are tykables really THAT good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxroxsox said:
Something that should be noted for All of Tykables. Oder control is the best there is. I currently have over 25 different types of diaper in my playroom, and have tried a hundred more. Nothing has ever beat Tykables for Oder control.

Oh yeah..! This!
No other diaper performs as good with odor control :--O
One of my favorite diapers are the old Comficare or now-a-days with a new name; Forsite. But their odor control was absolutely horrible. They claimed on the package they have it, but honestly their odor control just makes the diaper smell WORSE x) I guess that masks the pee smell, too lol

Last edited:
Ultimately, you’re going to find both sides to the discussion because everyone likes certain things a certain way, and they find some diapers are personally better than others in their opinion.

I will say that I enjoy Tykabkes myself. I’m bummed that the lighter absorbency diapers were discontinued because in my opinion, they were perfect for daytime use. That being said, the diapers they currently have are great, personally speaking. The Velcro tabs tend to work a bit better for me than typical taped tabs, and the cut and sizing is more generous compared to other brands, again personally speaking. Absorbency with their products is on par with many other brands, as is quality of materials.

Really though, it comes down to personal preference and what you like and don’t like in a diaper. You could always get a sample and try them out, it couldn’t hurt.

Reactions: TyphaHare
My only 2 quirps is that even their large is not large enough (then again I am overweight and normally fit a large anyway) and they are too noisy if you want to wear one with pepes around, though granted I haven't tried the new Tykables.

I’ve only tried tykables little builders, and just today I got a case of their dinosaur themed diapers “little rawrs” and I have to say, they are top quality. when it comes to the way the plastic is on the outside of a diaper, I can be kind of picky. and the plastic on these is perfect! almost a velvet like smoothness. not to mention as OP’s have stated, the Velcro landing zone is really a great feature for someone who has to re tape/ or go #2 but doesn’t want to in a diaper. not to mention the designs on their diapers are some of the cutest! I love the dinosaur designs on these rawrs! they are a bit pricey, but the larger amount you buy, the more you save. Definitely worth trying out!

I think crinklz are way better in my opinion. The only reason I like tykables was that they had the ability to refasten the tabs. They aren't as absorbent as crinklz.

With permission of my girlfriend and after being hugely disappointed by abu with there new diaper release I decided and just took the plunge on ordering 2 cases of tykables little rawrs and galactic. Cant wait to try them out and put them through there paces.

received both cases yesterday, opened the rawrs case 1st. My first impression of this diaper is pretty good. They are wider then the tykables overnights. The plastic is a bit crinklier, but smooth (aka more crisp) the tapes are the same type as overnights, and the adhesion is just as strong if not stronger, with better connection to the back sheet, no real scents with these, I heard of some complaints regarding a plastic factory smell, none with this batch.
The rawrs diaper starts off thinner and softer then the overnight, not much thinner, but still thinner, absorbency wise, these are thirsty diapers, they do indeed swell a lot but also wick pretty good, the wetter the diaper get the softer it gets, including the outside plastic shell.
I agree with many other people that tykables did a great job with there new line of little rawrs and galactic, zero complaints so far.
EAC2B457-3099-4D8A-9EF9-D761BC9C24D8.png5FAFDC4B-1A39-4704-9D37-18355ACC4517.png

Attachments

• 73A8715E-0AB7-481B-B1D5-0CEAAABE6A7C.png
    73A8715E-0AB7-481B-B1D5-0CEAAABE6A7C.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 24F31E10-D3E7-4D06-ADFD-EC7252D2EE09.png
    24F31E10-D3E7-4D06-ADFD-EC7252D2EE09.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 0EB13F90-2071-4BEC-9B8B-A9A82DCA4A49.png
    0EB13F90-2071-4BEC-9B8B-A9A82DCA4A49.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Wow these guys are thirsty diapers and the fit really hugs your butt, normally I feel like the rear seat is a little loose, but the tape placement and cut on these really makes a difference, very good job @todaler take a bow for these guys.

I like them, but I dont love them simply because I would rather a Diaper be Fully Plastic Backed, or Fully Cloth Backed

Tykables are a Hybrid with cloth paneling over a plastic backed Diaper, and that is my only quarrel with them

As for how you will like them; that depends on if you can get a good fit, if you like the prints, if they function well for you, etc.

I can say that at the very least they are very "beginner friendly" because of the Readjustable tapes, so you dont have to worry about perfect placement the 1st or 2nd time like may be the case with plastic backed Diapers and Sticky Tapes (because the tapes can lose stickiness, fold onto themselves, or possibly tear the diaper if they get put anywhere besides the landing zone)

I got a sample of the Overnight and it's amazing! Absorbsion is really good and the tapes are really good too. Although the landing zone being clothlike is a small little negative point for me, the option to refasten the diaper whenever you want is really handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back