Are we born with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybike2

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Actually we are all sexual beings from the moment we are born until the moment we die. Just because a child has not reached sexual maturity doesn't mean they are not sexual, although the experience would be a little different. I even believe there is sometimes a link between an early attraction to diapers and the later sexualization of that experience.

I agree that we are sexual beings from birth. We are born male or female and with a very strong gender idenity (there are of course a few exceptions). Being the father of three I have witnessed very specific gender based behavior from very on in my kids. Also, young males, including babies, often have erections but these are mostly involuntary. No doubt it possible to discover pleasure in our erogenous zones before puberty, but I maintain this is not sexual because it not sexually driven, i.e. no hormones are involved. This why our society refers to pre-adolesence as the age of innoceince.

B

buuttcheek

I remember thinking about diapers at a very young age, too early for puberty to even be close to a factor, I'm talking 6 years old. I would really like to know what caused that, as I didn't ever do anything weird I can remember that I can define as the reason I like diapers today. Although none of use can think of an exact reason, can any of you remember anything like what I do? Any really early diaper related thoughts?

amymawson

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i started to have intrests in diapers when i was about 9 or 10 . i think its something we were born with or something we become to like when little kids still in diapers

GolfCub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It could be an imprinting thing, or a security mechanism, like long hair for me.

maxipoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I believe we develop it during our childhood, wether that be in our infantile state or our playful child years.

kwolf1175

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
i think K wolf a can answer that for all you babies . NOW ARE WE BORN WITH IT ? .... well that depends in fact imma answer that question with another question have any of you had the thought of wearing a diaper with out knowing that there are others out there that think the same as you? ask your self that and you'll have your answer babies. now thanks for listening this your caretaker and daddy K WOLF giving you tender love and care no matter how bad you are. now for a public service announcement : caretakers please don't for get to burp your babies they might get a tummy ache. that is all.

Furcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I do not think we born with it because they are decisions we make in our lives and experience gained over time, is as a lifestyle not something genetic. In my case I wanted have diapers at 5 years old because I felt comfortable and safe. Today, I use it for night, when I study, play video games and movies.

CindyMarie

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I was punished with diapers but was attracted to them first.

When I was six, I found some cloth diapers that had been wet in and had dried. They had a sweet smell that stirred something inside me and I hid them. Later, I spread them out and wet on them though I never tried them on. I still don't understand what made me do that but I did feel helplessly compelled.

Much later, possibly a year or more, I was caught wetting outdoors behind a tree. For not wanting to use the bathroom like a big boy, I was forced into diapers and stood in front of my playmates to be laughed at and called a baby. I was kept diapered all day including having to wet them and then made to sleep in the still damp diapers that night. The humiliation and shame was beyond words.

I was never diapered again but several years later, around age 12, I found myself suddenly sexually aroused when I saw some diapers on a clothes line and was uncontrollably possessed into stealing a couple to wear. That was over 60 years ago and I'm still turned onto wearing cloth diapers but always with the image of being forced against my will and having visions of again being stood in front of those children while they laugh at me.

Was I born with the predisposition for diapers or was it the shame and humiliation that made me become an ABDL? I still don't know but I guess it could be both.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I agree that we are sexual beings from birth. We are born male or female and with a very strong gender idenity (there are of course a few exceptions). Being the father of three I have witnessed very specific gender based behavior from very on in my kids. Also, young males, including babies, often have erections but these are mostly involuntary. No doubt it possible to discover pleasure in our erogenous zones before puberty, but I maintain this is not sexual because it not sexually driven, i.e. no hormones are involved. This why our society refers to pre-adolesence as the age of innoceince.

A lack of hormones, or lower levels, doesn't mean these natural things are not sexual. Too many people have a strange hang up about sexuality to the point that they could never imagine a child as being a sexual being. Yet, all of us are. I do agree that young children are innocent and that intent will change when a child enters puberty and grows into adulthood.

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To paraphrase Procol Harum (before your time, don't worry about it)
Some say it's nature, some say it's not
All in all, it's all the same.
But call me if there's any change.

Cheers

jjlljj11

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I don't believe there is any way you could be born with a diaper fetish - not sure of the exact date of the invention of the diaper, but it was well after the establishment of humans on this earth. But it's interesting to think about why people develop this or any fetish. I'm no psychotherapist, but I think it's probably related to experiences you have at a time in your life in which your sexuality is developing (which I believe happens at a pretty young age in males, like me). Things are hard-wired into your brain somehow. I'm also speaking from the point of view of someone who was "conditioned" from the age of about 4. Sexuality is very, very complex, and as soon as one person tries to make generalizations, you realize that no one really knows how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add, I'm coming at the ABDL thing from a sexual standpoint, which many people aren't, and I apologize if I offend anyone who isn't and vehemently disagrees with me

Saphiron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Compared to my friends, I seem to have an unusually lucid memory of my early childhood days, including remembering many of my emotions and what I was thinking about, including diaper changes. Potty training wasn't pleasant. I could go into detail about everything, but I think I'll leave it at that.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Do you think we are born with the desire to wear or does something in the environment cause us to get it or is it both?

I have heard we are born with it but I didn't start getting diaper desires until I was nine years old. But I am thinking we could be born with it but something in the environment will have to trigger it to make us get the desire. Some of us have always been into it since being potty trained and some others get into it in their teens or adulthood or somewhere in their childhood. Everyone with it is different. Is it possible to be born with it but not ever get it because nothing in your life has ever triggered it to cause you to start? Some people will say they "discovered it" when they started rather than develop it.

Research I've read about seems to make a pretty good case that we are born with a genetic predisposition to aquire many of our sexual characteristics at critical times during our early development. Our sexual preferences aren't hardwired in at birth but become hardwired within a couple of years after our birth. The process is called imprinting to differentiate it from the normal learning process that is also taking place at that time (and all the time).

The idea of imprinting appeals to me as an explanation for fetish-like behavior because imprinting is known to cause bizare associations that tend to be permanent. Normally, imprinting will operate as expected, getting us to identify with the gender we were born with, turning us into heterosexuals, and setting up our preferences for later in life when we discover (rediscover?) the joys of sex. However, it is possible that at some of those critical moments in our development something other than the normal trigger fired off an imprinted trait that became permanent from that moment on.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm part of the group that started extremely young. I had a string of diaper related interests from ages 3-5 only to have it suddenly die out at age 6. It then later resurfaced at age 11 or so, and I didn't recall that I had had prior diaper interests until my parents caught me. I was 14 and they made a comment that I had done this before (sudden memory return was sudden).

After being discovered my parents tried taking me to a psychologist about it. Basically the best we could come up with was a traumatic event when I was an infant (my father died) imprinted a state of tragedy in my early mind. Part of that "pre-tragedy" time was diaper wearing so as a child I sought diapers. Then as I got older (age 6) I had enough cognitive dissonance to not seem them. When I was 11 sexual tendencies started and the diaper interests got intertwined during that whole physiological crazy time known as puberty. Part of the sexual tendency intertwinement was justified that I'm DL and not AB.

To clarify the parents that took me to the psychologist was my mom and step dad.

Then again I was toilet trained when I was young (I believe by the age of 2). I recall some people mention that as a cause. So maybe that was a contributing factor, 'shrugs'.

On the nature side I've got something to throw into discission. Has anyone heard of their parents being diaper interested? I don't mean like mom and dad being AB/DLs but like in my case it was a story from my grandmother. She mentioned my dad was problematic during toilet training. He was compliant for urinating but he refused to notify grandma (his mom) about messing his diaper. Apparently he just preferred to use his diaper.

MisterRabbit

from the Council of Bunningston
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
All humans are born with the capacity to form pleasurable associations with objects and situations. Eating chocolate, being tied up and wearing diapers are all experiences that have the potential to create these kinds of psychological bonds.

If you like wearing diapers, it is because you wore them at some point in your life and you liked the experience. You like the sensation of wearing them and what that situation represents for you. (What that situation represents varies from person to person.)

Proof of this resides in the fact that people prefer to wear the kind of diapers that they have grown to know and love. (A person who was raised with cloth diapers will prefer cloth diapers, etc.)

On another note, both my brother and I have this fetish and we remember events that have without a doubt shaped what we like about diapers and the kinds that we like to wear. I am 100% sure that I have learned to love diapers just as much as I have learned to love pretty much everything else I love.

The only genetic predisposition we have as human beings who love wearing diapers is a capacity to love various things. In this light, I would say liking diapers is about as normal as liking chocolate. It is the social stigma and our perception of what normal adults should like that creates the internal conflict.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
If you like wearing diapers, it is because you wore them at some point in your life and you liked the experience. You like the sensation of wearing them and what that situation represents for you. (What that situation represents varies from person to person.)

Proof of this resides in the fact that people prefer to wear the kind of diapers that they have grown to know and love. (A person who was raised with cloth diapers will prefer cloth diapers, etc.)

Not true in my case... I was raised exclusively in cloth, but as an adult prefer disposables. :-/

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Not true in my case... I was raised exclusively in cloth, but as an adult prefer disposables. :-/

Also agree, same for me, though either is OK. Its really about the association for me anyway.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Research I've read about seems to make a pretty good case that we are born with a genetic predisposition to aquire many of our sexual characteristics at critical times during our early development. Our sexual preferences aren't hardwired in at birth but become hardwired within a couple of years after our birth. The process is called imprinting to differentiate it from the normal learning process that is also taking place at that time (and all the time).

The idea of imprinting appeals to me as an explanation for fetish-like behavior because imprinting is known to cause bizare associations that tend to be permanent. Normally, imprinting will operate as expected, getting us to identify with the gender we were born with, turning us into heterosexuals, and setting up our preferences for later in life when we discover (rediscover?) the joys of sex. However, it is possible that at some of those critical moments in our development something other than the normal trigger fired off an imprinted trait that became permanent from that moment on.

Imprinting and genetics are two different things. I am sure a fair bit of imprinting could easily explain part of this but I fail to see a genetic link either for the imprinting itself of any of the interests that we might be talking about.

If the attribute develops as a result of environment after birth then it is not a genetic factor.

tiny1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I do know that from 4 years I was already interested in diapers. I did bed-wet though.. I still remember I always envi other baby's and childeren up to 5 years who still had to wear diapers during day / night.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I do know that from 4 years I was already interested in diapers. I did bed-wet though.. I still remember I always envi other baby's and childeren up to 5 years who still had to wear diapers during day / night.

This was pretty much the case for me as well. I do believe this is pretty common, at least in the AB/DL world.

Status
Not open for further replies.