• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Autistic with Incontinence Struggles

runduerun

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi! I am 33F and autistic. I am very high IQ and run a successful business from my home. I seem very “normal” as long as I’m not around a lot of people and/or noise…

I have sensory overload issues and meltdowns that cause me to have very poor interoception during and for up to a couple days following a social/loud outing.

During these “episodes” I wet myself, often without knowing I had accidents. I have accidentally gone #2 a handful of times too :(. I know when things are likely
To cause issues for me, but I struggle to remove myself from situations. I’m now wear diapers and in public, and after until
I am recognizing urges and making it to the toilet.

I have recently started liking the diapers. I think it’s because I feel safer knowing I won’t wet my pants. Now I am findi my myself wetting my diaper on purpose when I am in public even if I’m not
In overload yet and I could make it to the toilet so I don’t have an accident (instead it’s an on purpose). I have accidents too…

Does anyone else have accidents only during and after extreme anxiety/sensory overload/ meltdowns?

Does anyone else have autism and not know they wet or messed their diaper if they are in sensory overload/having a meltdown?

Reactions: RetroGirl15, perlFerret, MetalDan86 and 2 others

disabledinconben

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I am on the spectrum and can’t feel my bladder or bowels hardly at all.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192

Happy2BeInNappies2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Welcome to ADISC runduerun I hope you find this community a good site to visit for support.

I am not autistic, but I am sorry to hear that it causes you sensory overloads and meltdowns.
The stress of the anxiety and the effects of incontinence must be very hard to deal with.
(I deal with different problems, that who has a life without any?).

I am not clever enough to be an entrepreneur, it's great that you are running a successful business.

In has taken me a few years to accept that wearing diapers (or for me 'nappies') is my only secure underwear.
They sure have kept me safe from many public incidents by containing all my 'issues' and preventing exposer.

All the best runduerun

Reactions: Kittyinpink

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
runduerun said:
Hi! I am 33F and autistic. I am very high IQ and run a successful business from my home. I seem very “normal” as long as I’m not around a lot of people and/or noise…

I have sensory overload issues and meltdowns that cause me to have very poor interoception during and for up to a couple days following a social/loud outing.

During these “episodes” I wet myself, often without knowing I had accidents. I have accidentally gone #2 a handful of times too :(. I know when things are likely
To cause issues for me, but I struggle to remove myself from situations. I’m now wear diapers and in public, and after until

I have recently started liking the diapers. I think it’s because I feel safer knowing I won’t wet my pants. Now I am findi my myself wetting my diaper on purpose when I am in public even if I’m not
In overload yet and I could make it to the toilet so I don’t have an accident (instead it’s an on purpose). I have accidents too…

Does anyone else have accidents only during and after extreme anxiety/sensory overload/ meltdowns?

Does anyone else have autism and not know they wet or messed their diaper if they are in sensory overload/having a meltdown?
Hello and welcome! 😊
Lovely to have you here !
I am sure you will enjoy the site and make many friends 😊

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi, welcome to Adisc RundueRun.🙂

andrea29

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
runduerun said:

Does anyone else have autism and not know they wet or messed their diaper if they are in sensory overload/having a meltdow

Ciao RundueRun i'm very happy about your post cause is my same situation, i totally feel safer too and i wet my diaper too... and that let me calm a lot and relax.. letting pee go let me left my anxiety..
so now i use to have a change allwais with me... so when i'm noticing i'm going to leack just a short stop to a toilet and it's done...

andrea29

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
runduerun said:

i have accident also during normal anxiety not extreme...

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
runduerun said:

Good Evening and Welcome!
I myself am a 64 year-old Autistic who also has Cerebral Palsy.
I am in diapers 24/7.
I get no warning when I pee and poop.
It just comes out into my diapers.
I too have sensory overloads and meltdowns.
I am also high IQ.
4 year engineering degree in Electronics.

Reactions: perlFerret