At what age growing up did you stop wetting your bed

I never really stopped wetting the bed. When I first stayed with my foster parents at 15, I was scared to tell them so I used to dehydrate myself. I would have a drink in the morning with breakfast then again at lunch and then try to get through without anymore. If I had to have a drink in the afternoon I would stay up most of the night to avoid wetting. This stopped the bedwetting until I moved out for university at 18 but it also made me weak, sickly and exhausted. I understand why I was so worried at the time as I finally had a safe home and a loving family, and I was scared they wouldn't want me to stay there anymore but, in hindsight, they would have just bought me some drynights and that would have been that, the never would have abandoned me.

The moment I started drinking normally again, the bedwetting restarted and I haven't stopped since. At 23 now, I would guess that if I was ever going to stop, I would have by now.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100, LittleCharlemangne and 2 others
DragonPrinceling said:
I never really stopped wetting the bed. When I first stayed with my foster parents at 15, I was scared to tell them so I used to dehydrate myself. I would have a drink in the morning with breakfast then again at lunch and then try to get through without anymore. If I had to have a drink in the afternoon I would stay up most of the night to avoid wetting. This stopped the bedwetting until I moved out for university at 18 but it also made me weak, sickly and exhausted. I understand why I was so worried at the time as I finally had a safe home and a loving family, and I was scared they wouldn't want me to stay there anymore but, in hindsight, they would have just bought me some drynights and that would have been that, the never would have abandoned me.

The moment I started drinking normally again, the bedwetting restarted and I haven't stopped since. At 23 now, I would guess that if I was ever going to stop, I would have by now.
Really sad story here :( Hope things have change for the better now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Jim100
I stopped wetting the bed when I was 10. Never started again.

It was 8ish for me at night

I never really wet the bed (at lease from my own memories). I have maybe one memory when I was really young at maybe 4 years old. I had a scary dream and woke up wet then I remember going into my parents room to tell them and that's it. They changed my sheets and clothes and I went back to bed. I always get a little jealous when I read that so many on this site used to be bedwetters because it usually means you also got to wear nappies. Although I guess even if I did wet my bed there would be no guarantee that I would have worn nappies but that's the thing at least I would have had a better chance. Because by staying dry there was never really any reason for me to wear nappies making my chances of wearing pretty much zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and perlFerret
I vaguely remember wetting the bed as a young child, but it stopped fairly early (maybe around the age of five or so).

Reactions: Diprs2
I'm a life-long bed wetter, too. Like some others have said, I never really stopped wetting when I sleep. It's not always every night--I occasionally have a short dry spell: days or even a couple of weeks, but I always resume wetting. I just diaper up at night and don't worry about it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric and Jim100
I stop my nightly wetting when I was 15 or 16 but still had occasional accidents but started wetting every night again when I was in my early twenties and started to wear diapers again

I started wetting the bed around 7-8 and my mother finally put me back in diapers. I also had the white vinyl sheet on my bed. From that point on I have been diapered every night. About 7 years ago, I started having daytime accidents. My wife suggested pull-ups to keep my pants dry. That worked for a bit, but changing them at work meant taking off my pants in the men’s room stall, so she suggested wearing diapers during the day as well. Now I am 24/7.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and abdl86
Like many others responding to this thread I was a chronic every night bedwetter until I started going through puberty. Puberty slow down the frequency of my bedwetting and I stopped wearing diapers to bed, but by the age of 15 I was still waking up to a wet bed at least a few mornings a week. It never totally stopped and to this day I wake up wet more than dry.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and chamberpot
SDB2014 said:
I started wetting the bed around 7-8 and my mother finally put me back in diapers. I also had the white vinyl sheet on my bed. From that point on I have been diapered every night. About 7 years ago, I started having daytime accidents. My wife suggested pull-ups to keep my pants dry. That worked for a bit, but changing them at work meant taking off my pants in the men’s room stall, so she suggested wearing diapers during the day as well. Now I am 24/7.
Yes putting on a new pull ups out in public sure is not that easy.

abdl86 said:
Really sad story here :( Hope things have change for the better now.
Thank you. Things are better now. I still have a lot of abandonment issues but they don't extend to my foster family; they've shown me time and time again that I am, and always will be, a part of the family.

In relation to the bed wetting, I wear diapers every night and they make me feel safe and content. I will never put my body through the dehydration again- that was brutal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleCharlemangne
4 years old

I "officially" stopped bedwetting and got out of Goodnites when I was 12. But I probably stopped involuntarily wetting somewhat earlier. I got in the habit of just using my goodnite if I woke up needing up pee, so I'm not quite sure when it stopped.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, perlFerret and 2 others
DragonPrinceling said:
Thank you. Things are better now. I still have a lot of abandonment issues but they don't extend to my foster family; they've shown me time and time again that I am, and always will be, a part of the family.

In relation to the bed wetting, I wear diapers every night and they make me feel safe and content. I will never put my body through the dehydration again- that was brutal.
that sounds good allot of dehydration is not good.

Reactions: Diprs2 and nwm
I never quite stopped.
At 17 it stopped being an every night ordeal, down to a couple times a month and then pretty much once a month if that.

When I was 23 I started wetting a few times a month again, then that same year I suffered a fairly bad back injury (multiple herniated discs) which has been a chronic issue ever since, which is believed to have contributed to causing me to revert back to wetting the bed every night (due to nerve damage).

Last edited:
IFloat said:
I stopped wearing my bed regularly around the age of 14. From then on I really worked hard at staying dry through high school with varied success. The bottom line is even if you only went to bed a couple of times a month at that age at some point it will be really humiliating. As I got into my late 20s for whatever reason I started waking up wet more often. Now in my Late 40s I wet my bed more nights than not.
I should hope you stopped wearing your bed, it must have been very hard work :) Seriously, when I was 63 it was discovered I had a congenital spinal problem, until age 14 I was doubly incontinent, then just bladder incontinent (24/7) for the next 6 years or so, however when I joined the forces just about everything dried up, But I still had the odd wet bed once or twice a week, however, with cheap beer in the Naafi I wasn't the only one so nobody realy said anything. In 1982 I was involved in the Falklands war and injured (Spinal and spinal nerve damage) which brought back the bladder incontinence full time. Now at 63 I have diabetic peripheral neuropathy and am losing bowel control again.

I am almost 68 I think I stopped at around 4 or so , but at around 6 I started wetting on purpose a few times a week and have ever since, sometimes I don't know if i wet on purpose or wet in my sleep . sometimes both in the same night. I have no problem with being a bedwetter, actually enjoy it. I wear diapers and have a well protected bed. I do feel bad for those who wish not to wet but do.

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed, Lyric and 1 other person
I stopped wetting my bed at about age 10. I restarted intermittently at about age 34, after a cervical spinal injury, and became fully incontinent at about age 60 following a seizure. It would seem that I was born a bed wetter and will die a bed wetter, of course in this I have quite a bit of company.

Reactions: Diprs2 and wiliawi
IFloat said:
I stopped wearing my bed regularly around the age of 14. From then on I really worked hard at staying dry through high school with varied success. The bottom line is even if you only went to bed a couple of times a month at that age at some point it will be really humiliating. As I got into my late 20s for whatever reason I started waking up wet more often. Now in my Late 40s I wet my bed more nights than not.
I was a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up. I wasn't reliably dry at night until my early 20s. My bedwetting came back in my late 40,s. Now I am seldom dry at night.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric, chamberpot and 1 other person
Back