Are diapers getting thinner?

JoeMusic1976

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So recently someone posed the question if BetterDay diapers have gotten thinner.
I from my own experience can say yes, they have lowered the amount of padding
especially in the rear.
It didn't seem to do the capacity any harm but the diaper seems more discreet when wearing out and about.

Now recently I ordered a pack of Abri Form (plastic backed) and they showed up.
These are the L4 which, to my knowledge, are the most absorbent Abri Form you can buy.
I do remember those to have been much thicker than those are now.

So are adult diapers in general getting thinner and the manufacturers are using more SAP
and less fluff?

technology has come a long way in past decades and yes diapers become thinner. They can generally absorb the same amount but they are cheaper to ship and move around.
If you yearn for thicker you can double diaper or add a booster pad or 2

Baby and medical grade diapers....yeah, but ABDL diaper are getting thicker and wider. For some reason between the ABDL diaper suppliers there's a race for the thickest, widest most absorbent diaper. Unfortunately that race is excluding wicking and distribution capabilities. I wish they'd stop and get back to the basics of a proper working diaper.

Reactions: SparkyDog
Nowididit said:
Baby and medical grade diapers....yeah, but ABDL diaper are getting thicker and wider. For some reason between the ABDL diaper suppliers there's a race for the thickest, widest most absorbent diaper. Unfortunately that race is excluding wicking and distribution capabilities. I wish they'd stop and get back to the basics of a proper working diaper.
yea we don't need 10+ Liters
give us 5 with no chance of leaking or falling apart.
id love if medical & abdl diapers used the channels so things stay together better
it really help things

What I miss were the thick but fluffy diapers from the 80’s-90’s. They absorbed a great deal but seemed to have a healthy amount of fluff and SAP. That lended to their performance and their comfort. Feeling like a cloud wrapped in plastic. Now they seem to rely increasingly more on SAP as stated and compressing the diapers in shrink wrap packaging that seems to really compress things to make them even thinner.

Reactions: badger50
SparkyDog said:
yea we don't need 10+ Liters
give us 5 with no chance of leaking or falling apart.
id love if medical & abdl diapers used the channels so things stay together better
it really help things
Channels have been invented by Drylock and beside baby diapers (licensed to P&G), they already produce adult pants with magical tubes and plan to create next generation of adult diapers (Dailee brand)... stay tuned...

Reactions: tafkadl
I remember having a baby and using Walmart house brand diapers. One time we needed to buy diapers somewhere and all I could find were expensive name-brand ones; and was surprised at how thin they were in the package. I'm sure the same is true of adult diapers (although I really like the feel of Abena M4s).

Reactions: JoeMusic1976
Back