Not open for further replies.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I played it a lot. I never really got far, except on Alpha. I quit earlier this year, when I had 20 mil fleet totalled in the OO/BORG/SHLD/MIN/NPO vs 13th/CORM/several other guilds war.

(I was an OO member. Level 70 before I lost all that fleet.)[/font]

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Never played alpha play on delta and gamma myself.

[font="Calibri,Arial"]Which guild? What level? I played Delta in the start. I was in the top 10 for about two days. :p. The advantages of a username beginning with Ac :D.

I quit two weeks in, as I was too busy with Alpha.[/font]

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
In delta I am in CB and in Gamma I am in Troll.

[font="Calibri,Arial"]What levels are you?

Also, you should try Alpha. The server's culture is (or at least was) so different to the other servers. There's no farming newbies out of the game, there's several power blocs up top (rather than the far more common two factions).[/font]

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Level 47 in delta and level 29 in gamma. I farm newbies so gamma may not be for me. ;)

[font="Calibri,Arial"]Built your first DS yet? I never bothered. Too horribly expensive, and 1000 hours even on my best prod planet.[/font]

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Umm guys - could you perhaps tell those of us who don't know what it is a bit more about it. I'm assuming it is a browser based game and that it is probably sci-fi strategy, but I can't tell any details. Sounds like it could be fun, but been as that is based on very little information ... well it's hard to tell.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]It's a browser based mmo. Gameplay is similar to Cyber Nations or Tribal Wars for those who have played either of those.

Basically, your empire is made up of a number of planets (you start with one). On each planet you can make structures (improves the planets), defenses (along with your fleets, protects against attacks), fleet (used for attacking and defending), and technologies (improves your fleet or planets).

There are a few servers (7 when I left, with Gamma being the newest). Players usually join a guild. Until level 10, you can't be attacked. Between 10 and 20, a player has to be at most 5 levels higher than you. Between level 30, a player as to be at most 10 levels higher than you. Beyond level 30, you are fair game, so by this stage you've hopefully joined a guild and built some p-rings (the best defense) on your planets.

You gain money by building economy increasing structures (slow, but safer and more reliable) or by attacking other players. When you attack another player, some of the fleet destroyed gets turned into debris above the location of the battle. You can use units called recyclers to get money from the debris. The other way to make money from combat is to occupy your enemies base, which gives you 20% of the bases income for as long as the occupation lasts, and the opportunity to pillage once a day (which takes money from the other player).

There are two special NPC empires. The Drekons, who come in infrequent waves and attack high level players, and the United Colonies who are made up of the bases of players whose accounts have been deleted for inactivity (1 month on a free account, on expiry if inactive for a month with a paid account).

It's a fun game, and I'd recommend it to anyone. The reason I quit, is once you get around the level 70 region (which was after 2 years for me), there is not a lot new to do, except watch the numbers of stuff you build go up, but up until then it was a very good game.

Some things to note:
- A free account is deleted after around a month of inactivity (every so often, all frees with over 1 month inactivity are deleted, so it could be as long as 40 days).
- Build defenses. Lots of them. Or you will get slaughtered as soon as you hit level 30.
- Despite what logic would say, newer servers are less newbie friendly. On older servers, the highly skilled players/guilds are around lvl 100, and preoccupied with fighting each other. On newer servers those same players are the same level as you, and so can attack you even before you reach level 30.

This is a short explanation, it can get quite complicated, but it's enough if anyone feels like giving it a go.[/font]

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
Astro Empires seems a bit biased in favor of people who pay. I don't see much point. I tried it once and was angered by the limits.

I like Star Kingdoms though. It's kinda similar, but a lot different too. (a friend on ADISC showed it to me, actually XD ) It has rounds that last about two months rather than never-ending games. (though it has other servers and I'm not sure how long those rounds last)

I used to play Ogame for about a year, but I got tired of the way it worked. You had to send your ships away for hours at a time. It was a fun game, but that strategy was dumb.... and so I quit.

Solar Empire is another one I used to play. (not Sins of a Solar Empire) It's a LOT different though. (and I think the code is open source now.)

I play cybernations, but I only login once every few days. It's getting boring 'cause my friends quit, but I'd hate to delete my nation now!

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Astro Empires seems a bit biased in favor of people who pay. I don't see much point. I tried it once and was angered by the limits.

[font="Calibri,Arial"]Meh, I'm used to games being like that. That said, for 2/3 of the time that I played it I was a paid member.[/font]

I like Star Kingdoms though. It's kinda similar, but a lot different too. (a friend on ADISC showed it to me, actually XD ) It has rounds that last about two months rather than never-ending games. (though it has other servers and I'm not sure how long those rounds last)

I used to play Ogame for about a year, but I got tired of the way it worked. You had to send your ships away for hours at a time. It was a fun game, but that strategy was dumb.... and so I quit.

Solar Empire is another one I used to play. (not Sins of a Solar Empire) It's a LOT different though. (and I think the code is open source now.)

[font="Calibri,Arial"]Links for these?[/font]
I play cybernations, but I only login once every few days. It's getting boring 'cause my friends quit, but I'd hate to delete my nation now!
[font="Calibri,Arial"]That's kind of how I started with Astro Empires. I gave my account away to my brother at the end, because I didn't want to delete it, but was bored of the game in the end.
[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.