Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
How many of you stim? What stims do you? Do you feel embarrassed? Because I do a lot, ok, I don't stim in a obvious way but I still feel a hatred for my autism and disgust. I used to get my arms held down by both teacher and my parents because I flapped my arms when I first started school.

Now a days, I think pacing my room repeatedly and then running around my room. I rub the space between my lip and nose just because it feels good but that is fairly discrete, i fiddle with buttons and if I get really disgusted or excited I tend to hold out my hands outstretched like this, (yes I have sucking my thumb, lol,image.jpg, I wasn't actually stimming then, I was just showing you so you don't get the wrong idea, I already feel like a freak! (People used to flap their hands when taking the mick out of autistics or slap their hands and say retard, spaz and special in a weird low pitched voice) I tend to sometimes ever so slightly hum or breath heavily or hum or even squeak. I tend to tap a pen, my foot or my fingers on my arm or side. I tend to play with my fingers and twirl grass blades with my finger.

What are your stims? Both autistic and non autistics can post their stims. I am not going to laugh, I am just curious.

I think I know what the term 'stimming' means. I'm not autistic. My screen name comes from my 'fabric rubbing' habit. I rubbed the satin binding of an old blanket between my fingers ever since I was a child. I always took it to bed and rubbed myself to sleep. Didn't suck my thumb though like a lot of people who 'fabric rub' do. It's a pretty common habit.

Funny thing though, the habit just disappeared all of a sudden when I was about 55 years old. I put it aside and never went back. I rolled up the binding (probably 40 years old at that point), put it in a little plastic bag and saved it just in case. I still have it in my little 'odds & ends' drawer.

Angelic said:
How many of you stim? What stims do you? Do you feel embarrassed? Because I do a lot, ok, I don't stim in a obvious way but I still feel a hatred for my autism and disgust. I used to get my arms held down by both teacher and my parents because I flapped my arms when I first started school.

Now a days, I think pacing my room repeatedly and then running around my room. I rub the space between my lip and nose just because it feels good but that is fairly discrete, i fiddle with buttons and if I get really disgusted or excited I tend to hold out my hands outstretched like this, (yes I have sucking my thumb, lol,View attachment 26989, I wasn't actually stimming then, I was just showing you so you don't get the wrong idea, I already feel like a freak! (People used to flap their hands when taking the mick out of autistics or slap their hands and say retard, spaz and special in a weird low pitched voice) I tend to sometimes ever so slightly hum or breath heavily or hum or even squeak. I tend to tap a pen, my foot or my fingers on my arm or side. I tend to play with my fingers and twirl grass blades with my finger.

What are your stims? Both autistic and non autistics can post their stims. I am not going to laugh, I am just curious.

I hand-flap.
I self rock in place for long periods of time too.
I fixate on odd objects to touch and manipulate in my hands.

Surprisingly I don't stim.

My aspergers is very mild, meaning, I lack a lot of what most people with aspergers have, I'm just terrible at social interaction.

When I was younger, I did had flap, rock back and forth in my chair, but It seem to vanish once I grew up, one of my aspie friends who is female was the same, rather quite and clumsy, wasn't really noticeable until you tried having a conversation with her.

I have mild sensory issues, and find it hard to sleep without socks on, for some odd reason.

I can somewhat emulate social interaction and self taught myself how to understand some facial expressions, but I'm still blind to it, and won't notice it if I'm tired or nervous.

I pace. I use to hand flap, but I stopped when other kids started making fun of me in middle school.

I stim. I pace and flap my arms. And yeah, I'm definitely embarrassed by it. Luckily, I have enough self control to not do that in public and only do that when I am completely alone. If I could, I'd stop completely. So I've made everyone either think that I've stopped doing that or that I never did it in the first place, and nearly everyone assumes I'm NT since I pass extremely well thanks to hiding all problematic symptoms and just presenting myself as shy and introverted.

I don't have an autism diagnosis but I do hand flap (although mine can be more like a finger flap) along with some pacing, and I pick at my scalp and neck. I've noticed I kinda like to touch things/manipulate things in my hands, and right now a weird habit has reemerged; I don't really get it but rubbing and squeezing the side of my big toe, it's almost like a painful sensation but yet I crave it, it's weird.

I have no idea if I'm autistic but I do enjoy stimming quite a bit. Especially when it comes to putting things in my mouth and touching things.

I'll only put something in my mouth if it's clean or washed like small toys and is only done in private. As for touching things, I'm actually quite obsessive about it haha. Of course nothing creepy like touching other people or anything like that. When I go to the grocery store I really enjoy touching things that look like they have interesting textures like clothes, furniture, or packaging with raised designs.

In fact, I have a very hard time paying attention to something unless I'm touching something. Last semester of college, I'd quietly play with a tiny rubber dinosaur pencil topper or something like a small fabric square or a bead under the table. So I always carry at least something to mess with.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of hand flapping XD
I was called out on it last week by my friend's younger niece.
Of course being the sarcastic nut I am I replied with "I'm trying to learn how to fly" making the group I was with laugh.

I regret nothing.

I used to do it

My go to is usually putting things in my mouth, mostly pens, and rubbing my bare feet on medium to high pile carpet. If there isn't carpet wearing fresh socks tends to suffice.

tickles51 said:
I rubbed the satin binding of an old blanket between my fingers ever since I was a child. I always took it to bed and rubbed myself to sleep. Didn't suck my thumb though like a lot of people who 'fabric rub' do. It's a pretty common habit.

Funny thing though, the habit just disappeared all of a sudden when I was about 55 years old. I put it aside and never went back. I rolled up the binding (probably 40 years old at that point), put it in a little plastic bag and saved it just in case. I still have it in my little 'odds & ends' drawer.
i do the feeling cloth thing, too. i sometimes try to weigh-up which is more important to me: nappies or feeling cloths?
mind you, i suppose that my fixation with nappies could also be a stim since mine is a purely sensory thing.
satin is my favourite for feeling; i'm not into silk, but that's probably because of how cheap crap is often passed off as 'luxurious' or 'quality' in the world posh/class aspirations (coffee is another good example of that).
i even bought a cheap sewingmachine to make feeling cloths:
View attachment 27015

the old, grey one was handsewn; handsewing is great for durability, but not for subtlety, and the stitches annoyed me whilst i felt.
i currently have one cloth for a pocket on each item of clothing i may wear. i have a pair of 80's shorts for feeling in bed.
i could probably live without them, but it would be an itch not to have one. i gotta scratch :)

That silky one sounds nice, I like feeling silk and fleece and other fuzzy things, you've given me a idea now, ade!

I don't really do anything in particular, other than when I'm at home in my chair, I'll slightly rock if I don't feel well.
I never had the opportunity to do anything that helps, so I get by without.
I like how my diapers feel, that really puts a smile on my face, especially when wet and gushy. It's tough to manage that though, without being caught and all.

I'm very sensory. I love the feeling of fleece and there is no better feeling than new socks, I'd wear new socks every day if I could. I also love the feeling of tight clothing it makes it feel like it's holding me together.

I do flap occasionally when I'm in a really happy mood.

I stim.

I jiggle my right leg, bite my bottom lip, and scratch the side of my thumb, mostly.

Squeezing my end of bottom lip together with my fingers, usually if bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back