Are You Infected By Revenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
is there a possibility for this world to move forward if we're constantly keeping count of all the mishaps of the past?
if we're constantly going "well you did this so we're going to embargo you" or "you did this so you're going to be docked in such and such sort of way" how are we ever going to move forward away from our past issues and to live a more complete life in the future?

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
I think taking revenge is a pretty immature way of dealing with things, and a shallow method of achieving short-lived satisfaction.

I'm certainly not the type of person to hold grudges. I think it's better if we forgive each other and move on.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
There's nothing I'd enjoy more than beating every person who ever wronged me with a bat, a specific number of times depending on their crime.
Revenge feels wonderful!

I agree that it's better to move on, forgive and so on. The world would be a better place.
It won't happen though, the desire to get revenge is just too great in some people and in groups of people. Everyone wants the final word too, it's hard to wipe the slate clean in disputes, because one party will feel like they've lost out.

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
is there a possibility for this world to move forward if we're constantly keeping count of all the mishaps of the past?
Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Some people deserve what's coming to them because they simply ****ed with people until they slipped up and messed with the wrong person. You're out of your mind if you think everyone doesn't deserve a good ass kicking every once and a while. I wouldn't want to live in a world where dicks don't get killed for being the dicks they are. The world is full of checks and balances, revenge being one of them.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
There is only one person I would like to inflict revenge on, I swear it seems that he hates me for no reason, will never stop bug me, make something that's good about me and turn it into something horrible, I will be sitting in class then all of a sudden he will yell out, right in front of the teacher, something about me that will piss me off so much, he made almost everyone in my homeroom hate me, except for like 2 people, he's the only person I've ever really physically hit out of anger, besides my sister, I beat him in the stomach with my flute case like 3 times.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Some people deserve what's coming to them because they simply ****ed with people until they slipped up and messed with the wrong person. You're out of your mind if you think everyone doesn't deserve a good ass kicking every once and a while. I wouldn't want to live in a world where dicks don't get killed for being the dicks they are. The world is full of checks and balances, revenge being one of them.
so then we should beat or kill anyone that has done us wrong? so where do we start and end at? who should be the first example?

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Revenge? No, I don't seek it. I am interested in justice, though. There's little point to me in seeking or even wishing ill on people for past wrongs, but it would be foolish to forget negative actions and ignore their consequences. If you forgive and forget all your bad treatment without careful judgment, you just encourage the bad behavior.

When someone engages in deliberate, repeated, negative behavior, I hold them accountable and if it's sufficiently negative, I won't have further dealings with them. Generally, it's less absolute than this and I try to remain open to the possiblity that people can change. Unfortunately, that happens a lot less than people who behave badly would like us to believe.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I Must admit I'm a bit infected by Revenge, It's something I can't fight.
It's a feeling I like to feel.

It's not a long term revenge, it's just the moment. Rage is so strong that I would break the face of the person who did something bad to me. Soon it turns into a feeling of Justice., because "he must pay for what he has done".

Revenge is a feeling that human being finds pleasant, almost necessary. It comes from the wild part hidden in our depth, that part we inherited from animals.

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
There's a fair balance between justice and forgiveness and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to hit the balancing point, much less please everyone.

While I love being able to exact revenge in one form or another...the good feelings only last so long, then it's straight back to the bad feelings I had before.

When I forgive, I don't feel quite as good as I do when I exact revenge, but that feeling LASTS.

Role
Private
normally for a couple of days after something happens I'm blinded by rage and revenge... but once I realise I probably won't actually do anything about it, I just drop the whole issue. I figure there's no point in holding a grudge since the world is violent enough. Plus I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a revenge-motivated attack - it's not fun. >_>

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
if we're constantly going "well you did this so we're going to embargo you" or "you did this so you're going to be docked in such and such sort of way" how are we ever going to move forward away from our past issues and to live a more complete life in the future?
Sort of like when you tried to flame me and Todd when you thought we flamed smakai (SP?)? Anyways yes there is a possibility our world moves forwards even with people out for revenge. Case in point the world has ALWAYS moved forward to better things despite anything else going "wrong". Friends change to enemies and enemies change to friends. We are friends with The UK, Japan as well as Germany and Russia yet we are not that much friends with the french anymore.

We had MAJOR wars with The UK, Japan and Germany and Russia and we fought alongside the french before. We also be friends with Iran somewhat before.

Role
Diaper Lover
Yes, I am. I would love to get back at many people.

A good deal of people are like this, and that is why we have the problems you described.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
However, if we do not remember the mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them. You learn from your mistakes, not forget them. In fact, The ONLY possibility for the world to move forward is if we remember the history. As a nation, we cannot simply hold grudges for conflicts long past, but merely forgetting them is a mistake of the same or greater caliber.

WWII was a product of WWI and the Treaty of Versailles, and the harsh punishments and the reparations placed on Germany. From a historical standpoint, we must ask, whose is the greater Fault? Germany for holding a grudge against the Allied powers? Or the Allied powers for placing the punishment on Germany? This is a question that must be answered, but is a difficult one.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Infected is a pretty interesting term to use alongside revenge. I see revenge as an exclusive human action. But I personally don't think infect should go with it, seeing as how revenge isn't some foreign body that has no place inside a person, or is some evil thing in itself.

I actually see revenge like a gun. It's a factor in an equation to me. Like when you put a person a + gun = situation with person b. That equation can only end so many ways... BUT, how it is dealt with is at said discretion of person a, the one with the gun. Even if how it is dealt with is to thrown said gun away, or decide it isn't needed. Same can be said about revenge.

You take a person who feels that revenge is necessary against a person, and they get in a situation where said revenge can be executed... That revenge can only be "revenge" many different ways, but the act of revenge in itself is nothing but an end from a means, the person delivering revenge, no matter how subtle, whatever, the one infecting. Of course, this isn't even ruling in those who decide revenge isn't necessary and discard the thought, or those who masquerade their own ideals of revenge as "Justice".

Do excuse the rant-mode there. I probably got off track, though I am rather tired.

All I mean to say is I believe that people with revenge in hand are more infectious than revenge itself. Speaking from experience.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the simple answer is yes, and i do tend to hold grudges sometimes depends what the person did really, eg beat up my lil bro i would go out hunt them down and beat them sence less

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
1.)If someone I knew died, I would want to know about it. Yes, losing someone is terrible, but that hard truth is still preferable to a lie. The reason? Because even if your "friend" tries to hide it from you, your going to find out eventually- which will really crush you, and leave you pissed at the person who lied to you.

2.)I think torture can be used in certain situations, such as the one suggested by Charlie, but is still morally wrong. One scumabg terrorist's life, to save thousands of my fellow country men? Sounds like a fair trade to me, but I wouldn't want to be the one to do the torturing.

3.)There is no greater good, only opinions and actions. One person's good, is another person's evil; its all a matter of perspective. But if had to guess what the greater good is, then I say that is to let people live their own lives, make their own decisions, and don't lie to them about dead lovers- or something like that...

4.)I don't seek revenge, I seek justice.
Wrong Thread!!!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The problem with revenge is that it plays into the retaliation game. The Middle East is a good example of that. The Palestinians attach Israel, and they retaliate, for ever and ever. At this point I do not understand why we are still embargoing Cuba. This seems to serve little purpose. On the other hand, the world is sanctioning Iran because they have expressed intentions of nuking Israel. The world has gone mad.

On a lighter note, I have a new next door neighbor. She is an old bit who is the nastiest person I have ever met. One night while I was at work, she called my wife to complain that our lawn people had the audacity of driving their lawn tractor across her lawn. They used to cut her lawn, but she had fired them because they had got lawn clippings on her sidewalk. She told us that they and all of us could no longer walk across her lawn to get to the side road where we sometimes park, and where I go for a walk. Weeks later, my son came to visit and he parked his Darango on the street by her house. She called the police because she said his vehicle was blocking the access to her side walk. The next time she calls the cops, I think I'm going to say, "I'm so worried about Mrs. Biddy. I'm afraid she's suffering from dementia and shouldn't be living alone. I think you better call social services." Boowahhaha! So this is how revenge works, and believe me, I'm thinking about it!

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Forgiving is wise, forgetting is stupid.

Although my blood is easy at boiling, I tend to control my rage because I feel that any revenge taken on the impulse of the moment puts me on the same level of the insulter. Instead, putting my insulter in the position of discrediting himself with his own words/actions is the best kind of revenge. In other words, something along the lines of "I don't give a damn about what you are saying/doing, because it's so plain dumb that everyone can see on their own how you're a plain a**hole!"

Speaking of problems of a broader scale, I believe that revenge is only a coverage to justify actions dictated only by greed, since the one and only reason that underlays wars, embargos, political decisions and all that stuff is... money. A wise friend of mine always says that by "following money" (see where they go and who takes economic benefits from something) you can easily understand nearly anything. But since people wouldn't be happy to bear disadvantages and loose lives just for the greed of a few people, what governments need is a sense of revenge to instillate into their citizens for making them support their actions.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Infected is a pretty interesting term to use alongside revenge. I see revenge as an exclusive human action. But I personally don't think infect should go with it, seeing as how revenge isn't some foreign body that has no place inside a person, or is some evil thing in itself.
the reason why i used the term 'infected' was because revenge likes to take over the whole being. it's not transferable by any other means unless you were the one of the parties with the initial grudge, but when you're affected by a certain event you can either let it go by forgiveness or let it take over your whole self.

Status
Not open for further replies.