Attends or Depends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeit

So here I am in my last Depends Fitted Max Protection and in need of a new pack of diapers. As of now I've bought 3 packs of them to date and I'm not dissatisfied since they seem to do the job for now but I'm wondering if Attends might be a good choice to switch it up maybe?

Down at the local Pharmacist shop they carry, I believe, Attends Extended Wear or Attends Briefs Waistband style. I can either go for one of those or stick with what I usually go for.

My question is should I bother? I think the Attends packages are a bit bigger so I might not be able to put them in my backpack after I buy them in the store and I'm not sure if either of those are an improvement over Depends.

I'm gonna head out in a few hours either way so... any comments pls?

(Should be in DIaper Talk, my bad)

Last edited by a moderator:

paddedhawk

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Try the attends. After that you will be dissatisfied with the depends.

Edit: haha 69th post. sorry i had to.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes I would give the attends a try, just to let you know there may be something better for you, and if don't like them you can always use them as stuffers, no great loss of money involved.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I say Attends though I never tried that type. Anyways if they aren't that great you don't have to buy them again.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
These things are personal, so no one can really tell you what's the best diaper. I haven't used Attends in a long time because I don't see them around anymore. The last time I had access to them, their quality had slipped below Depends as far as I was concerned. Now I'm using ones that I find better than either, but if I happened across another pack of Attends, I'd likely give them a try just out of curiosity.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The attends should be a bit better than the depends if they are the extended wear or the waistband style. I recently got a pack, but they are the "breathables" and I am not impressed with them. However I have used other attends in the past and they are definitely better than depends.

I would give them a try, they won't be any worse than what you currently have and hey, you might end up liking them better.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I say go for the Attends. I use the waistband ones, and they are quite comfy and fit well, but they tend to clump up and sag when wet, so if you intend to heavily wet them without changing for a good while, I say you're still better off than with depends.

As for transporting them, if you're walking, just ask or bring a paper grocery style bag and carry it home upside down.and getting it in, just wait for the oppurtune moment to get them in.

Role
Diaper Lover
Definately go with the Attends. Not 100% sure what kind i use are, but there pretty good, and relatively cheap. However, it was a rough transition from a Molicare Super Plus...

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
I would definitely go with the Attends. The Depends product was never any good to begin with, and they have declined significantly in quality over the last 10 years. While Attends have been reduced in thickness, they have not suffered as much for quality as Kimberly Clark's offering. If you can stand the micro-pore liner of the Attends and don't mind a cloth-like outer backing, then the Extended Wear would be a good choice. Otherwise, the waistband style with three tapes on each side may work out best.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Although I have never tried the Attends myself, I have heard that they are similar to Tranquility ATNs, which I use on a regular basis. So, I recommend the Attends.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Don't think we have Attends in Canada- I certainly haven't seen any. But do I wonder what the better choice is: Depends or Tena?

B

Butterfly Mage

I have to agree with most of the others here. Depends are atrocious. the only thing worse than Depends are the cheap generic knock-offs.

I've used both Depends and Attends, but I haven't used Depends in years because they're not comfortable to wear, they don't absorb well, and they leak. Attends absorbs better, is *much* more comfortable, and less likely to leak.

I've recently been using the new "breathable" Attends. They seem to have a little more absorbancy than the regular Attends, and they are also very comfortable to wear. I also like the velcro-like fastening system. Basically, these new Attends are sort of modeled after modern-day infant diapers. I'd take these over Depends any day.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
I actually think Depends are worse than the products they use in hospitals. Kimberly Clark has really gone down hill on their adult lines. Their only salvation is Huggies. Not even Medicaid will buy Depends, no matter how cheap they are. I suppose it's because their poor quality and lack of absorbency are considered a health hazard.

Honeywell6180

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
The decline in readily available adult diapers is really sad... honestly it's too bad Depend doesn't come out with something really substancially good... they could easily blow companies like Attends and Tena out of the water if they put some quality back into their product.

I mean if Abena can make the Abri-supers as thin as they are... yet they have the absorbancy to last 6-8 hours... I know other companies could pull it off too.

B

Butterfly Mage

The Molicare "Super" is actually really thin too and absorbs about 5x what a Depend diaper can absorb. The molicare "Super Plus" is the super-thick one and has so much absorbancy that I've never managed to actually fill one to capacity.

In my experience, the absorbancy sorta goes like:

Molicare Super+, Molicare Super, Attends Breathable, Attends, Depends, Generics.

But the comfort factor goes like this:

Attends Breathable, Attends, Molicare Super+, Molicare Super, Depends, Generics.

wmwy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I like depends as an outer liner over the pull up types, once I find something good enough for me I don't go experimenting, sorry to say I have no opinion on attends.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Uhh Why Is This In Adult Baby??????? This should be in diaper talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.