Are Drylife Slip Super Made in the UK?

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Drylife Slip Super appear to be from the UK.

They are ridiculously cheap here, the packaging does not have all the usual multi-lingual information that every other manufacturer has, and the only address mentioned on the pack is a UK address.

The packaging says “Made in the EU”, which (until 31st October this year) could mean the UK.

Does anyone know for sure whether these are in fact manufactured in the UK?

I’m aware that different brands are made in different countries.

So far I have managed to deduce the following:

Abena- Denmark
Tena- Sweden
Tender- Cyprus
Betterdry and Crinklz- Germany
Molicare- France/Germany
Formacare- Germany
ATN- USA
Depends Maximum Protection with Tabs- Mexico
ABU, Cuddlz, MyDiaper, Dotty, Rearz, Forsite- China.

Tena have factories all over the place. Holland and Poland spring to mind when I've looked at the packaging.

I do know I absolutely love Drylife slip. I'm wearing one now.

bobbilly said:
I do know I absolutely love Drylife slip. I'm wearing one now.
They are great aren’t they?

I’d be interested to hear your story, by the way, given we seem to be from the same “era”!

PCS said:
They are great aren’t they?

I’d be interested to hear your story, by the way, given we seem to be from the same “era”!

Okay here goes -

I'm into medical nappies. I don't like AB ones. Drylife look medical to me which I love. I like the authentic incontinent person look, bit of crinkle, nice bulge.

Reactions: Deleted member 48219
Drylife look quite similar to Northshore Supreme and Northshore have some stuff made in Italy.
A while ago, and I can't remember why, I looked at some of the Italian companies and was a bit surprised by how many manufacturers there were and the array of dispies that they made.

I know of a few northern, old cotton mills who turned their hands to making modern, disposable medical goods in the nineties (Bolton and elsewhere locally), but I don't know if they're still making stuff or just distributing for the big players (I worked for one, just down the road, in the nineties, who both made their own products and acted as a storage and distribution base for one of the big players).

I've never tried Northshore Supreme, although I would love too. I would very much like to know the comparison between the Northshore to Drylife's? I know this is difficult as Northshore and Drylife's consumer base are across the Atlantic. But I fell Drylife shouldn't be disregarded because they are a small company. I think they are best nappy ( I have tried all plastic European brands) out there. I really think that.

I too love the Drylife Slip, they are my favourite go to nappy, I love the feel of the plastic, it's super smooth, I wish NRU would make all of their nappies with the same plastic., they missed the boat with the playdayz nappy, if they made those on the same line using the Drylife plastic backing they would of been onto a winner with me.
I wonder if NRU who own the Drylife brand will bring out a version 2?

Last edited:
I've always thought the Drylife slip was very similar to the now discontinued iDSlip Expert Super PE backed, to the point I thought both came off the same line but a few people said it isn't so.

They're a good product and hold a lot but far too thin for me.

blob said:
I've always thought the Drylife slip was very similar to the now discontinued iDSlip Expert Super PE backed, to the point I thought both came off the same line but a few people said it isn't so.

They're a good product and hold a lot but far too thin for me.

I'm still of the opinion that they are the same, I was looking at the packing of both the drylife and the old id expert slip and they are very similar, they are definatly made by the same parent company, ontex. The product codes are different but are printed identically, and the usage instructions and illustrations are the same.
I'm not 100% sure where there made, the Id's are made in Belgium, but I think northshores are made in France but that might be wrong?

Back