Are you primarily a people person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Would you strike a conversation with a stranger if there was an blatant shared interest between you say a band t-shirt, browsing the same games, music genre aisle etc... or do you prefer to say nothing and go about your merry unsociable way?

Normally I wouldn't, I have friends who jump on any occasion to chat with somebody, the greater of the time it just comes across as awkward and embarrassing so I tend to avoid it unless someone approaches me first or looks confident enough to cope with small talk.

I'm trying to improve, afterall you never know when you've involuntarily missed an awesome person that you could have known if you said 'hi...'
I've tried, but largely been ignored. I'm disabled, and some folks just would rather not have much to do with us, conversationwise. Too bad. I have as much to offer. If someone approaches me first (noncreepy, if possible), and a convo starts, then you bet I'll ask about their shirt, or whatever else. I find people interesting, assholes or not.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
O god no.... Im probably the most unsociable person on earth, Id give up my nonexistent X-box just so noone would bother me.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I dont like people... I was at a concert, and some goth (not emo (I would know)) kid came over to me and said "hey! Same shirt!" I was like "oh... Cool..." then I walked away.

Another example: I did "Day of Silence" sure I did it for one or two Bi friends, but mostly because I wanted to be left alone.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I used to completely avoid strangers. I'm rapidly becoming more social, though. I'm afraid if I see someone on the street with a Coheed and Cambria shirt, I might accidentally glomp them. And steal the shirt. And the person. And run home.

fifigal

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Little
In general,I am not a very "out-going" person.I try to be polite and friendly when someone engages me in small-talk,but (for the most part) people scare me.I don't want to hurt them,or be hurt by them.I am sure that this has been a great loss on my part,I have probably missed the opportunity to have met some very interesting people and,perhaps,make some good friends.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I'll be honest, I hate people to no end unless I know them comfortably....

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Would you strike a conversation with a stranger if there was an blatant shared interest between you say a band t-shirt, browsing the same games, music genre aisle etc... or do you prefer to say nothing and go about your merry unsociable way?

Normally I wouldn't, I have friends who jump on any occasion to chat with somebody, the greater of the time it just comes across as awkward and embarrassing so I tend to avoid it unless someone approaches me first or looks confident enough to cope with small talk.

I'm trying to improve, afterall you never know when you've involuntarily missed an awesome person that you could have known if you said 'hi...'
Excalty the same with me.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nope. I'm exactly the same way, but if someone starts talking to me, I have no problem speaking to anyone, even in English. I don't have enough self-esteem to start talking to someone because I don't know if that person wants to talk, wants to talk about whatever I would tell them, and I'm a boring person anyway, I never know what to talk about.

For some reason, I really hate speaking English, but I naturally do when I'm outside, in a store or whatever. When I talk to people I don't know, I always expect them to speak English, even though I live in a primarily French-speaking city. Most of the time, it works, though.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I act like I am simply not there. Tough there was this time in gamespot a woman and her kid were asking for help in a world in Kingdom Hearts and I told them what to do so they wouldn't need to buy the guide. I told them how to get past the part which was a little confusing. It was some about the Alice In Wonderland world.

So pretty much I will talk about video games and my thoughts on the current video game systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.