• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Avatar: The Last Airbender live action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Avatar: The Last Airbender is being made into a live action movie and will be hitting the box office on July 2, 2010. This is the first of a planned trilogy, this first film will follow the first season of the series.

Now you may be wondering who would take on the responcability of making sure that this movie doesn't suck well it's non other than M. Night Shyamalan.

Cast:
Aang: Noah Ringer
Sokka: Jackson Rathbone
Katara: Nicola Peltz
Admiral Zhao: Aasif Mandvi
General Iroh: Shaun Toub
Fire Lord Ozai: Cliff Curtis
Suki: Jessica Andres
Prince Zuko: Dev Patel

The teaser trailer for The Last Airbender will be attached to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in theaters on June 24, 2009.

Personaly when I stumbed upon this I thought it was going to suck but then I saw that M. Night Shyamalan was directing and I think this could turn out to be a good movie.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm kinda excited about this, I hope it is a good movie.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Who the hell would watch this after Dragonball Evolution?

F

FullMetal

Who the hell would watch this after Dragonball Evolution?
lol, I just downloaded it. I have to watch it because my life used to revolve around DBZ, and I think I will watch it tonight. I am expecting to hate it, but I can't bring myself NOT to watch it.

Anyway, for the OP, I think the movie will either be amazing or crap, no in between. Lets wait and see though.

FullMetal

M

Mako

The cast is umm.. well look yourself and decide.

Aang: Noah Ringer: He's apparently a young katate champion, so he should be able to do some good stunt work.

Sokka: Jackson Rathbone

Katara: Nicola Peltz

Sokka and Katara are really... white.

Admiral Zhao: Aasif Mandvi: I'm used to seeing him on the daily show so I have idea if he can do a more serious role. And he needs more side hair.

General Iroh: Shaun Toub: erm...

Fire Lord Ozai: Cliff Curtis: ...

Suki: Jessica Andres

Prince Zuko: Dev Patel

Princess Yue: Seychelle Gabriel

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The only one who seems to look the part is the kid who plays Aang... not looking forward to that...

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
they will.
Don't drop it so quickly. It could work out.

I'm still hoping they make a Legend of Zelda movie. I saw the spoof trailer for the loz movie and got super excited untell I learned it was an april fools day joke. Bigest disapointment ever.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Hmm. Have seen a few eps of the show, might see the movie seeing as it's out the day before my 17th b-day.

guyinthebox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
well i saw the trailer yesterday looks ok so far. wish the arrow was more blue but whatever. i hope he does a good job on it, i loved the TV show. hope he doesn't get too crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.