Are boosters worth it?

Babyboy83

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
So I ordered a pack of rearz boosters for just under $50 that are 2500ml does anyone actually think it is worth it to add a booster to their diapers?

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Edgewater
Holds more and makes the diaper thicker great for extended wearing

Reactions: littledub1955, littledreamers333, babyfur13 and 3 others
Boosters are a affordable way to increase the capacity of a diaper.

Reactions: littledub1955, duckling, Padded90sKid and 3 others
Imo...no. But that's only because I rarely want or use a booster. If I do want to increase the thickness and capacity of a lower capacity diaper I'll use 3 flat fold cloth diapers, 27"×27" folded together in 3s or 2 flour sacks, 30"×30" folded together in 3s or 4s.
I find with my diaper needs being a want, not a need, that the high capacity diapers are enough on there own and a disposable booster only adds to more bulk up front because they don't distribute.....they just keep on absorbing. Cloth boosters distribute the wetness better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Yes, indeed! I cannot sing their praises enough. I got on board and came to the party rather late. But, after receiving samples along with various orders or free giveaways at events, I am now a believer.

The use of boosters enables me to extend the life of diapers and avoid the inconvenient hassle of changing at work I’ve described on another thread or other less than ideal places. That capacity you mentioned I believe is the one I use: the Rearz Overnight Booster. Oh my! How thick! In my limited experience, I have observed that most boosters are packed folded in half in their packaging. Not these. Admittedly, the thickness of them can be uncomfortable at times, especially right after putting on a diaper with one in them and taking my 30-mile commute to work, which in traffic can take up to an hour some mornings. I work a desk job so lots of shifting in my seat is required some days to get comfortable. I’ll even take the long way to the printer/copier sometimes so I can stay on my feet a bit more. Sometimes, if I’m drinking more than usual and fear leaks, I will go to the washroom and turn the booster pad around the other way. Once thoroughly soaked by the end of the day while driving home, the discomfort may return. However, for me and my situation, the benefit of being able to avoid changes at work far outweighs the cost of discomfort due to the bulkiness.

If this is your first booster pad, buying a whole pack was rather brave and risky. These are something I worked up to after doubling, tripling, and even once or twice quadrupling thinner brands, which I will point out is a benefit of the thinner brands. Rather than having to find several different thickness levels of diapers that you like for different times of day/night or activities, you can adjust the amount of booster pads you use in a diaper. I still use a variety of diaper thickness levels though. I’ve even heard of people merely changing the booster pad instead of the whole diaper, which I suppose is somewhat of a budgeting strategy too. If we’re talking about the same one I use, there are 24 in that pack so I hope you like them; if not and are looking to get them off your hands, I’ll take them 🤣 Not to mention once you try these, anything else will probably be a let down in comparison, unless you’d prefer something thinner that holds less capacity. Just have to reiterate to put this in perspective: all the other brands I’ve seen come folded in half, even other Rearz (InControl) models. Good luck and let us know what you think when you get them.

Yes, I think so too [that they are worth it]. However, I've only tried inexpensive boosters from medical brands for less than €10/pack (eg. these).
$50 seems a bit much to me, but 2500 ml is also a lot. If they deliver what they promise, wow.
https://rearz.ca/rearz-overnight-adult-booster-pads/ said:
Pad measures 1cm thick dry, 7cm saturated. That is 7x the size!
I would be afraid that my pants would burst LOL

On a regular basis I don’t use boosters, but when I feel like playing and want the little bit of extra I use them.
One of my favorite things is to take a true booster, cut the outside back of a plastic diaper (like a SDK) insert the booster between the plastic and padding, tape the back up with clear tape and then wear, the extra bulk and diaper longevity without taking away from the leak-guards is awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: camperspampers1, Cashew, BunnyFofo and 2 others
Obviously some people find boosters quite helpful for various reasons! With the availability of premium diapers on the market however, this puppy simply wears diapers that already hold more than needed so doesn't need or desire the extra bulk and absorbancy a booster adds, nor the extra work of maintaining the extra inventory and assembling the boosted diaper. Boosters, in the wrong diaper can actually cause leaks too by displacing the outer diaper and causing it to leak prematurely.

Boosters do have some benefits though, you can start with a regular absorbancy (thinner) diaper and add a booster or two when you want more - this could be more economical than premium diapers. Boosters can also put extra absorbancy in specific spots to help prevent leaks, like folding one over you penis to help limit leaks when laying down. And of course there's the crowd that wants the thickest diaper possible between their legs for reasons, boosters can help scratch that itch. Boosters can also be removed instead of a full diaper change, allowing some convenience when out and about for an extended period without carrying extra products externally. Boosters tend to be a lot cheaper than diapers, however haven't done an analysis of price to (usable) absorbancy.

Some diapering pros actually buy baby diapers to use inside their adult diapers, removing and even replacing the baby diaper to extend the use of the adult diaper and for more stealthy changes - it's also can be more affordable. There's even a Japanese disposable diaper designed and sold with matching pads with plastic back to allow the same outer shell (with some absorbancy itself) to be used multiple times by changing the liners, similar to using baby diapers inside the adult diaper.

This puppy doesn't always need the premium absorbancy (or bulk!) so has several different diapers available with different absorbancies. One option instead of using boosters to increase thickness and absorbancy is simply wearing a different brand of diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashew, diapeybabybrian and Edgewater
My issue with boosters is as they fill, they rise over the leak guards. Maybe it's me and I'm doing it wrong. But it seems like when I try and use them overnight, I often leak. Likely due to the different positions while I sleep. But that's just me.

Booster /Liners first came into use to help clean-up resulting from BM as part of cloth diapers. They also helped greatly in minimizing stains on the cloth diapers. As disposable became ever more popular their added volume helping with flooding as leaks commonly occurred in those early designs. They have continue to help with clean-up as the volume of a BM could be removed early and with care allowing the bulk of the disposable diaper to help during clean-up.

Today, the most common use for ABDL's is to simply add more available volume /mass to a standard or thin disposable diaper. Regular diaper changes for most IC individuals help to limit diaper rash and with the volume of modern high capacity, high-end diapers do not need the additional volume. As a result Boosters have become a product of choice for most based on your specific volume needs. Since the want for volume is a specific want, that also can determine whether or not to add a Booster.

Boosters can be problematic as modern mid to high-end diapers have two side guards / barriers and get the placement of the Booster wrong and leaks will be a major issue until either moved or removed.

I have tried them and find that I do not need them as my high volume diaper has the capacity to support my daily needs.

That all said, I find that the regular use of a diaper cover (plastic pant) is my most effective control of leaks.

pampers4U said:
take a true booster, cut the outside back of a plastic diaper (like a SDK) insert the booster between the plastic and padding, tape the back up with clear tape and then wear, the extra bulk and diaper longevity without taking away from the leak-guards is awesome.
THIS ^^^ Is something I really need to try, like TODAY....The amazing thing about this is that the booster does not inhibit the function of the leak guards, because the booster is positioned sub-level. Meaning this should work great at preventing flood leaks. Also, cutting the back of the diaper with a knife helps release built-up rage about not being able to consistently wet the back of the diaper...lol

TeddyJoy said:
My issue with boosters is as they fill, they rise over the leak guards. Maybe it's me and I'm doing it wrong. But it seems like when I try and use them overnight, I often leak. Likely due to the different positions while I sleep. But that's just me.
Try pampers4U strategy, it specifically addresses your concern.

Also, there is a great new product I've been using to STOP nighttime leaks, and they work great, you should check them out too
They're super comfortable, but you will need to find the size that fits you, they claim to have a risk-free product exchange but their customer service has been slow to respond so far. However, the high performance of the product makes it worth it.

Reactions: bugme, Cashew and Edgewater
I rather like them. They make a kinda-thin diaper into a more waddly and cumbersome-in-the-best-way diaper. I also like the ABU boosters a lot. I haven't tried the Rearz boosters yet.

Reactions: BunnyFofo and db80
diapeybabybrian said:
Try pampers4U strategy, it specifically addresses your concern.
That's a lot of work to go through, lol. There's definitely some crafty diaper wearers out there!

One thing no strategy can overcome, the physical shape and cut and size of the disposable diaper shell can't really be altered - leak guards or not, adding bulk the diaper wasn't designed for will often still make it fit differently and more prone to failure (leaking). A easy analogy - with cloth diapers you wear plastic pants over them to prevent fluid from leaving the cloth diapers. If you add more layers of cloth diaper, you may also need to increase the plastic pants size to accommodate the additional bulk.

For disposable diapers, the outer plastic is the equivalent of plastic pants and in theory designed to work with the factory amount of padding, and unlike cloth diapers, modern disposables use SAP which will cause the diaper to expand when used. Now add a disposable booster to your disposable diaper with 7cm of additional expansion that the outer shell was never designed to accommodate, and you get a bad fit for the outer shell and more likelyhood of leaking, regardless of leak guards.

Boosters can work and add to an existing diaper - they can even perform differently than the diaper alone, for example helping with wicking to other areas when the diaper doesn't wick as well. (And just like diapers, some doublers don't wick well too!)

Admittedly, this puppy is totally spoiled and biased by diapers that already have way more than adequate absorbancy - doublers do work (sometimes better than others) but just aren't desired or necessary.

On a side note, leak guards aren't the end all be all either. This puppy wore attends with waistband (blue tapes) for years (and no leaks guards!) with hardly any leaks... The absorbent pad on those diapers was very thirsty and wicked well - whereas some very good disposables today don't wick well or even don't immediately soak up pee - there's a lot of variables at play but factory compression of the padding, size of the fibers and ratio and quality of SAP all play a role. Leak guards can help direct the stream of pee to the padding and perhaps keep it away from the legs holes of the diaper while the diaper catches up - they assist but perhaps not as necessary with a good RAPIDLY absorbing padding as you might think.

Reactions: 247, LilHotRod and Edgewater
Boosters can be worth it.
They make diapers more absorbent and less likely to leak.
When I wear boosters for extra absorption, it's usually because I'm wearing a diaper in a situation where I know it would be prone to small leaks.
ABDL diapers are almost always absorbent enough that they don't need boosters.
But! Adding boosters to a thick ABDL diaper is still fun, if you like crazy thick diapers.

The boosters you bought from Rearz are probably too expensive. As a rule I don't pay more than 50 cents per booster.
My favorites are around 30 cents each.
Rearz are closer to a dollar each. I haven't tried them but I doubt they're worth that.

I've never had a problem with boosters interfering with leak guards BTW.
If you buy rectangular boosters of a small enough size it shouldn't be a problem.

db80 said:
Yes, I think so too [that they are worth it]. However, I've only tried inexpensive boosters from medical brands for less than €10/pack (eg. these).
$50 seems a bit much to me, but 2500 ml is also a lot. If they deliver what they promise, wow.

I would be afraid that my pants would burst LOL
Seconding this.
( Disclaimer: all of the pricing below is based on being in the USA )
You can get better thicker boosters, or the same quality for less if you buy certain medical brands, like Seni, Prevail, or Abena.
I use the LLmedco or XPmedical website to buy boosters.

Look for a low per unit cost. The price of boosters is all over the place and (counter to intuition) more expensive boosters (of the same size/shape) tend to be the same quality as, or worse than cheaper ones.
I recommend rectangular boosters for putting in most diapers, because they'll fit inside the leak guards.

Some of my favs:
Abena Abri-let Normal:
lowest of the low cost while still being relatively large and thick.
Prevail Booster:
costs slightly more than above, but has adhesive back. Just slightly smaller than above.
Seni Booster Pads:
Anatomically shaped pads about the same size and shape as the backing on a medium diaper. They come folded as rectangles, so you can also use them as a rectangular insert if you want. They're priced at less than 50 cents each. I feel like these give you the least cost/material, but I haven't done the math.

Reactions: DPLuvAB, Edgewater and db80
Yep

BunnyFofo said:
Boosters can be worth it.
They make diapers more absorbent and less likely to leak.
When I wear boosters for extra absorption, it's usually because I'm wearing a diaper in a situation where I know it would be prone to small leaks.
ABDL diapers are almost always absorbent enough that they don't need boosters.
But! Adding boosters to a thick ABDL diaper is still fun, if you like crazy thick diapers.

The boosters you bought from Rearz are probably too expensive. As a rule I don't pay more than 50 cents per booster.
My favorites are around 30 cents each.
Rearz are closer to a dollar each. I haven't tried them but I doubt they're worth that.

I've never had a problem with boosters interfering with leak guards BTW.
If you buy rectangular boosters of a small enough size it shouldn't be a problem.

Seconding this.
( Disclaimer: all of the pricing below is based on being in the USA )
You can get better thicker boosters, or the same quality for less if you buy certain medical brands, like Seni, Prevail, or Abena.
I use the LLmedco or XPmedical website to buy boosters.

Look for a low per unit cost. The price of boosters is all over the place and (counter to intuition) more expensive boosters (of the same size/shape) tend to be the same quality as, or worse than cheaper ones.
I recommend rectangular boosters for putting in most diapers, because they'll fit inside the leak guards.

Some of my favs:
Abena Abri-let Normal:
lowest of the low cost while still being relatively large and thick.
Prevail Booster:
costs slightly more than above, but has adhesive back. Just slightly smaller than above.
Seni Booster Pads:
Anatomically shaped pads about the same size and shape as the backing on a medium diaper. They come folded as rectangles, so you can also use them as a rectangular insert if you want. They're priced at less than 50 cents each. I feel like these give you the least cost/material, but I haven't done the math.
Ooh, lots of goodness there! This puppy remembers getting a pack of Abena boosters, the super long rectangle style, biggest they had... (Not sure of exact product name or if even still available!) They really helped with wicking and bulked up the diaper! Diapers didn't have the insane absorbancy back then either.

Reactions: Edgewater and BunnyFofo
For DL, ABDL- yes. If you're incontinent- it depends on your needs. If you are looking for longer lasting without changing, the boosters may help but if you're looking for discreet- it may not be a good option.

Reactions: Edgewater and BunnyFofo
Ooh, thought of another negative - thicker diapers (wet or dry) are harder to have sexy fun times in... Adding a booster can make it worse and crimp your equipment and make it to bulky and tight to get the good sensations, lol.

Last edited:
Boosters are awesome they can take a cheap brief and make it acceptable for instance my insurance covers tranquility atn's by themselves a very cheap moderate brief but my insurance also covers the tranquility top liner boosters..they literally double my time in-between changes. And if I'm really needing extra absorbency I can put 2 or 3 boosters in and go to the bar 🍺 and be good for a good evening... Just saying ...at and 2 boosters will easily go 12 hours on a normal day for me.

Reactions: PupSpaz and Edgewater
pampers4U said:
On a regular basis I don’t use boosters, but when I feel like playing and want the little bit of extra I use them.
One of my favorite things is to take a true booster, cut the outside back of a plastic diaper (like a SDK) insert the booster between the plastic and padding, tape the back up with clear tape and then wear, the extra bulk and diaper longevity without taking away from the leak-guards is awesome.
*GASPS* You perform implant surgery on your diapers?!

• Haha
Reactions: diapeybabybrian and Edgewater
Back