Are Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dprlover90

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I'm a slow poke and just recently found out about the existence of these new Tena diapers. Tried the cloth backed ultima years ago, it was ok but I always prefer plastic.

So has anyone tried these recently? I recall the maxis having slightly poor tapes and the plastic was very papery and thin. Are these any better? I am kind of intrigued to try them. There are some closed threads about these but I could not tell the final decisive common consensus.

Also I do have to mention this:

I LOVE how they used "active fit" in their product name just like Pampers :D

in last few weeks i have contacted tena for samples of some their heavy duty diapers i wear for medical need by the way but they refused to send me samples of the ones that i was thinking that may work for me and they wanted me to buy a pack of them instead i told them to go to hell that i refuse to buy a pack of them to use only 1 or 2 and find out they was a crap diaper so to this i say let them sink to hell and out of business

dwayne said:
in last few weeks i have contacted tena for samples of some their heavy duty diapers i wear for medical need by the way but they refused to send me samples of the ones that i was thinking that may work for me and they wanted me to buy a pack of them instead i told them to go to hell that i refuse to buy a pack of them to use only 1 or 2 and find out they was a crap diaper so to this i say let them sink to hell and out of business

:laugh:

I like them alot, never had any problems with them. They are thin for how much they hold, but they do swell alot when wet. I think the active fit thing really works, you don’t feel them as much when you move around as other diapers. I recommend :)

Last edited:
I really rate the Ultima Active Fit. For me they are a great fit. For a medical product they also hold far more than most others.

I also wear for need, and none of the tena diapers were ever enough for me. They have too little capacity, and even worse reliabilty for leaks.

For me, confidry and northsore supreme are just barely good enough, but betterdry/crinkz works really well. They also cost me far less on a per day basis than other "cheaper" diapers since I don't need to change as often.

Don't worry about diapers being too thick and noticable either. People seriously do not notice a slight diaper bulge. However, they will notice wet pants when a thin diaper has leaked badly.

Thumbs up from me too. They are one of my regular daily-wear nappies that happen to fit me quite well. I use them out and about in all conditions, when something slimmer than a Betterdry is needed. I haven't had any specific problems such as faulty tapes or pinholes and for a medical brand at a reasonable price they perform very well overall for usable absorbency. The two drawbacks that make them my second choice are that they're not the best at wicking, so they tend to expand rather vigorously in the wetting area and not elsewhere, and that the leakguards aren't anything special making them more vulnerable to messy leaks when heavily soiled. A worthy successor to the original Slip, which also shared those characteristics.

Yes, I think the Tena Slip Ultima Active Fit are great - though I like the cloth backed ones as well these days, particularly in this weather!

ChocChip said:
Yes, I think the Tena Slip Ultima Active Fit are great - though I like the cloth backed ones as well these days, particularly in this weather!

This diaper is definitely on my “most wanted” list. I have not yet found a place in the US I can buy them.

I was a huge fan of the old tena slip maxi (“active fit” being it’s replacement), and love the thought of a slightly thicker version. Hoping Northshore or someone will carry these eventually!

Slomo said:
I also wear for need, and none of the tena diapers were ever enough for me. They have too little capacity, and even worse reliabilty for leaks.

For me, confidry and northsore supreme are just barely good enough, but betterdry/crinkz works really well. They also cost me far less on a per day basis than other "cheaper" diapers since I don't need to change as often.

Don't worry about diapers being too thick and noticable either. People seriously do not notice a slight diaper bulge. However, they will notice wet pants when a thin diaper has leaked badly.
I think you're talking about USA Tena, which is manufactured in the USA and the company was bought out and we're once known as Promise, they are complete garbage. However the European Tena is a completely different product that actually is quite good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: captinrighty
MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I think you're talking about USA Tena, which is manufactured in the USA and the company was bought out and we're once known as Promise, they are complete garbage. However the European Tena is a completely different product that actually is quite good.

Yes, I've heard MANY times that US diapers are not even close to comparable as their EU counterparts. I wouldn't mind trying a few EU diapers but shipping is cost prohibitive.

Slomo said:
Yes, I've heard MANY times that US diapers are not even close to comparable as their EU counterparts. I wouldn't mind trying a few EU diapers but shipping is cost prohibitive.
The crazy thing is that the EU Tena products are way thinner than the US ones, but they hold significantly more. They have great wicking, don't clump nearly as much.

I've seen these on sale on eBay shipped from the UK for under $100 total for a case of 60+. If Tena were smart enough, they'd be able to dethrone Kimberly Clark quite easily in stores if they were to produce/sell the same products here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back