Are early memories involving diapers linked to wearing in adulthood?

Thanks.

I had a TBI so I don't remember my babyhood much, but I do remember my mommy suggesting that if my head got hurt again I could end up in diapers for the rest of my life, and instead of being scared by that concept I was... can 9 year olds get turned on? LOL

I also think that some of my early memories of wearing diapers have a lot to do with my being a DL today. One of my memories in particular was pretty embarrassing for me and after it happened, I always felt "funny" about having to wear diapers. One time when I was about 5, my family was headed to the shore for vacation. I remember wearing a diaper in the car which wasn't uncommon for me on longer car rides. After sitting in traffic for hours, my dad had to use the bathroom in a busy parkway rest stop. He took me into the rest room with him to change my diaper that was getting leaky after sleeping in the car for hours. I guess all of the bathroom stalls were occupied so my dad changed my diaper while I was standing up over by the sinks, where everyone was coming and going. Just as my dad untaped my soggy diaper, some other kid came into the restroom with his father. I'll never forget the way he looked at me and said "Dad look! That kid still wears diapers!" I was very embarrassed and was trying not to cry. His father told him to be quiet and lead him away.
I'm sure the embarrassment of that situation mixed with the comfort I remember feeling when it was bedtime and the bag of Pampers came out of the hallway linen closet is why I turned out to be a DL as an adult.
p.s.-my dad was never intentionally cruel to me and he wasn't trying to humiliate me by changing my diaper in a public setting. He was always a little unaware of how I it made me feel.

I have an early memory of me wearing and wetting my diaper (around 3 years old), so for me I've always had this urge to wear diapers. I've learned to accept it and will always wear my diapes.

I have lots of early memories of diapers, but I also don’t ever remember not being interested in diapers. It’s kind of the chicken and egg scenario. Do I remember diaper events because I liked them, or do I like diapers because I remember diapered events?

Reactions: Sidewinder
When I was four my father had legal issues and my mother was busy with all that. I was at a babysitter's frequently. I had a messing accident and the sitter bathed me and put my clothing in the washer. I didn't have any other clothes there. After the bath, she told me she was going to put me in a diaper because that's all she had I could wear while she was laundering my clothes. Already embarrassed about the accident, I cried a lot as she diapered me. She turned it into a "game" and treated me, talked, and cooed to me like I was a baby. I quit crying and played the "game" with her. When I needed to potty, she had me go in the diaper, and changed me.
I know I didn't have the emotional intelligence then, but for that night, I wasn't scared my father would never come home. I wasn't feeling & abandoned as my mother fought to get my father released. I was a four year old acting like a 2 year old.
This sitter would frequently diaper me on other stays.

This planted the seed. Even as an adult, this is my target ageplayer head space. Too old for diapers, but not staying dry.

Fast forward when I was around 12, my father got framed for a murder. He was extradited out of state. I got my hands on some diapers. I would sleep in one when I could. It was something I would do when I was completely overwhelmed. I would fantasize about how the babysitter diapered and treated me like a baby. Then one night my dick got really hard and ended up with this white gooey stuff in my diaper. For awhile it happened everytime I was in a diaper. When it didn't do it by just being in a diaper, I'd rub it until it happened again.
If being diapered by the sitter implant this, going through puberty in a diaper cemented it.

I found over my smoked memory a trigger... or just I think that.

I remembered being diapered for sure. A recurring thing for me in the 90s was my grandma always made me stop what I was doing and go lay on the couch. I never knew what she was doing but she would say hold your legs up and I would then she’d put my pants back on and then make me take a nap while her soaps were on. That was a diaper change and I had no idea I just remember hating it because i wanted to play lol. I was in diapers until I 4. The next year when I started kindergarten at 5 a kid in my class with the same name as me wasn’t potty trained and I was super jealous. Out of no where he’d be playing with us and then the next he be pooping his pants and I soo wanted to be him but my mom said no I’m a big boy and then she explained to me he has a learning disability. I was still jealous and thought the toilet was a stupid Idea lol

I have no memory of being diapered, although I do remember cloth diapers in buckets. However I do for some reason remember and still have a fondness for plastic pants …..ok an obsession, I do remember being checked if I had wet my y fronts so I guess I was toilet trained early I really don't know but I do remember loving to wet my pants until I went to school and had to be a big boy, never got in trouble for it though as far as I can remember it just seemed natural.

I think early exposure to diapers post potty training had an effect on me, or perhaps that was me just acting out towards wanting to wear again, I don't know nor can I fully answer the question.
I just remember at the ages of 3-5, me wanting to get into diapers if I saw them, there were times I was caught trying to wear them at that age, whether I was stealing them from a diaper bag from a kid my mom was watching at our house, or stealing again at preschool.
I do have earlier memories of getting changed into a diaper but they are kind of grainy and I don't fully remember the feeling, these are more fragmented memories.
I'm pretty sure my diaper desires disappeared from ages 6-9, I was a fairly normal kid at that age, finding myself playing with friends and doing boy stuff all the time, I know all my feelings of wanting to be back into diapers came flooding back to me when I was 10 or so, we moved to a new house in a new neighborhood, our immediate next door neighbors were extremely nice, they had a daughter my age ( tom boy) and a toddler. I was always at there house playing, one day I was watching the toddler and I stole a diaper, put it on and that pretty much sealed my fait as a dl for the rest of my life, from there on out I've always had some type of diaper on me or was thinking about them. I ended up buying packs of pampers until I out grew them around age 15 1/2, then it was depends or store brand diapers for a while. After I came back from my military enlistment I found full time work, I was able to take my savings and put a hefty down payment on a small house, this was in 2010, right around the time that internet & abdl diapers became popular, from there on out all of this stuff has become the fabric within me.

Reactions: littlemoosey
I was punished as a young kid when i would have accidents and forced back into diapers. I secretly loved them after that. It had nothing to do with humiliation or anything just the soft plasticy crinkles and cute designs. I am very mildly autistic and aspergers as well so typically we dont potty train as easily also

Personally, I think such a thing played a role in my case: I definitely remember being in diapers, as I was a bit late with toilet training (I was around three-and-a-half when I was finally trained). After I made the transition to underwear, I distinctly remember thinking that the feeling of wearing a diaper was better. On rare occasions, I managed to snatch a diaper while my younger siblings still needed them, but those occasions were rare (I was also irritated that they would not fit me). I finally started buying diapers again when I was in my early 20’s.

Last edited:
I definitely think so in my case, I was a bedwetter until around ten or so and ever since then diapers have always been on my mind.
Not to long after I quit wettIng I wanted them back. I wanted to wet on purpose to keep wearing but was too scared to because my parents were upset enough as it was but now I can do what I want.

BusyBritches said:
Everyone has made some great points and I tend to agree with all of them.

Almost every ABDL I know is always looking for the "smoking gun" source of our love of diapers.

Interestingly, a therapist once asked me a disturbing question.....

"If I could discover the source of these feelings toward diapers and regression fantasies, and I found a cure for you, would you allow yourself to be cured and be rid of these babyish feelings forever?"

Until she asked me that, I had never thought about it. Wow! That blew my mind!

No I told her, I NEVER wanted to be "cured" of this: I LOVE MY DIAPERS. 🤭
Yeah we are who we are I could never tell my therapist as she’s obsessive of my past and she’d freak out

bambinod said:
It takes a GOOD doctor to overcome the overpowering desire to "fix" everything, and take into account of and accept what their patients do and do NOT want to "fix".

This moral dilema is difficult to relate to when considering something we all like and don't want "fixed", but it also must apply to things that are more commonly seen as needing to be fixed, like smoking or obesity.
Yeah look at my other reply that sums it up for most people

I have fragmented memories of my babysitters "playing" with me at the age of 5 or 6. It was a mix of my humiliation wearing Pampers and their own sick sexual gradification. I have dreams about it as well. I wake up sometimes with an erection. Not the morning wood I want to have.

AAO said:
It’s kind of the chicken and egg scenario. Do I remember diaper events because I liked them, or do I like diapers because I remember diapered events?

That's how I think about it too. Sort of. Did I already have an interest in diapers/nappies and remembered specific events like having my nappy changed for that reason, or was it remembering things.

My memory of actually wearing nappies as a baby/toddler are quite plentiful compared to what seems to be the case with most even here.

•My very first memory of which I’m sure of happened when I was one, and indeed it was of my mother changing my dirty nappy. I remember her being in a bit of a hurry to do it, she laid me out on the floor, got a clean nappy out of a packet, stuck it under me, ripped the used one away, wiped me, fastened the clean one up. All very swiftly. I remember she put the used one in a bag for the bin.
Osthagen said:
My wife says remembers being a rebellious two-year-old and taking things from her parents, small things like batteries and coins, and putting them inside of her nappy!
I did that too. Apparently. I don’t remember it specifically, but I have been told that I put things in my nappy.

Last edited:
The earliest diaper memory I can think of is pooping at my grandparents’ house when I was around 4 and being changed into a bright blue Pull-Up. I have memories from before that where I likely was diapered, but can’t recall anything about wearing them from then.

Yes for me because I clearly remember wearing diapers for bedwetting until I was about six. I already knew I liked them then because some mornings I would keep them on for a while because they felt good.

Reactions: indiaperdl
I know a really powerful early memory for me is when we were visiting a friend of my mom's, when I was around 4 and already potty-trained, I had an accident and my mom put me in a diaper as a punishment. I remember feeling ashamed, but also really comfortable and happy. And I wet the bed until I was 10 or so and always wished they put me in diapers for it.

Back