Are you a person of faith or are you an atheist?

Kovalchuk coming down the ice- shot- SCORE!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
No arguments, please.

I'm faithful (Roman Catholic), how about you?

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Meh, I chose the latter cause my religion is just a bunch of different beliefs thrown together...

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If this thread even shows signs of turning into an argument, it will be closed down as fast as possible.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
^I understand. This is not something I intend, and it is why I specifically said no arguments.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Tempting fate eh? We just made it through a religon thread.

I am athiest/agnostic.

Nam

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Athiest. I have looked at a lot of evidence and cannot see the existence of a higher being as possible. So I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Religious im Baptist

i haven't gone to church in a while now since Sunday is my day off.. but i still believe in God and i try to live by his word as best i can.

Donnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Roman catholic, nice. Not my style but its still christian :)

I myself am Methodist

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm nothing. I believe in tons of different shit. I believe in personal religious theories, a lot of which are pretty karmic.

I'm flexible.

Last edited:

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I take different parts of different religions, throw my own thoughts and reasoning into it, coupled with magic and the existence of other Planes, and poof. My own religion.

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm pentacostal. (christian) Although I was raised pentacostal, I think I am starting to lean towards baptist more these days.

M

Mako

Atheist, I'll even go as far to say as anti-theist.

In the infinitely improbable chance I am wrong about the afterlife, I'd rather retain my humanity, and burn, then live an eternal life of servitude and obedience to a being who committed genocide on my people.

F

FullMetal

If this thread even shows signs of turning into an argument, it will be closed down as fast as possible.
That seems a bit jumpy, and I honestly don't think that was necessary. We are not five year old's, please refrain from talking down. The rules are self-explanatory, we are not idiots. Having the preconceived notion that threads will probably be closed due to your standing, seems to only contribute to the factor. Maybe you should have been a little more productive in the way you enforce, and answered the question asked in the thread, being an example to those other members who you think will cause you so much trouble

^I understand. This is not something I intend, and it is why I specifically said no arguments.
And don't think you have to answer to him just because of his position. You were not at fault in any sense of the word.

Anyway, I have never really believed in a higher power, but I envy those who do. Faith seems, to me, as though it could really help in certain situations.

FullMetal

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Non-Denominational Christian - not exactly a Bible-thumper, but I use it for encouragement and as a go-to when my conscience is unsure on something. I try and live by it and I read it every night, but I think there's more to a religion than its book.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Naturalist : I only beleive in things I can see , touch, test and verify . Siding with Mako on the slight chance that i am wrong.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
A liberal Christian. I don't go to church every Sunday, but I am very involved in my youth and certainly believe in God and salvation through Jesus. I don't agree with a lot of Christian ideology, but I think my problems with Christianity are more due to the church rather than questionings of God's character. I just have trouble believing that this world in all it's complexity and beauty came about by mere chance.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Eh In actuality I have no religion.
I don't like the preaching of All the religions out there.
I believe In god and the afterlife. But I do not believe in any of the teachings of any religion.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i'm afraid i can't answer the poll -- i'm not an atheist or agnostic, but i'm not religious either.

That seems a bit jumpy, and I honestly don't think that was necessary. We are not five year old's, please refrain from talking down. The rules are self-explanatory, we are not idiots. Having the preconceived notion that threads will probably be closed due to your standing, seems to only contribute to the factor. Maybe you should have been a little more productive in the way you enforce, and answered the question asked in the thread, being an example to those other members who you think will cause you so much trouble
well said. quoted for the truth.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
i'm afraid i can't answer the poll -- i'm not an atheist or agnostic, but i'm not religious either.
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a form of Agnosticism... though that's depending on what you meant. If you meant that you believe in God, but don't actively participate in religion, then yeah, I guess there isn't a poll option for you. I'm honestly not sure what option to pick myself.

I'm Catholic, technically. I think there's a God, but I don't claim it as a fact. (And I haven't exactly been involved with my church lately) That's where I guess my beliefs start to differ a bit. (since most religions seem to teach that they're definitely right) I admit that maybe there's a chance that there's no God/deity, or that God is nothing like my beliefs, but there's surely nothing that makes the existence of a deity impossible. I choose to believe in God, though I do not take everything in the Bible 100% literally.

I'd rather retain my humanity, and burn, then live an eternal life of servitude and obedience to a being who committed genocide on my people.
Wait, what do you mean? I'll assume you're referring to some Biblical story? (please correct me there if I'm wrong) Well, what genocide? And why do you assume that God would require servitude and obedience? What if God/deity/deities is nothing like that story? Are you an atheist just to be anti-christian? (not as in hate for Christians, but hate against the belief) You're allowed to have your own beliefs. Your beliefs don't have to conform to some widely-practiced religion, but you shouldn't choose that belief just because you don't like Christianity. I don't suggest converting or anything, but I do recommend that your re-examine why you believe what you believe. I'm not trying to tell you what to do if that's how this seems, but I'm telling you what I would do.
Or... Maybe I was wrong about the above. Maybe you're simply saying you wouldn't want to serve a vengeful god.... I can kinda agree with that. But who knows if God is vengeful? I personally don't think so.
(sorry if I'm way off or offending you somehow... I read over this 53094289 times and had to eventually just post it or let it all be wasted time. Not to mention editing quite a few times. And please explain further if I was completely off base with my assumptions. I just want to try to discuss and understand.)

Status
Not open for further replies.