Ashamed.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Plain and simple, I wear diapers for need. I am wanting to have a little fun and do some baby little diapers designs. Cloth included.
Yeah given my situation everyone pretty much knows that I wear diapers for some reason or another but the babyish print would be going to far to me.
The cloth diapers are for the evening but still ashamed because of the print. My son knows I wear but at the same time he may not understand the print.
Just not sure what to do.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, GatoChihuahua, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others

rennecfox

Continuing to put quarters in the life game
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
You need to wear a diaper for a medical need, it doesn’t matter what they look like, as they come in quite a wide variety of styles…. What works for you should be the big concern, not sure why your son would be concerned with it as diapers are underwear, would you be worried about him questioning if you were wearing panties if they had hearts on them?

Reactions: PNW509Little and GatoChihuahua

CheekyCharlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Does your son need to know you got printed diapers? Does anyone need to know? Think of it like your underwear. Would anyone around you necessarily need to know whether you're wearing boxers or briefs, or what color they, or whether they have prints or designs? Unfortunately, due to necessity people around you know you're wearing, but that doesn't mean they know or care what they look like. IF someone happens to notice, just say "It's bad enough I have to wear diapers, let me at least have a little fun with my situation" lol. I don't think anyone would question you anymore after that or get into your business.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Garzilla and GatoChihuahua

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So you need diapers, why not have some fun with it? Like what's the difference between wearing childish print boxers or underwear than the same in printed diapers? Nothing. Like would anyone give a second thought if you wore boxers with dinosaurs, puppies, or other cute animal prints? No. It's the stigma of the diaper and the publics perception and association of baby looking diapers that's stopping you from wearing what's comfortable. I understand the way you're feeling though and it's a hard place to be.
BTW, not all ABDL diapers are childish and infantile looking. Look around at the various ABDL companies.
Also cover up around your son. What he doesn't see he won't be able to question you on.

Last edited:
Reactions: PNW509Little, Dinotopian2002, GatoChihuahua and 2 others

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
lilshelly said:
Plain and simple, I wear diapers for need. I am wanting to have a little fun and do some baby little diapers designs. Cloth included.
Yeah given my situation everyone pretty much knows that I wear diapers for some reason or another but the babyish print would be going to far to me.
The cloth diapers are for the evening but still ashamed because of the print. My son knows I wear but at the same time he may not understand the print.
I’d just say they are cheaper to buy than the plain ones, if you need them it shouldn’t really matter what you wear 👍🏻

Reactions: MaxxH and lilshelly

ARBBB2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I would support you going for little girl diapers, or try a mermaid first? Are u going to get a bottle or paci, I sleep and suck on one of my paci every night, and never drop it, must be the subconscious baby in me! Honestly I wear every night because I want to, but always wear jazmmies that cover, so no one knows I am diapered, although I sure would love to wear only diapers, plastic p. and a babies t shirt!

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
There is nothing wrong with an adult who needs (or wants) diapers to want to have nice prints on them.

The way I see it, if you went out to a clothing store to buy some new casual shirts or a nice top are you going to buy completely plain solid coloured clothing or are you going to buy something that has a design or print that you like or shows off an interest (how many adults out there wear marvel clothing or something that makes a statement about who they are and what they like).

If you are buying clothes that make you feel good because of a print why does a diaper have to be any different, especially if you are wearing because you have to, in that case you may as well find some that make you feel better about the need because they look nice.

Reactions: PNW509Little, GatoChihuahua and lilshelly

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
lilshelly said:
Same here for plan & simple diapers etc. Btw, i like ur pfp i love back to the future

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
You don't have to explain anything to anybody. You like what you like.

I need my diapers. I like cute designs and colors. That's enough explanation for anybody.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, dlover and RetroGirl15

bbMe

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Get what diaper you want what you like. He won't know the difference. If he asks... "those are the ones I like".

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
lilshelly said:
I’ve thought about embroidering a hazardous waste symbolic on the rear of my cloth contours and prefolds. It might be better if I just get a rubber stamp of the hazardous waste symbol made and I could ink it and stamp the back of my plastic pants and the Abena Abri-Form M-4’s I sometimes wear! In an earlier post I had thought about manufacturing a kit of various rubber stamps of babyish designs and symbols with various colors of ink so that plain white diapers could be “babied up” by those ABDL who prefer their butt wrappers with a more infantile orientation, but I’ve never gotten that off the drawing board…..yet. Could possibly have a more “DL” orientated kit with the hazardous waste symbol, “just a moment I’m downloading” stamp, the 💩symbol, or something more adult and the appropriate ink to go with it.

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If they are hidden under your clothes then what does it matter what they have on them as no one other than you or the supplier will see any way unless you leave them lying around to be seen.
If its your thing then go for it as you need to be comfortable with your underwear no matter what type it is!

Last edited:

mickdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Well… I mean - if you enjoy designing diapers with such prints and wearing them that's OK of course. Do what you like to do and what makes you happy but be carfull if you involve otheres.
I think it's none of your son's business and may lead to weird questions that you may not want to answer to your family or your urologist.

As long as you move in the scene is all OK and good. Whether it is such a good idea to "peddle" around I dare to doubt....

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear full time and it so nice to have a wide range of different diaper to pick from and wear ! Almost not quite, like having different kind of under panties to pick from ...

Dinotopian2002

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey @lilshelly

Totally get where you’re coming from - like you I’m in diapers for medical reasons - and my family know I need to wear them.
I also wear diapers with different colours & prints openly when I need the extra capacity and no-one has called me a baby for it.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to wear printed diapers - especially if it help you feel better about needing to wear them. Cloth diapers by nature are more likely to come in different fabrics and colours.

If you’re so concerned about your different coloured underwear showing, then I’d suggest to get some plain-coloured onesies. This will keep your padding under wraps and fixed in place. A lot of IC people who aren’t ABDL wear them because they can help your diapers be more discreet.

Think of it this way, it’s just underwear, whatever colour it is. What matters most is that 1. It keeps you dry and 2. You feel good wearing it.

As for being concerned about what your son thinks, providing he knows you need to wear for medical reasons, it shouldn’t be too difficult a conversation to have. All you’d need to say is that his mom gets bored of having all her underwear the same colour, and would like to try something different.

Whatever you say to him, I’d keep it age-appropriate, but the more open you can be about this with him, the easier it will be for you to manage. This is a medical issue for you, not a dirty secret to be ashamed of.
I hope this helps

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

MaxxH

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If it comes up: "Look, I know it's weird, but I caught a clearance sale. They were cheaper than the plain ones, maybe a marketing idea that didn't go well"