At what age growing up did you stop wetting your bed

IFloat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I stopped wearing my bed regularly around the age of 14. From then on I really worked hard at staying dry through high school with varied success. The bottom line is even if you only went to bed a couple of times a month at that age at some point it will be really humiliating. As I got into my late 20s for whatever reason I started waking up wet more often. Now in my Late 40s I wet my bed more nights than not.

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, bedwetterdavid, Diprs2 and 4 others
Although I was daytime-trained around age 3, I was put in diapers at bedtime until shortly before I turned 4. I can remember lying in bed and getting my bedtime diapers pinned on, but I can't remember waking up in wet diapers, though it must have been happening often enough to justify my being kept in them. After that, I wet the bed exactly one time--age 7 or 8, I think. It was completely out of the blue, and I can't imagine what caused it. Amusingly, by that age, I was often sneaking diapers and wearing them to bed, just ... not on that night. (Although I think I'd still have been mortified if I'd woken up in a wet diaper!)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jim100
Didn't stop until I was 13. Wore drynites every night.

Reactions: Ickledan89, Diprs2 and Jim100
I stopped at about 5, when I had a really huge accident that resulted in my mattress being stood up against the wall in front of a fan all day. I resolved to never wet the bed again. And I guess... I didn't. Not by accident, at least!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Didn't stop till i was 16 , wore diapers up till that age and when it gradually stopped i still wear them for quite a while after just in case till i turned 17 years old .

I initially stopped around age 9. Thing was, once dry I missed the humiliation and sensations so much that I turned to secret home alone bedwetting to fill the void. Then, totally out of the blue, a bit before my 20th birthday I wet the bed on multiple occasions after drinking beer. Few years later in a place of my own I did the beer / wet bed thing over and over till wetting the bed was again the norm without so much as a drop of alcohol. And that’s where I am today.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, TheDiaperdStoner, Wetshisbed and 2 others
I was 14 or 15. Never wore diapers. My dad threatened to put me in diapers but didn’t follow through. It was so embarrassing to wet the bed every single night.

Nightly until 14, only had goodnites until I was 10. Sporadic nowadays but I can anticipate accidents with triggers and body signs, still average around 2-3 nights a week

Dabl2008 said:
I stopped around the same age but never really got fully dry. I had day accidents frequently enough to necessitate pull ups on busy days. I started back up around 20 and never really stopped
Sounds sad. Did the find any reason way you was not able to keep things dry?

I stop wetting the bed around 10 years old. Newer were diaper when i was older but i had some bed protection instead to keep things dry.

I don’t believe I was ever a bed wetter, however I do have one memory of waking up in the middle of the night to find that I was wearing a diaper even though I was day time trained. I must have been around 3 or 4 years old. Not sure if it was a nightly thing or what, but I definitely don’t have any memory of wetting my bed.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and LittleMissPink
Nightly until I was 14 and then it stopped. Came back for the first few weeks of college probably due to stress but then went away permanently after that. Wore Goodnites until I was 14 and wore some diapers from CVS in college for a couple weeks until it dissipated.

Right around 14 is when the regular, nightly wetting stopped.
Seems like most people enter puberty and that's where it mostly ends for them,
leaving me to think that in my case it was and sometimes still is a hormonal thing.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and abdl86
Wet my bed until I was 17 and mom diapered me every night in cloth diapers and rubber pants. Probably could have stopped sooner but I started playing with myself under my diapers especially after I had wet in them, and I didn't want to stop. But I finally did when I knew I would be leaving home for college. Resumed wearing diapers occasionally and wetting in them usually at night but I didn't really need them for medical reasons.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot and abdl86
I stopped the first time a little bit beyond when I was potty trained but I have no idea when.

Around 9, I started to wet the bed again and stopped sometime around 11 years old.

I haven't wet the bed since.

Reactions: Diprs2, disabledinconben and Jim100
I rarely ever wet the bed as a child. Maybe 2 times perhaps ? The bed always had a vinyl mattress cover over it anyways . So accidents were an easy clean up for the most part. I did actually like the crinkly mattress cover under the sheets. It often went well with the vinyl pants covering my diaper I was in! BY age 3 or 3 and a half I was potty trained and wetting the bed wasnt an issue anymore although there was a few times I wet when not in bed after 3 and a half!

Reactions: Diprs2
I stopped every night around 15, but still wet a few nights per week until I 17.

Reactions: Diprs2, disabledinconben, Jim100 and 2 others
I was an every night bedwetter until the age of about 13, and became dry by the age of around 15. However, even after that age Mum preferred me to wear a nappy to sleep in whenever we were away from home. This was especially true at my maternal Nan's house, who insisted I wear a nappy to bed every night, even after I had become dry. When I talked to Mum about this, (I wasn't complaining; I didn't care to be honest) she then gave me the biggest shock of my life when she told me that she herself was still prone to wetting her bed, and that both bedwetting and daytime incontinence was a family trait on her side. Naturally my Nan knew all about this, hence the nappies, which I now knew me and Mum both wore when we were at Nan's or somewhere else away from home. I have to confess that I often wet myself deliberately on these occasions, and I think it was this more than anything else that triggered my DL side. I think Mum suspected that I did it on purpose sometimes, but she never said anything.

I remained accident free until I began to have genune bedwetting accidents again in my thirties. They were infrequent and sporadic at first, but gradually over the years became something that happened more often than not. In the last twenty years or so a combination of diabetes, and OAB made my incontinence a daily thing, and following my prostatectomy become permanent. I now have little or no control of my bladder and wear nappies 24/7.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric, Jim100 and 2 others
JoeMusic1976 said:
Right around 14 is when the regular, nightly wetting stopped.
Seems like most people enter puberty and that's where it mostly ends for them,
leaving me to think that in my case it was and sometimes still is a hormonal thing.
Yes i think you are on something here.
TheWetOne said:
I was an every night bedwetter until the age of about 13, and became dry by the age of around 15. However, even after that age Mum preferred me to wear a nappy to sleep in whenever we were away from home. This was especially true at my maternal Nan's house, who insisted I wear a nappy to bed every night, even after I had become dry. When I talked to Mum about this, (I wasn't complaining; I didn't care to be honest) she then gave me the biggest shock of my life when she told me that she herself was still prone to wetting her bed, and that both bedwetting and daytime incontinence was a family trait on her side. Naturally my Nan knew all about this, hence the nappies, which I now knew me and Mum both wore when we were at Nan's or somewhere else away from home. I have to confess that I often wet myself deliberately on these occasions, and I think it was this more than anything else that triggered my DL side. I think Mum suspected that I did it on purpose sometimes, but she never said anything.

I remained accident free until I began to have genune bedwetting accidents again in my thirties. They were infrequent and sporadic at first, but gradually over the years became something that happened more often than not. In the last twenty years or so a combination of diabetes, and OAB made my incontinence a daily thing, and following my prostatectomy become permanent. I now have little or no control of my bladder and wear nappies 24/7.
Seems like that was a nice surprise both still a nice information to get. Special if you have kids on your own one day.

IFloat said:
I stopped wearing my bed regularly around the age of 14. From then on I really worked hard at staying dry through high school with varied success. The bottom line is even if you only went to bed a couple of times a month at that age at some point it will be really humiliating. As I got into my late 20s for whatever reason I started waking up wet more often. Now in my Late 40s I wet my bed more nights than not.
Humm - When did I stop? - Well 53 now and has always been pretty much every night - a few exceptions, but NEVER more than one night. So I guess - NEVER.

Reactions: Diprs2, disabledinconben, Jim100 and 1 other person
Back