Argh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've just bought another bag of Tena Slip and there seems to be a problem with every single one, there are NO tapes! :wallbash:

I don't really want to take them back either.

I've emailed Tena but I'm pretty annoyed right now :eek:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Yowch, that's a pretty major failing of quality control! Here I was bitter about my last pack of Depends going short on the tape backing on the left-side. I've had to be very careful pulling them back or it pulls the tape and the backing away from the diaper itself. I hope Tena will make that right with you.

E

Elli

No tapes!! Gah, that's pretty annoying! And I can understand how you might not want to take them back.

I know I have said this a few times in other threads, but double-sided tape is useful with nappies. If you decide to recreate your own tapes, you could stick a strip on the nappies but leave the backing paper on, so you can use it whenever you normally would without having to find a roll of tape each time. I use it to 'resticky' my tapes. I use the 'Duck' brand and find it very strong.

Maybe your complaint to Tena could result in some freebies as an apology!! Could work out well! :)

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Maybe do what I have done with chocolate bars: mail it to them with the hazelnut shell, and write a letter. Presto - coupon for a free case on the way!! Warning: they are wise to fraud, so only do this with a genuinely defective product.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yowch, that's a pretty major failing of quality control! Here I was bitter about my last pack of Depends going short on the tape backing on the left-side. I've had to be very careful pulling them back or it pulls the tape and the backing away from the diaper itself. I hope Tena will make that right with you.

I had this same problem... Center tape left side....

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Wow. I've never heard of that problem. They're probably going to have a lot of returns, because it sounds like a manufacturing problem. They accidentally shipped product before they realized one of their machines was malfunctioning. Oopsy.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Tena will most likely want the package back to research what has gone wrong.

I suggest you decline their offer to send you a new one in the mail and instead as for a refund of the price you paid for them and postage to send them the faulty set of diapers.

Peachy

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I had an problem with some Abena's. I contacted XP Medical about it. Gary asked me for the lot number, confirmed with the factory that this was a valid claim, and sent good diapers. I was asked to keep the defective ones, which are usable with 1" waterproof adhesive tape. Contact your seller or dealer, see if they'll provide the same service.
I like that, above, getting diapers for chocolate! Or sumpin'.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
not heard of a problem like since the early 90s.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I had a lot of problems with Tena's quality control. That's why I don't buy from them anymore.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've never had any problems with them before!

It seems very very strange how a full package of diapers (infact, I would guess more than 1 package) managed to be dispatched to stores to be sold with such a major defect??

I await a response from Tena and I will specifically tell them not to send anything to my house and that I would like a full refund paid into my bank account or for them to contact the store I usually purchase them, send them the package and allow me to collect it from there!

But I do have to say - It's put me off buying Tena now! :(

wayward1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
what about duct tape!.....lol
sorry. Duct tape fixes all.

J

Jag

Well, as a friend of mine says, "if at first you don't succeed, you're not using enough duct tape." In other words, I'd recommend using some duct tape to remidate this problem.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
what about duct tape!.....lol
sorry. Duct tape fixes all.
Well, as a friend of mine says, "if at first you don't succeed, you're not using enough duct tape." In other words, I'd recommend using some duct tape to remidate this problem.

Reminds me of something I heard a few years back:
If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, then use WD-40.
So funny...

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I know Duct tape used to make white duct tape, and I suspect they still do. I bought it at a hardware store. Great sticky ability and being white it should keep that baby feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.