ASDA Teenager Day and Night Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I popped to my local ASDA superstore today and they've started a new line of "Day and Night" pants for teenagers. This replaces their previous "night pants" which were manufactured in Mexico. These are manufactured in Europe.
These new pants are £4 per pack and the boys designs feature footballs on the pants and the girls ones feature pink ribbons.

The blurb on the pack itself says

"Accidents happen, no matter how old we are. And even if your child is confident going to the toilet, it's not always easy staying dry all the time. Which is why we've made our day and night pants, with their discreet design and comfy flexible sides to give your child the confident to make the most of their day and sleep easy at night"

I'll upload photos later on this evening.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
That's amazing but I would be embarrassed to get them since I physically look like a teenager

S

Southstuart

Are these the same as the bedtime pants they had before?

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
OH MY GOD!!! That is so cool! I love that they are marketing the product for daytime use, too! Here's to hoping that this is a first step toward larger tape-on diapers, too!

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If they're marketed for ages up to 12, how are they "pants for teenagers"?

SirCadvan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
No, completely different- different design, thicker and different manufacturer

I looked at the website and it says that they are still manufactured in Mexico. Where are you guys seeing that they are manufactured in Europe?

Written on I 80 in NV -PT-

areplicasrodeo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't believe this is real, they're selling pullups for teenagers marketed for daytime use?

SirCadvan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Looking at the packages, it seems that these are made for 8 to 12 years old. By definition you would say that these are for kids/preteens. However, these are marketed for day and night use.

Written on I 80 in NV -PT-

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Suppose, 12 is the normal age to start high school here in the UK so marketing a daytime pull up right up to that age is very brave.
From what I've seen on the shelves there selling ok considering drynites are 2 for £7 in asda just now.
I got a both designs in a large last week.
They seem like a pretty good product compared against some 2013 boys l / xl drynights, there a bit smaller in both dimensions and the sides aren't as strong, but the padding is full length and full absorbancy waist band to waist band and the pad is narrower than the waterproof part of the pant giving the gel room to expand.
For me this makes them much less likely to leak than the drynites, think I tested their working absorbency at around 650 grams.

As far as marketing goes, which is where these are far more interesting, if these are for kids who aren't confident using the toilet during the day, have regular accidents and bedwetting, that's at least 3 pants a day so why have they made the pack sizes so small there should really be around 16/12 per pack if there going to be £4 a pack without a 3 for £10 offer.
Especially considering, going by weight range alone the size 6+ nappies sit right between the small and large sizes at 20+ kgs but come in much larger packs.
There is also plenty of room left in the range for a (unisex?) 12+ years xl version if they choose to make one.

JoJo1993

Rep for ABU
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Wow! I hadn't heard of these until now - shall have to go see if I can find some at Asda. Very surprised they have marketed it like this, and the price is very good too. Will be interesting to see how long they stay around for.

sambus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
No, completely different- different design, thicker and different manufacturer

Just got some and they seem very similar to the bedtime pants as far as I remember, I'll have to dig a pair of the bedtime pants out of the loft but I'm sure its just different graphics on the pants and different package graphics. Think the package is the same size as well so if it contains the same number, they must be the same thickness surely. Great new idea to market them for day use as well, think they've beat the big brands to this.

aNerdyAnorak

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Wow, at first I didn't believe the "day" part of the product. And had to look twice. Dare I say this is amazing?

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Any way to get these delivered to the US? Or anyone willing to list them on ebay w/ international shipping? Name your price.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
And the girls ones have an ugly combination of red bows and pink dots, the boys design is nicer imo

Status
Not open for further replies.