Are there clues that a person may secretly like diapers and wetting in casual conversation.

ShyatFirst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How can you tell a person may secretly like diapers and wetting? Is it in their body language? tone of voice? what kind of things point to a person who may be ABDL.

I don’t think there’s any specific thing that is telling unless they say “I like diapers”. I guess if the person is wearing something very childish or an ABU hat, then it’s a clue, but I don’t know what else could be a giveaway. I mean, there’s no way anybody in my real life knows I like diapers based on the way I speak or act.

Reactions: Lewis Badger and ShyatFirst
I have no idea how to spot an ABDL unless they are wearing a peekabu hat or some other ABDL print on their clothes. Pacifiers are common with ravers/ecstasy so there's a good chance they are a Kandi Kid and not an ABDL.

My go to method for discovering people who like diapers, or if their ABDL side is unbeknownst to them, is along the lines of working diapers into a conversation... sometimes you have to wait for the right moment so that it flows into the conversation.

Examples of what I say...
  1. Some people wear diapers to the New Years Eve thing! sounds convenient I heard washrooms are hard to find
  2. Did you hear people are wearing diapers to Avengers! Why not eh?

Then I gauge their reaction (body language and what they say)

• Ewww thats seriously disgusting (ABORT)
  • Ewww omg hahah (CONTINUE DISCUSSION SLOWLY)
  • Yes it does seem convenient (CONTINUE DISCUSSION MEDIUM PACE)
  • I'd do it hehehe (GO BUY SOME DIAPERS)

• 😤 (ABORT)
  • 😨 (CONTINUE DISCUSSION SLOWLY)
  • 🤔 (CONTINUE DISCUSSION MEDIUM PACE)
  • 🤩 (GO BUY SOME DIAPERS)

If I get to continue the conversation then I usually say "ya, apparently adult diapers are cool now, theres even a company called Rearz that makes them with skulls and bones" etc...

I am currently putting some decals on my SUV, fishing ones like Walleye, Bass, Trout... and brands like Rapala, Bandit etc... I almost ordered this decal and stuck this on!

Reactions: Diaperlover96, TeaDumpling, SAPexpanded and 3 others
I don't think there's any outward signs other than those listed but as far as wetting I think it's likened to that of a child having an accident where there's that brief pauses/freeze, blank stare, release...unless totally incon, really used to it or some sort of OAB.

Reactions: ShyatFirst
I have a patch of the ABDL symbol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ABDL_symbol.svg) sewn onto the more expensive of the two bags of photography equipment I take on gigs. So far only one person has commented that they recognized it. I also wear a blue plastic bracelet with paw prints and "crinkle, crinkle" on it sometimes. No one has ever asked about it.

Reactions: TeaDumpling, neophyte and ShyatFirst
Some advice is better than no advise, thanks everybody. Maybe some others will read this and see something we're missing

perlFerret said:
I have a patch of the ABDL symbol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ABDL_symbol.svg) sewn onto the more expensive of the two bags of photography equipment I take on gigs. So far only one person has commented that they recognized it. I also wear a blue plastic bracelet with paw prints and "crinkle, crinkle" on it sometimes. No one has ever asked about it.

I had no idea this symbol existed! Is this a common knowledge thing among the ABDL community?

I honestly wouldn't ever try to bring something like this up in conversation even to test the waters because personally I think the possibilities of something bad or uncomfortable happening outweigh the good.

However, funny story, when I was living in a university residence for the past 8 months I would tend to leave my door open just to keep air flow and see people as they went by to their rooms, and every night at around 1am before he went to bed (I was usually up until 2-3am and had my door open until then) one of my best friends who had the room next door would come by and we'd talk for a bit. One night, somehow he ended up telling me about one time he had the stomach flu and was up constantly going to the bathroom and ended up just wearing adult diapers for a few days until it went down. He spoke very fondly of them and ended with "and that's why I think everyone should always have a bag of adult diapers on hand". After that we talked a little while longer and then said goodnight. I lay on my bed for about an hour after that just thinking about what he'd said and whether I should confide anything in him because of the way he spoke about it but ended up deciding against it. To this day I still cannot figure out how that story ever came up in conversation and what had happened if I had chosen to tell him, not necessarily about the whole AB thing, but even just show him that sure enough I did in fact have a stash of adult diapers under my bed. /story

• Wow
Reactions: SleepyBunny and Seasonedcitizen
neophyte said:
I had no idea this symbol existed! Is this a common knowledge thing among the ABDL community?
Good question. I don't know. I knew of it only through Google. There's a vendor at MFF that sells the patch in two sizes, though. She's usually in a corner of the Dealers' Den near the leather goods vendors.

neophyte said:
Not widely. For a time the secret symbol displayed was a safety/diaper pin attached to clothing/bags. It was subtle. I think that lost favor as it sort of became a meme that represented "safe places" and those that find humor in "safe place". It's also been used by a few other communities to represent different things.

Llayden said:
Not widely. For a time the secret symbol displayed was a safety/diaper pin attached to clothing/bags. It was subtle. I think that lost favor as it sort of became a meme that represented "safe places" and those that find humor in "safe place". It's also been used by a few other communities to represent different things.

I've seen the symbol online before, but would never dare to display it personally, essentially due to the lack of subtlety. More specifically, the lack of plausible deniability… if something as definitive as the "ABDL symbol" were to become known outside of ABDL circles, it could lead to potentially disastrous outing. By contrast, something more akin to a safety pin — a hint for those in the know, but inconspicuous and amounting to proof of nothing — seems a lot safer. (Where I come from, bullying is very much a thing.)

Hmmm… any ideas? ^.^

Reactions: SleepyBunny
I imagine the obvious diaper pin on clothing or bags has gone out of favor. Rose Kennedy wore one as an adult; she kept notes to herself pinned to her dress. Even if I'd spotted one in the 80s and 90s I'd have been wary of approaching the individual displaying it.

I have a little game I like to play with myself: I try to see if I can hear a female say 'diaper' at least once each day. I count conversations - even overheard - and commercials on TV, etc.

But I have a very dear friend who I'm guessing is at least a DL because a mention of diapers slips into every conversation she has ... even with other people. Since her youngest daughter is now a teenager, 'diapers' are often associated with the daughter's babysitting experiences. On days when I am not successful with my little audible game, I know I can pick up the phone and have her fill my quota without any prompting on my part!

So, to answer the OP's question, I think language and frequency of use are giveaways.

sbmccue said:
I imagine the obvious diaper pin on clothing or bags has gone out of favor. Rose Kennedy wore one as an adult; she kept notes to herself pinned to her dress. Even if I'd spotted one in the 80s and 90s I'd have been wary of approaching the individual displaying it.

I have a little game I like to play with myself: I try to see if I can hear a female say 'diaper' at least once each day. I count conversations - even overheard - and commercials on TV, etc.

But I have a very dear friend who I'm guessing is at least a DL because a mention of diapers slips into every conversation she has ... even with other people. Since her youngest daughter is now a teenager, 'diapers' are often associated with the daughter's babysitting experiences. On days when I am not successful with my little audible game, I know I can pick up the phone and have her fill my quota without any prompting on my part!

So, to answer the OP's question, I think language and frequency of use are giveaways.
That's a good way to stay alert for sure

Diaper fetish girls seem to secretly camp in the emo genre and quirky college prep by pictures on Pinterest and tumbler.

And as we now see here ADBLs seem to be very articulate, descriptive, and have keen analytical process acumen.

ShyatFirst said:
And as we now see here ADBLs seem to be very articulate, descriptive, and have keen analytical process acumen.
It is a small sample size and not a very good representation. I also don't think that you can really define the sect in those terms. One only has to peruse the "stories" written by this community to come to a very different conclusion. It is quite flattering though.

Llayden said:
It is a small sample size and not a very good representation. I also don't think that you can really define the sect in those terms. One only has to peruse the "stories" written by this community to come to a very different conclusion. It is quite flattering though.
Your response just backed up my observation LOL

ShyatFirst said:
Your response just backed up my observation LOL
Well....darn it? Hahaha!

Tread carefully. Someone might have picked up the hat somewhere not knowing what it meant.

I was today years old when I found out we had a symbol/pride flag. Why does this knowledge scare me? Seems like an interesting/scary idea to toy with.

Reactions: CrazySmoker
Back