obviously diapered. Those are the only ones I was raising a question about. As I mentioned, I certainly have no issue with them myself because i know they're completely innocent. Just wonder if they're possibly perceived the wrong way by outsiders looking in, so as to attract undesirable types to the forums.

~Pramrider

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
My personal thought is that at some point we have to draw the line on worrying what others think. Anyone who comes here from outside the *b/dl/ic community is going to have questions/ opinions that are influenced by issues far bigger than an avi of a diapered little monkey/ fox/ anime/ cartoon character, etc. . . Given the whole MFH issue, were it ever to come to light that this site was the genesis of the case against him, and that drew people here, I have a suspicion that they would have their minds already made up before they got to the first page view.

I may be totally wrong on this, but that's where I am right now. :twocents:

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It's impossible for people other than ourselves to know how we think, and it works equally the other way around, rendering it impossible for us to remove avatars that cause perverse or wrong ideas on people's minds since there's all kinds of people with different psyches out there that might get wrong impressions over something that, for us, is totally perfect and normal. :)

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
I've seen avatars on some other sites that I found downright creepy, but I haven't seen any like that here. Here, it's usually:

- Anime related
- Paci shots
- Furry related pics
- Other
- One that encompasses all of the above

... you know, avatars that are more personal...unique interests, etc. In fact, for a diaper related site, I think our avatars are pretty far away from being diaper related...which makes sense. It's the same thing with names that contain 'diaper'... it's a common interest that almost all of us share so there is no need to show it.

B

Butterfly Mage

I suppose there is a big difference between a drawing of a child in diapers and a photograph of a child in diapers. A drawing is simply a byproduct of the artist's imagination and thus essentially harmless.

Of course, even that line of reasoning has limits. But you get the idea.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Hey Pramrider! Like the others, I think the animated Avatars are not only harmless, but kind of cute. I almost used one where the character was younger, but I liked the one I found because it better represents me. I loved the one that Maverick had of the toddler running out to meet his mother. His new one is cute as well.

I think we're all shaken up from the turn of events involving MFH. I keep expecting two cops in black showing up at my place of work, me being called into the office to meet them, and them saying "Did you know this MFH individual!" That wouldn't be embarrassing, would it! I was reluctant to come on a site like this, as this is the first site for me where I've had any real contact with anyone else. It has been liberating for me, and I'm glad I did it, but it makes you realize how careful one has to be.

Like I said in my post regarding MFH, we all bear responsibilities for what we say on this site, and how we may influence others, particularly our younger members, members who started this site, are the greater part of this site, and deserve our care and our careful wisdom. I certainly appreciate who you are PramRider. Your comments are always well thought out, with an example being this thread.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
It's strange how the same picture can be both innocent and horrific depending on whether the picture is a photograph or drawing.

One can only assume that a drawing a diapered child is supposed to represent somebody's TB self, whereas a photograph of a diapered child shows that the person is attracted to the child...
Of course it's possible that people could view the animated ones in paedophillic ways too... But then that would be the minority. They wouldn't ban diaper adverts just because some people might be turned on.

T

TechnoBaby

If you are not well informed about the infantilism, you could be confused and think about we are pedophiles, but anyone well iformed on infantilism will know that we are not pedophiles.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
So I'm curious, is my avator one that would be consider offensive? If so, I will change it.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
So I'm curious, is my avator one that would be consider offensive? If so, I will change it.
Oh, no, no ,no, dprdinky! I think my OP is being misunderstood. Please let me reiterate that I absolutely DO NOT feel anyone's avatar is offensive. It was just a passing thought I was throwing out there for discussion. That is, could lurkers and others not familiar with our stand on child exploitation possibly get a different perception, and join ADISC thinking so, from avatars displayed depicting children diapered? That's all - just the simple question for comments. I think they're cute myself and I know there's no bad intent by the users.

From what I've read so far, it doesn't appear anyone feels it's anything to be concerned over, which is good. Personally, I feel the same way. It's mainly a curiosity question to see what the consensus would be, particularly from the ADISC staff, and nothing more.

Hope that clears up the whole purpose of this thread.:smile:

~Pramrider

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What about MY avy????? A weird dude standing in a bathroom mirror, maybe, but NOT a pedo.

Kidding, I see where you're going Pram... You're on the money. These are some things that I also feel need to be considered. Not that we're doing it wrong now, per se, but maybe areas where we can distance ourselves even more from the kind of rep that places like deeker and such have. Essentially making sure that the lines that seperate us and them are not at all blurry.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Now that you mention it, the government of the country I live in wants to ban sexual drawings of children, which sounds quite decent. Is it not a decent thing for us to take a step back and try not to connect ourselves to actual children by the means of avatars (for all I know, we're all teenagers/adults), which might give out the wrong idea as the topic states.

Although, I understand the resistance, because adisc is already under heavy weight due to all those rules..

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
I guess my point is "where to draw the line". If the avatars fall, whats next? Will we not be able to discuss diapers, or binkies, or have pictures in the gallery, all for fear of "them" getting the wrong message?
I (I don't want to speak for others, but I assume it) am intelligent enough to post my thoughts and feelings, as I want them communicated, without worry that I have to explain myself to the mysterious "them" . That being said, there are levels of decency that we all reach for in communicating with each other. My concern mainly comes from the opportunity to bow, yet again, to the minor gods of PC and the fear of (oh my) possiblyoffending their oh so tender sensibilities. More censorship, whether regulated or self imposed out of fear, = bad in my book.

OOOOR , maybe I need prozac.

ummmmm, yeah
/rant

back to your regularly scheduled programming

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I guess if you start seeing ones that are pushing it, then say something. But until then, I wouldn't worry too much.

Y

Yumi

I can see how it can send mixed messages but, I feel that that's not likely to happen in most cases.

E

Error404

Would this be the case for all the artwork I've bought? I'd say I took the most innocent picture of my character for my avatar, but some of the other ones are a LITTLE bit more 'sexual', if you'd want to see it that way.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Personally, I think it should be handled on a case-by-case basis. A blanket ban would affect a few user's avatars as is. I think photos of children diapered are ok to ban but drawings would be going too far for a blanket ban.
It is possible for a drawing to go to far but I think most people would get the drawing as a representation.
[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.