Status
Not open for further replies.

BadPenny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Eep! I am not a tasty meat snack, cat! Please stop trying to eat me!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Punch it right in the face. Let it smell your hand before you go trying to pet it. Some cats don't want just anyone petting them until they get a little familiar with you

BadPenny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Punch it right in the face. Let it smell your hand before you go trying to pet it. Some cats don't want just anyone petting them until they get a little familiar with you

Familiar? Julia's only known me for 10 years. You would have thought that she would have figured out by now if I'm edible or not.

MsClara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
One of the cats who lives with me (a cat is never "yours" it just hangs around in return for food) has started doing this, even though he's been with us since he was a kitten and he's 6/7 now...

I think it maybe revenge for changing him to a primarily dry-food diet.

M

Mako

Is it a mean biting, or playful biting? A lot of time a cat will start play biting because your unknowingly making it fun for him.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Familiar? Julia's only known me for 10 years. You would have thought that she would have figured out by now if I'm edible or not.

Well give us more information about your cat next time, and I won't have to assume she's new >_>

Maybe she's just not in the mood for whatever reason. Take her to the vet to see if something's wrong

BadPenny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Is it a mean biting, or playful biting? A lot of time a cat will start play biting because your unknowingly making it fun for him.

I think it's more of a "pay attention to me now" kind of thing. Or maybe it's because I'm cooking something and she wants her cut of the action now.

Cats are not known to be bastions of patience.

M

Mako

I think it's more of a "pay attention to me now" kind of thing. Or maybe it's because I'm cooking something and she wants her cut of the action now.

Cats are not known to be bastions of patience.
Is it your hand or ankle she bites?

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
My cats do something like that often too. They're usually just being playful or asking for attention.

M

Mako

Any chunk of raw flesh she can sink her fangs into is fair game, it seems.
As much as I believe kitties deserve your undying devotion and servitude. If its an attention seeking nibble then this is the best way to teach it to stop. When your cat does it, give a cry of pain, even if fake. Then ignore and walk away from the cat. It'll learn that biting for attention only gives the opposite of its desired effects. If you reach down and pet it after biting you, then it'll think biting is an effective way of getting your attention.

Cats responses and behaviour towards you is heavily influenced by your reactions to its actions.

MsClara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
While we're talking cats....

The other cat who deigns to grace us with his presence, when not covering every comfortable chair with fur, has a habit of waiting behind corners or doors, and sticking out a paw to grab your ankle when you walk past....
he usually does this when he's hungry - is he just attention seeking, or could it be, as I suspect - he wants me to fall over and crack my head SO HE CAN FEAST ON THE GOO INSIDE??!

damn cat is out to get me...

BadPenny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I didn't want to mention, in case Julia reads this (I'm sure she understands English), but in the bedroom of my apartment, I have the cinderblocks, you see, cinderblocks I use to support my monolith TV set, you see, and every now and again I see her... licking the blocks. Now, I'm not saying anything, but the blocks seem to be getting... smaller. That's all I'm saying. I mean, she can't be eating them, right? Right?!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I didn't want to mention, in case Julia reads this (I'm sure she understands English), but in the bedroom of my apartment, I have the cinderblocks, you see, cinderblocks I use to support my monolith TV set, you see, and every now and again I see her... licking the blocks. Now, I'm not saying anything, but the blocks seem to be getting... smaller. That's all I'm saying. I mean, she can't be eating them, right? Right?!

That's probably just your imagination...I mean, one of my cats like to lick some plastic bags and other kinds of plastic things...

BadPenny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
That's probably just your imagination...I mean, one of my cats like to lick some plastic bags and other kinds of plastic things...

I've seen her chew on plastic. And paper. And clothing. And anything else she deems edible.

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Now, I'm not saying anything, but the blocks seem to be getting... smaller. That's all I'm saying. I mean, she can't be eating them, right? Right?!

All the local cats here have licked the houses down to cardboard boxes. Whoduhthunkit!! ;)

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I've seen her chew on plastic. And paper. And clothing. And anything else she deems edible.

Did you recognise the clothing she was eating? Maybe the clothing from a friend or loved one that mysteriously disapeared?...

BadPenny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Did you recognise the clothing she was eating? Maybe the clothing from a friend or loved one that mysteriously disapeared?...

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard from my next-door neighbours for a while. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.